No announcement yet.

OT: Good picture for avatar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My friend, you didn't hear about Sikorsky-Majski agreement?
    With the outbreak of the Soviet-German War in 1941 the international situation of Soviet Union changed and Joseph Stalin started to seek help from other countries opposing Hitler. Strongly encouraged by British Foreign Office diplomat Anthony Eden, Sikorski on July 30, 1941, opened negotiations with the Soviet ambassador to London, Ivan Mayski, to re-establish diplomatic relations between Poland and the Soviet Union. Later that year, Sikorski went to Moscow with a diplomatic mission (including the future Polish ambassador to Moscow, Stanisław Kot, and chief of the Polish Military Mission in the Soviet Union, General Zygmunt Szyszko-Bohusz). Sikorski was the architect of the agreement reached by both governments, that was finally signed on August 17, 1941.

Joseph Stalin agreed to declare all previous pacts he had with Nazi Germany null and void, invalidate the September 1939 Soviet-German partition of Poland and release tens of thousands of Polish prisoners-of-war held in Soviet camps. Pursuant to an agreement between the Polish government-in-exile and Stalin, the Soviets granted "amnesty" to many Polish citizens, from whom a 40,000-strong army (Anders Army, later known as the Polish II Corps) was formed under General Władysław Anders. The whereabouts of thousands more Polish officers, however, would remain unknown for two more years, and this would weigh heavily on both Polish-Soviet relations and on Sikorski's fate. Katyn forest masacre, You know, I supose?
    - Your Highness, the enemy is so numerous... they outnumber your army.
    - My friend, first I beat 'em then I'll count 'em
    (Polish King Jan III Sobieski during his campaigns)

Historia Wojskowa Portal Historyczno-Wojskowy phw.org.pl

Comment

okay. fine...
      so, let us share this guilt between us, russians - and you, poles.

Comment

- Your Highness, the enemy is so numerous... they outnumber your army.
        - My friend, first I beat 'em then I'll count 'em
        (Polish King Jan III Sobieski during his campaigns)

Historia Wojskowa Portal Historyczno-Wojskowy phw.org.pl

Comment

"Sir, negotiations between the Poles and Russians have halted due to a sarcasm alert."
          “To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just so long as it is needed…” -1984 about the Big Lie

Comment

Well, well, boys..
            I again need to remind you about be in the topic even if it's off-top subject!

I know, subject of Polish-Russian relation is endless, but I'm not going to have my forum as a battlefield between radical opinions on this subject.

So, I again ask you to be in the subject..
            I have feelings I need to close much off-top topics.

If you wish to discuss relations between the USSR and Poland in 1920th-40th you are free to open new thread.

Regards,
            Alex
            If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Yes let us return to the bears.

Yesterday I was on a school trip , we had gone by bicycle to some boring place.
              On the morning when we should start our way back we was told that someone had seen a bear on the way.
              Suddenly it became much more silent , my fellow students seemed scared almost trembling by fear.
              When it was time go back almost everyone was in a group , going as fast as they could.
              I was not in that group because: I had some problems with the bike ( and I am lazy)
              So I was behind that group all the time and I am alive which proves two things :1 Swedish students are very very afraid of bears( can not blame them to much, many are that) 2 bears are not as dangerous as they think.

But never underestimate the bears! They are very clever and nasty creatures.
              They have even managed to fool away people that was guarding rain deers and when the guard came back it was one rain deer less.
              So they are very clever...
              “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

Originally posted by stalin View Post
                ...but also sit beside them at the tables when celebrating some holidays.
                Actually, this is a true story I heard from one of the guests at a capitalist investment conference in Whistler (near Vancouver, BC, Canada) where the bears are fairly used to humans and rummage through garbage cans for food I understand.

Late at night two delegates were stumbling back in the snow through some trees to the hotel after a good few drinks at a local tavern- busily chatting to each other. One of them stopped for a call of nature but the other kept going, chatting away. A couple of minutes later- noticing his companion had suddenly fallen silent- he stopped, looked over at his companion a few feet beside him now leaning against a tree and asked if he was OK.

It was only then in the dim light that he realized that it had grown significantly in size and height and was in fact a bear, which he'd been perfectly contentedly and obliviously wandering along beside and chatting to for several minutes. Some shock! It didn't take him long after that to get to the hotel. A couple of wags suggested it was a good job he didn't:

1) suggest 'one for the road' and try to steer his new companion into another tavern.
                2) put his arm round the bear's shoulder.
                3) crack a joke and slap the bear on the back.
                4) start singing 'The Teddy Bear's Picnic Song'.
                5) suggest his new companion come back to his room for a nightcap++, which might have led to trouble at the revolving door or- if they both made it through- reception.
                6) offer him a coke- apparently they don't appreciate those stupid polar bear adverts.
                Tactics are based on Weapons... Strategy on Movement... and Movement on Supply.
                (J. F. C. Fuller 1878-1966)

Comment

Here is another true story:

My parents was running after some reindeers and they shouted to each other to keep track of wher the other was ( not words only sounds to let the other hear where you are).
                  On the evening they talked about where they had been and it showed up that no one had been on the place the other thought.
                  This was because a bear had run between them and shouted as a human ( I said that they are nasty)
                  Last edited by Erkki; 10 Jun 07, 17:29.
                  “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X