26th Armoured Corps in "Uranus"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 26th Armoured Corps in "Uranus"

I would like to know what kind of tanks did use this unit on the 20th of November 1942, when they crushed the Rumanian 1st Arm. Div. at Perelazovski.
    The 26th Armoured Corps was part of the Don Front but I don't know which unit.
    1st Guard Army ? 5th Arm. Army ? 21st Army ?
    Thanks for your help.

2 brigades had T-34 and T-70, while the other had KV tanks and T-70. It was part of 5 tank army.
    “Die in peace my brothers, but die quietly, so that we hear nothing but the faintest echo of your suffering…”

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
      Were the 114th, 167th or 241st Armd. Brig. part of the 26th Armd. Corps ?
      I know these units did use some Lend-Lease tanks.

Comment

Non, le 26e Corps Blindé était composé de la 19e et de la 157e brigades de chars, toutes deux ayant des T-34 et des T-70, ainsi que de la 216e brigade de chars, qui elle avait des chars KV-1 et T-70. Du temps de l'Opération Uranus, bien sûr, ça a pu changé par la suite.
        Malheureusement, je ne sais pas de quelle formation les 114e, 167e et 241e brigades de chars faisaient parties.
        “Die in peace my brothers, but die quietly, so that we hear nothing but the faintest echo of your suffering…”

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
          I would like to know what kind of tanks did use this unit on the 20th of November 1942, when they crushed the Rumanian 1st Arm. Div. at Perelazovski.
          The 26th Armoured Corps was part of the Don Front but I don't know which unit.
          1st Guard Army ? 5th Arm. Army ? 21st Army ?
          Thanks for your help.
          On Dec. 1'42 the 26th Tank Corps/21st Army/Don Front included:
          19th, 157th Tank Brigades, 14th Motorised Rifle Brigade.

On Nov. 1'42 the 26th TC belonged to the 5th Tank Army/South-Western Front and included:
          19th, 157th, 216th Tank Brigades, 14th Motorised Rifle Brigade...

Regards,
          Alex

P.S. At the beginning of operation the 26th TC was subordinated to the 5th Tank Army.
          The 216th Tank Brigade was used for infantry support

Fragment from the map of operation
          Last edited by amvas; 18 Mar 07, 02:13. Reason: Specification of data
          If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Thanks Alex and... merci, Cousin !

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X