Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Posledniy Mif....?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Posledniy Mif....?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfEywfBF3PQ

    This is the first of a series on Youtube. I assume it is a Russian TV program. Although my beginner's Russian isn't up to understanding what it is about - even the title: is it looking at the myth?- there is some interesting archive footage in the segments I hadn't seen before. Is it about "Victor Suvorov's" theories? What do Russian users of the site think of it? Worth a viewing or not?

  • #2
    Originally posted by Dave T View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfEywfBF3PQ

    This is the first of a series on Youtube. I assume it is a Russian TV program. Although my beginner's Russian isn't up to understanding what it is about - even the title: is it looking at the myth?- there is some interesting archive footage in the segments I hadn't seen before. Is it about "Victor Suvorov's" theories? What do Russian users of the site think of it? Worth a viewing or not?
    Type "Suvorov" in "Search" section and look the results.

    Viktor Suvorov (Rezun) is a traitor like Litvinenko who betrayed his motherland and began to write lie against his homeland to get money.

    His books are complete nonsence...

    PS: I have no ability to look movie through Internet
    Last edited by Andrey; 06 Jan 07, 23:52.

    Comment


    • #3
      I have no time to watch moovies via. net.

      Youmay be surprised, but Russian TV creates lots of myths itself. Too many journalists are absolute dabblers in the subject...As for Rezun-suvorov's books. absolute majority of them is lie. And not because he's traitor, but because he's absolute dumb and his statements are more dumb than himself.
      And his statements about technical subjects are at the level of kindergarten.
      So, you'll never see citation of Rezun's materials in serious researches.
      Rezun made his own theory and became a slave of it publishing/compiling only that materials, which are in correspondence with his views missing all the others...

      that's all.
      any further discussion about this will be truncated


      Regards,
      Alex
      If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

      Comment


      • #4
        I've read one of Suvarov's books, and calling his statements lies is actually being kind to him! Besides that, his supporters refuse to accept any evidence contrary to the myths he perpetuates and insist Suvarov has the "the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth"

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by grognard View Post
          I've read one of Suvarov's books, and calling his statements lies is actually being kind to him! Besides that, his supporters refuse to accept any evidence contrary to the myths he perpetuates and insist Suvarov has the "the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth"
          Russian language contains much more expressive means than English to show how wrong Rezun is... In any case they will be truncated by my own censorship....
          If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Dave T View Post
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfEywfBF3PQ

            This is the first of a series on Youtube. I assume it is a Russian TV program. Although my beginner's Russian isn't up to understanding what it is about - even the title: is it looking at the myth?- there is some interesting archive footage in the segments I hadn't seen before. Is it about "Victor Suvorov's" theories? What do Russian users of the site think of it? Worth a viewing or not?
            I looked at all six parts. As you said, it appears to be from Russian television. Suvorov (Rezun) gets a lot of air time, but so do some Russian military historians and others, some of whom disagree. Basically, the argument in the movie is that Stalin wanted the war as a way to bring about the collapse of the capitalist countries through war and have the Red Army pick up the pieces, and he facilitated it as much as possible by allowing the German military to train secretly in Russia, sign the secret protocol to the Ribbentrop-Molotov Pact, not negotiate with the Western Allies, etc.

            It seems to me that you can believe this without having to accept all the rest of the crap which Suvorov spits out, and even if it's true, it does not in any way relieve Nazi Germany from responsibility for WWII.
            "If you have too firm a belief in the glories of soldiering, try a war."

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Kardon View Post
              I looked at all six parts. As you said, it appears to be from Russian television. Suvorov (Rezun) gets a lot of air time, but so do some Russian military historians and others, some of whom disagree. Basically, the argument in the movie is that Stalin wanted the war as a way to bring about the collapse of the capitalist countries through war and have the Red Army pick up the pieces, and he facilitated it as much as possible by allowing the German military to train secretly in Russia, sign the secret protocol to the Ribbentrop-Molotov Pact, not negotiate with the Western Allies, etc.

              It seems to me that you can believe this without having to accept all the rest of the crap which Suvorov spits out, and even if it's true, it does not in any way relieve Nazi Germany from responsibility for WWII.
              It looks like it is about a TV program which was produced on "independent" NTV channel.

              It was app. in 2000 when the most popular Russian TV channel of that time - NTV made a series of documentaries based on Suvorov's theories.

              The real owner of the TV channel of that time was Vladimir Gusinskii, an oligarch, who is in Israel now and whose extradicion Russia have been asking for a few last years.

              The series of documentaries was done by Evgenii Kiselev, who is a famous journalist. But I doubt he has serious knowledge about history of WWII.

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks for the briefings Guys, especially Kardon for pithy explanation of Suvorov's theory.
                I'll just enjoy the clips for the archive footage and as an aid to language learning. I have seen the Wikipedia item on this man now.
                Same sort of "historian" as David Irving perhaps.
                The publishers know how to make money from bad history.
                I don't think I need to learn anything else on this topic so hopefully you won't have to censor yourself further Alex
                Amazing how many bizarre theories, previously unknown to me, are found by casual web-surfing. The Kursk submarine story for one.... But let's finish this thread here shall we?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by amvas View Post
                  Russian language contains much more expressive means than English to show how wrong Rezun is... In any case they will be truncated by my own censorship....
                  Glad to hear Russian is so expressive, sorry you can't share the joys of your language.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Speaking of Suvorov, I was wondering...

                    Suvorov wrote a book called Spetsnaz, SAS of the Soviet Union which I liked. But after hearing about some of his statements, I have seriously questioned his reliability. So I`m wondering...is there any better book about the Spetsnaz?
                    "Beneath its gilded beauty, though, there lies a poorly designed game which rewards the greedy and violent, and punishes the hardworking and honest; and if you think about it, that's a good representation of capitalism" - Nightfreeze about Eve Online

                    Comment

                    Latest Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X