Hube's Pocket: Info Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hube's Pocket: Info Please

I'm part of a mapping team for Red Orchestra that creates historically-based battles. Our last map, Narva, was fairly true to a map of the battle area by a German officer.

Our new project is Hube's Pocket, and we need information beyond the wikipedia article. So if anyone can contribute to this, please do. Thank you.

Originally posted by Feldwebel Crin View Post
    I'm part of a mapping team for Red Orchestra that creates historically-based battles. Our last map, Narva, was fairly true to a map of the battle area by a German officer.

Our new project is Hube's Pocket, and we need information beyond the wikipedia article. So if anyone can contribute to this, please do. Thank you.
    If you specify what you means under "Hube's pocket" it would be easier for anybody, who can help you.
    Take into consideration, that many western terms are puzzles for Russians...

Regards,
    Alex
    If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Originally posted by amvas View Post
      If you specify what you means under "Hube's pocket" it would be easier for anybody, who can help you.
      Take into consideration, that many western terms are puzzles for Russians...

Regards,
      Alex
      That's the Kamenets-Podolsky Pocket for you russian types

Comment

Originally posted by Boonierat View Post
        That's the Kamenets-Podolsky Pocket for you russian types
        Hmm... Not Korsun-Shevchenkovsky?

Comment

Originally posted by amvas View Post
          Hmm... Not Korsun-Shevchenkovsky?
          Cherkassy?

Comment

Sorry, I didn't think about what it was called from the Russian perspective. No, it's not the Korsun pocket.

Comment

Sorry, I didn't think about what it was called from the Russian perspective. No, it's not the Korsun pocket.
              I think Boonie's right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hube%27s_Pocket
              Check out our webpage for our NFL picks http://members.cox.net/mjohns59/

Comment

I think he is talking about the encirclement of the First Panzer Army in early 1944, Kamenets-Podolsky. Since this is turning into a routine, FC, and since it is for your work projects, do you pay a research fee?
                Leadership is the ability to rise above conventional wisdom.

Comment

I believe in Russian terms these events took place in the course of
                  Proskurovo-Chernovitskaya operation

Comment

What exactly are you looking for? Isn't Red Orchestra a first-person shooter, so your play area is only a few square kilometers? What use is it to have a historical map? Even the best large-scale maps are 1:50,000 or 1:100,000, which means that your play area is only a few square centimeters on the map. I can see how it would be cool to have a real city to fight in, but countryside is pretty generic, it seems to me.
                    "If you have too firm a belief in the glories of soldiering, try a war."

Comment

I really don't know how the team can pull this map off, honestly. Our last work was based off a relatively tiny area of operations, and it was 1:1 ratio. The plan was to make the fighting combined arms in some farmland and dense woods. I'm guessing that they wanted me to collect information on the armies involved (Supplies, vehicles the formations contained and amount, etc.).

But, it looks like the team has completely fallen apart. The last post on our forums was from the 19th of February.

On a research fee, I realize that I should pay one. But since this project's most likely dead, don't bother. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X