Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(OT) Who's Killing Russia's News Reporters?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by stalin View Post
    now that scaramello is detained by the police, western mass-media and scotland yard must be looking quite stupid for their allegations against russia and her fsb.
    Arrest of Scaramello still is not connected with Litvinenko's death. But I can't exclude any variants....
    In any case contacts of Litvinenko with people at least close to criminal (if not criminals themselves) must feed brains of everybody...
    If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

    Comment


    • if only sherlock holmes and dr.watson were now, like... around - they would've "unraveled" this case easely, 'cause those dorks from scotland yard only know how to waste taxpayers' money on expensive tests and voyages to russia.
      wasn't it clear right away - scaramello is the "poisoner".

      Comment


      • Veerrry interesting guys.

        Comment


        • One new version appeared recently.
          People, who which poisoned Litvinenko and tried to poison Gajdar can be connected with Yukos and its former heads.
          If to remember in the dossier of Yukos we cold see poisoning of some figures by wapors of mercury this version has some chances for further development....
          If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

          Comment


          • Originally posted by amvas View Post
            One new version appeared recently.
            People, who which poisoned Litvinenko and tried to poison Gajdar can be connected with Yukos and its former heads.
            If to remember in the dossier of Yukos we cold see poisoning of some figures by wapors of mercury this version has some chances for further development....
            Hmm. So says the Russian Chief prosecutor. He has named a Mr Nevzlin of Yukos - now in Israel. Maybe Khodorkovsky will be implicated in the conspiracy too despite his alibi
            I think the NSY dorks may have other views...
            Anti Russian leader columns have appeared in serious UK press so a picture is painted to the readers almost of a bandit dictatorship bullying its neighbours and making mischief further afield. Is this reported in Russia and if so, how do the Russian people react? Are British visitors not particularly welcome at present?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Dave T View Post
              Hmm. So says the Russian Chief prosecutor. He has named a Mr Nevzlin of Yukos - now in Israel. Maybe Khodorkovsky will be implicated in the conspiracy too despite his alibi
              I think the NSY dorks may have other views...
              It's only version now... one of them, if you like....

              Anti Russian leader columns have appeared in serious UK press so a picture is painted to the readers almost of a bandit dictatorship bullying its neighbours and making mischief further afield. Is this reported in Russia and if so, how do the Russian people react? Are British visitors not particularly welcome at present?
              I can say that Russians reacts like "A dog is barking and caravan is going forward".
              I'm not going to start large dispute about politics of Russia. I only can say just now majority of Russian population is sure we are moving in right direction despite of all that propagandistic PR actions of western mass-media.
              (Btw, Berezovsky has much expereince in organising dark PR....)

              Who told you Britts are not welcomed here?
              Arrive and test our relations....
              If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Dave T View Post
                Hmm. So says the Russian Chief prosecutor. He has named a Mr Nevzlin of Yukos - now in Israel. Maybe Khodorkovsky will be implicated in the conspiracy too despite his alibi
                I think the NSY dorks may have other views...
                What are NSY dorks?

                Anti Russian leader columns have appeared in serious UK press so a picture is painted to the readers almost of a bandit dictatorship bullying its neighbours and making mischief further afield. Is this reported in Russia and if so, how do the Russian people react? Are British visitors not particularly welcome at present?
                The Russians are informed about Western mass media writings.

                It is usually done in evening news and especially in weekly analitic TV programs.

                Also there are sites where Western aryicles are translated to Russian. The most known is www. inosmi.ru.

                The Russians have some feelings about it.

                1. The large dissapoint in Western political system in which the mass media write such a nonsense about Russia.

                2. The large feel that the West in not a friendly disposed toward Russia (often it operates as an enemy).

                3. The large feel that the West meddles into the Russian internal affairs, we don't want the West teach us how we should live.

                4. The large feel that the West uses the politics of double standarts towards Russia.

                So the conclusions are following:

                - We should not care a straw about what Western mass media will write, they will write badly about Russia in any case.

                - We do not want to become the same as the West.

                - We do not believe to Western mass media.

                And the common feeling is:
                "Hands off Russia" and "Get out with your demands and advises"

                And i want to add that the majority of the Russians live by ordinary life. Putin rules OK and they trust him to do it.

                The situation is stable and cann't be compared to the events of 2003 when the USA invaded Iraq or 1999 when the USA bombed Yugoslavia. In those time periods the most of Russians sat nearly TV-sets listening last news and then disputed it in a work. I remember that in my job in 2003 a 45-year woman-programmer began its work day by a question: "What is going on in Iraq now?"

                Amvas wrote an excellent answer:
                "A dog is barking but caravan is going forward".

                Comment


                • I appreciate Amvas' graphic expression. I wonder what breed of dog would best characterise the UK?
                  If my puny efforts at learning Russian bear fruit, I would like to visit in the next year or two to "test relations".
                  Thank you Andrey for the lucid exposition of Russian viewpoint. A large part of me agrees with the sentiments of the Russian population as set out by you. How is Blair's Britain in a position to tell other countries how to live? But...although I don't believe all I read in the UK media, I am uneasy about some of the things I read and hear about Russia. There is a saying here about there being no smoke without fire. "Strong" - repressive Government, nepotism, corruption, violent nationalist youth movements...(I meant Russia but maybe it fits the UK ) East is East and West is West and never the two shall meet may apply (Kipling, I think) Churchill's reference to Russia as a puzzle wrapped in an enigma etc etc perhaps still illustrates the West's continuing lack of understanding....
                  The disparaging "NSY dorks" reference to the Metropolitan Police was taken from Comrade Stalin's post. I hold them in high esteem and wish them well in their continuing enquiries which will doubtless incorporate the Yukos angle propped up by the Russian prosecutor. I hope it is not a red herring - (diversion) to hamper them.

                  Comment


                  • A brief mention of two BBC TV programmes yesterday:
                    Current affairs program "Panorama" packed alot of objective investigative journalism into 30 minutes and concluded that more than one attempt was made to poison Litvinenko. Circumstantial evidence from the traces left by polonium 210 strongly implicates Lugavoy and Kovtun, whose only defence appears to be "We've been framed".
                    A program made by a British film director who befriended Litvinenko was rather less objective, portraying him as a man of high principal who had tried to expose criminal corruption in the FSB in Russia before he fled to the UK. He was shown as a Russian patriot and communist who despaired of the criminal nature of the state to the detriment of the people. It contained lengthy interviews with Litvineko himself, his wife, Berezokvsky, Scaramella, Anna Politskaya etc and was quite effective in portraying him in a favourable light and denigrating Putin and the FSB.
                    It would be good to see a program giving the Russian perspective of this program's contents.
                    A point was made about the timing of the assassination. It was suggested that the new law introduced in the Summer in Russia authorising State action abroad was one factor as was a plan for Litvinenko to address an EC meeting about his claims about the 1999 Moscow appartment bombings and involvement of FSB.
                    What has happened to Litvinenko's FSB colleagues who joined him at the press conference to expose the illegal acts of their organisation - mainly the Berezovsky assassination plans? Is there any such investigative journalism in Russia today or has the state closed any media engaged in such?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Dave T View Post
                      A brief mention of two BBC TV programmes yesterday:
                      Oh, again that serial is going on...

                      Current affairs program "Panorama" packed alot of objective investigative journalism into 30 minutes and concluded that more than one attempt was made to poison Litvinenko. Circumstantial evidence from the traces left by polonium 210 strongly implicates Lugavoy and Kovtun, whose only defence appears to be "We've been framed".
                      Yes, I heard about this...
                      Funny to mention if dose which killed Litvinenko cost $30 mln two attempts must cost at least $60 mlns...
                      Don't you think it's too much to spend for simply murder of one person?
                      Maybe this proves that Litvinenko had contact with Polonium more than once. This can be treated as a proof of his involvement in illegal traffic of radioactive materials...

                      A program made by a British film director who befriended Litvinenko was rather less objective, portraying him as a man of high principal who had tried to expose criminal corruption in the FSB in Russia before he fled to the UK.
                      The situation was just 180 deg. opposite...
                      Litvinenko working in this direction tried to calumniate the most expreienced officers of police.... He provided absolutely fantastic versions none of which he could proove...

                      He was shown as a Russian patriot and communist who despaired of the criminal nature of the state to the detriment of the people.
                      Don't make me laugh....
                      This pal was bought stock and barrel by Berezovsky!
                      What a "patriot" he could be? He was a garden poodle of Berezovsky and nothing more....

                      It contained lengthy interviews with Litvineko himself, his wife, Berezokvsky, Scaramella, Anna Politskaya etc and was quite effective in portraying him in a favourable light and denigrating Putin and the FSB.
                      Have you noticed the range of people who had been asked?
                      They also cold ask Shamil basaev what he thought about Litvinenko, but "Unfortunately" he had been killed some months earlier..
                      for Russians opinion of all mentioned people means just the opposite what they are speaking about.
                      If Berezovsky says "+" that means "-"...

                      It would be good to see a program giving the Russian perspective of this program's contents.
                      I already gave two extracted main versions from here.
                      1) massive propagandistic anti-Russian campaign
                      (paying $30-60 mlns is rather small amount in this case taking into consideration global purposes)
                      2) Illegal traffic of Polonium

                      A point was made about the timing of the assassination. It was suggested that the new law introduced in the Summer in Russia authorising State action abroad was one factor as was a plan for Litvinenko to address an EC meeting about his claims about the 1999 Moscow appartment bombings and involvement of FSB.
                      Litvinanko generated too much crazy versions prooving theory of Dr. Goebbels "the most blatant lie is the most believable"

                      What has happened to Litvinenko's FSB colleagues who joined him at the press conference to expose the illegal acts of their organisation - mainly the Berezovsky assassination plans? Is there any such investigative journalism in Russia today or has the state closed any media engaged in such?
                      No comments...

                      Regards,
                      Alex
                      If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by amvas View Post
                        Oh, again that serial is going on...
                        It will run and run! Longer than the thread stays open I suspect
                        Originally posted by amvas View Post


                        Yes, I heard about this...
                        Funny to mention if dose which killed Litvinenko cost $30 mln two attempts must cost at least $60 mlns...
                        Don't you think it's too much to spend for simply murder of one person?
                        Maybe this proves that Litvinenko had contact with Polonium more than once. This can be treated as a proof of his involvement in illegal traffic of radioactive materials...
                        I doubt that the suppliers of the poison had to pay commercial rates! The polonium trail was attached to Lugavoy and Kovtun, not to Litvinenko until he met them.

                        Originally posted by amvas View Post

                        The situation was just 180 deg. opposite...
                        Litvinenko working in this direction tried to calumniate the most expreienced officers of police.... He provided absolutely fantastic versions none of which he could proove...
                        As long as you are keeping an open mind
                        Originally posted by amvas View Post
                        Don't make me laugh....
                        This pal was bought stock and barrel by Berezovsky!
                        What a "patriot" he could be? He was a garden poodle of Berezovsky and nothing more....
                        I guess a garden poodle is similar to a capitalist running dog. BTW we say lock, stock and barrel but your knowledge of English is pretty damn impressive. Calumniate Is not a word that trips of my tongue! Slander would fit here and be more intelligible to the increasingly ill-educated population of the UK Oh an just the one o in prove even though it is pronounced proove and the noun is proof! Hey, I'm finding trying to learn Russian pretty hard work so I'm nitpicking a bit.
                        Originally posted by amvas View Post

                        Have you noticed the range of people who had been asked?
                        They also cold ask Shamil basaev what he thought about Litvinenko, but "Unfortunately" he had been killed some months earlier..
                        for Russians opinion of all mentioned people means just the opposite what they are speaking about.
                        If Berezovsky says "+" that means "-"...
                        I did notice the absence of any counter to the hagiography of Litvinenko. I did say it was his friend's film and lacking in objectivity.
                        Note that Russian investigators are being given access to interview whoever they want in the UK though with some security measures if the UK police assess a risk to the witnesses, some of which are apparently not well thought of in Russia

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Dave T View Post
                          What has happened to Litvinenko's FSB colleagues who joined him at the press conference to expose the illegal acts of their organisation - mainly the Berezovsky assassination plans? Is there any such investigative journalism in Russia today or has the state closed any media engaged in such?
                          About those FSB colleagues - I don't know.

                          About journalist investigations - what do you mean: investigations commonly or about that case?

                          There are a lot of journalist investigations, nobody prevents them.

                          About that case - a month ago Russian TV showed the documentary about all the aspects of Litvinenko's life including interviews with his colleagues in FSB. I didn't see it.

                          If British TV wants to know the Russian opinion it should invite Russian experts - FSB people, operating Russian reporters (non-anti-Putin's exiled public) and so on. You can ask this in your TV as a British citizen.

                          All this story remind to me the story of Horst Vessel. Horst Vessel was a German SA-member, a bandit who was killed in a drunken scuffle. The Nazies idealized him and wrote "Song about Horst Vessel" which became a hymn of the Nazies. The bandit was shown a hero by Hoeebels propaganda.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Andrey View Post
                            About those FSB colleagues - I don't know.

                            About journalist investigations - what do you mean: investigations commonly or about that case?

                            There are a lot of journalist investigations, nobody prevents them.

                            About that case - a month ago Russian TV showed the documentary about all the aspects of Litvinenko's life including interviews with his colleagues in FSB. I didn't see it.

                            If British TV wants to know the Russian opinion it should invite Russian experts - FSB people, operating Russian reporters (non-anti-Putin's exiled public) and so on. You can ask this in your TV as a British citizen.

                            All this story remind to me the story of Horst Vessel. Horst Vessel was a German SA-member, a bandit who was killed in a drunken scuffle. The Nazies idealized him and wrote "Song about Horst Vessel" which became a hymn of the Nazies. The bandit was shown a hero by Hoeebels propaganda.
                            I was thinking of the specific case but the question is general. The reports here are that there is no longer a free press in Russia; that journalists investigating alleged misdeeds of Government are suppressed,and their media hindered.
                            I would like to see more Russian viewpoints reflected on UK TV but I suspect I am in a minute minority
                            There was a token Kremlin spokesman in one of the programs. I cannot remember his name. He didn't create a good impression, appearing to be shifty and dismissive. Perhaps he was just reflecting Russian public opinion about Litvinenko's fantastic claims...
                            I don't see the parralel between Litvinenko and Horst Wessell. Apart from his film-maker friend's tribute, no one is idolising Lirtvinenko here.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Dave T View Post
                              ... The reports here are that there is no longer a free press in Russia...
                              ... as if there was one before.
                              in fact, russia is just like the rest of the world - not much of the free press and never will be.
                              and why on earth do we need a "free press"?
                              for lousy journalists not to lose their lousy jobs?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by stalin View Post
                                ... as if there was one before.
                                in fact, russia is just like the rest of the world - not much of the free press and never will be.
                                and why on earth do we need a "free press"?
                                for lousy journalists not to lose their lousy jobs?
                                Maybe you are right, but people still should speak their minds. Problem is most of the press either serves the state, or the lowest common denominator in the masses (ie. what we call in polite English "poo").

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X