OT: Amvas question - Trolley traces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Amvas question - Trolley traces

Do Russian trolleys have the same gauge track as the trains? In other words, could the trains run on trolley tracks? Thanks.

Originally posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Do Russian trolleys have the same gauge track as the trains? In other words, could the trains run on trolley tracks? Thanks.
    Tram (or in american version "trolley") traces can't be used by trains, because they have more sharp bends than those needed for trains.
    The gaugage is the same though...(1524 mm, if I'm right)
    If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

No, they aren't the same. It is clearly seen even by an ordinary eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrey View Post
        No, they aren't the same. It is clearly seen even by an ordinary eye.
        OK. That's 2 different answers by 2 Russians. Who's right?

Comment

OK. That's 2 different answers by 2 Russians. Who's right?
          Oh, Amvas is more correct. I mixed "tramvay" and "trolleybus".

That what you called trolley is called tramvay in Russia and a Russian trolleybus is a wheeled bus with electrical engine which gets its power from wires over road.

It is confusion due the same names of different things in Us and Russia...

Comment

Originally posted by Andrey View Post
            Oh, Amvas is more correct. I mixed "tramvay" and "trolleybus".

That what you called trolley is called tramvay in Russia and a Russian trolleybus is a wheeled bus with electrical engine which gets its power from wires over road.

It is confusion due the same names of different things in Us and Russia...
            Andrey, you could see that I had taken "trolley" as "tram" in my post...

To Barbarossa: I heard in Moscow even exists tran-railway crossing in one place...

regards,
            Alex
            If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Originally posted by amvas View Post
              Andrey, you could see that I had taken "trolley" as "tram" in my post...

To Barbarossa: I heard in Moscow even exists tran-railway crossing in one place...

regards,
              Alex
              Thank you kind sir...you are a gentleman...even if you did wallpaper your office.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X