Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(OT) Who's Killing Russia's News Reporters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amvas, of course it is possible that the assassins intended for this poison to be found. The use of such a bizarre and sophisticated poison is sure to strike fear into the hearts of the Russian emigre community in London. You are of course entitled to your opinion, but in my view there are two possibilities.

1. (more likely) The killer was FSB with or without direct authorisation from Putin, with the intent to punish a an FSB defector, silence a critic who was in the process of investigating Politovskaya murder, strike fear into the heart of anybody thinking to defect or criticize the Russian regime.

2. (less likely but possible) The killing is about some business/mafiya dispute of which we don't yet know about.

Comment

Originally posted by pp(est) View Post
      amvas, of course it is possible that the assassins intended for this poison to be found. The use of such a bizarre and sophisticated poison is sure to strike fear into the hearts of the Russian emigre community in London. You are of course entitled to your opinion, but in my view there are two possibilities.
      I don't think it was done to fear anybody. I think it was done to make a show from poisioning...
      If it was one shot, or a single blow it would be a subject of talks for about a few days, of a week.
      But using such an exotic way gave chance to PR this murder for quite a long time...
      So, reasonable question appears - who is interested in long-play scandal?

1. (more likely) The killer was FSB with or without direct authorisation from Putin, with the intent to punish a an FSB defector, silence a critic who was in the process of investigating Politovskaya murder, strike fear into the heart of anybody thinking to defect or criticize the Russian regime.
      Benefits for FSB still not obvious.
      In Londor the same Berezovsky, Zakaev, Gordievsky, Rezun lives, who made much more harm, than Litvinenko.
      If FSB decided to use the most radical ways it would be more logical to start just from that figures, but not from the small puppet....

As for the murder of Politkovskaya I also disagree with you.
      You couldn't find worse moment for power to kill a journalsit (or traitor).
      You need to be extremely stupid doing this just before important international meetings....
      That's why both cases are too suspicios and I can't believe our power can miss such a "small detail" if we suppose it might be responsible for those cases

2. (less likely but possible) The killing is about some business/mafiya dispute of which we don't yet know about.
      I think both murders is a sor of anti-Putin's black PR.
      Probably they even can be not connected.
      Politkovskaya promoted publication of one adult clip maiden with mobile phone. So, she could make blood enemies among heroes of that clip....

Regards,
      Alex
      If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

amvas, what important international meetings are you talking about? I know no exceedingly important meetings going on. If you think the Russian negotiations with EU or the WTO accession are these important meetings then the world is by far more interested in Russian trade regulation - more particularly the artificial delays at borders, the import boycott for Polish meat, the fish debacle, the embargo of Georgia, the threatened boycott of all EU foodstuffs. EU leaders are way more worried about the gas pipeline situation last year in Ukraine than they are about Russia killing off its journalists and spies, for all most EU leaders care Putin can arrange a public beheading in the Red Square of all the remaining Russian opposition politicians and all what would happen in Europe would be a few angry editorials .

Comment

...1. (more likely) The killer was FSB with or without direct authorisation from Putin, with the intent to punish a an FSB defector, silence a critic who was in the process of investigating Politovskaya murder, strike fear into the heart of anybody thinking to defect or criticize the Russian regime...
          In support of this version might be given publicity results of his investigation or jast any material. I have not see in press something new about Politovskaya murder since first of November.

On me it logically if soon the world will know about one more murder in this series. It is good time to blame for it Putin, FSB and Russia in general.

Comment

Latest reports are of traces of polonium 210 at one of Berezovsky's offices in London....
            Don't say "I told you so" just yet though Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Dave T View Post
              Latest reports are of traces of polonium 210 at one of Berezovsky's offices in London....
              Don't say "I told you so" just yet though Alex
              Yes, I heard about this... THis was predictable...
              Now two variants can occur:

i) Finding out it was Berezovsky, who had ordered murder of his puppet

ii) Loud declarations of Berezovsky, that the poisoning was directed against him and Litvinenko only "drunk that coffee, which had been prepared for Berezovsky himself"...

Life is becoming more and more interesting....

Comment

amvas, what important international meetings are you talking about? I know no exceedingly important meetings going on. If you think the Russian negotiations with EU or the WTO accession are these important meetings then the world is by far more interested in Russian trade regulation - more particularly the artificial delays at borders, the import boycott for Polish meat, the fish debacle, the embargo of Georgia, the threatened boycott of all EU foodstuffs. EU leaders are way more worried about the gas pipeline situation last year in Ukraine than they are about Russia killing off its journalists and spies, for all most EU leaders care Putin can arrange a public beheading in the Red Square of all the remaining Russian opposition politicians and all what would happen in Europe would be a few angry editorials .
                Any meeting of such a scale is an important event.

Comment

Dave, Litvinenko has been known to visit Berezovskis office regularly - so no surprise that there were traces there just like there was in other places he was known to have been.

Guardian reports that traces of the stuff was found in BA aircraft flying between London and Moscow. Amvas - apparently people could board planes with this stuff without it triggering any alarms. Based on this info I am pretty confident, that the assassin whomever hired him has fled to Moscow and will never be found. Maybe some future defector will tell us what really happened.

Now Gaidar too has apparently been hospitalised. Is this some grand purge we're witnessing?

Comment

Dave, Litvinenko has been known to visit Berezovskis office regularly - so no surprise that there were traces there just like there was in other places he was known to have been.

Guardian reports that traces of the stuff was found in BA aircraft flying between London and Moscow. Amvas - apparently people could board planes with this stuff without it triggering any alarms. Based on this info I am pretty confident, that the assassin whomever hired him has fled to Moscow and will never be found. Maybe some future defector will tell us what really happened.
                    As the traces of Polonium were found in Berezovsky's office with the same probability (or even larger) we can claim Berezovsky personally to poison his agent
                    Also we can assume governments of each country that 3 poisoned planes(!) had visited for killing Litvinenko

Now Gaidar too has apparently been hospitalised. Is this some grand purge we're witnessing?
                    Rather dark story, but still no evidences he was poisoned by somebody, but not ate some bad food without malicious intents
                    Last edited by amvas; 30 Nov 06, 00:10.

Comment

One of the newest versions is that Litvinenko has ampoule of Polonium with him while travvelling across London.
                      It's very hard to find so many traces of Polonium, where Litvinenko was, if poison was only inside him.
                      Exists version that he was involved in contraband operations with this radioactive element.

If we remember that Chechen terrorists loudly declared once them to obtain small nuke bomb (and Litvinenko was among friends of terrorist Zakaev) this version also has chances to be true (I'm not discussing probability, just increasing the amount of versions)
                      (Polonium can be a part of such bomb)

In any cases all traces leads to Berezovsky...
                      In what kind? We'll see...
                      To my mind, he plays a role of scenario designer in this show....

regards,
                      Alex
                      Last edited by amvas; 30 Nov 06, 08:56.

Comment

Originally posted by amvas View Post
                        One of the newest versions is that Litvinenko has ampoule of Polonium with him while travvelling across London.
                        It's very hard to find so many traces of Polonium, where Litvinenko was, if poison was only inside him.
                        Alex
                        According to the head of the British Health Protection Agency, trace quantities of Polonium 210 (and it seems that at this stage we are only talking about trace quantities) could have been exuded in Litvinenko's perspiration.
                        "Freedom of thought is the only guarantee against infection of peoples by the mass myths, which, in the hands of treacherous hypocrites and demagogues, can be transformed into bloody dictatorships."
                        Hero of the Soviet Union, Andrei Sakharov 1968

Comment

Whoa. This has suddenly exploded all over the news here in the States, especially since this latest:

Radiation found at 12 sites linked to spy probe

Here's a related piece about POLONIUM FOR SALE.
                          Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

I understand Litvinenko could have left traces of the substance at any location he visited after ingesting it - through sweat or other bodily excretions. 12 locations are known to have such traces at present. There are also traces in 4 BA planes that flew to and from Moscow - including those flights carrying Lugovoi etc.
                            Watching the Gaider case with interest. Story was slow to make the main news in UK. Symptons perhaps indicating radiation involvement?
                            PP (est) may be correct. We may have to wait for Security Service Operative to defect or be bought by an exiled oligarch to get the story.
                            Let's see what tomorrow's revelation is?

Comment

A few days ago there was a show of Rusian KVN (don't mix with KGB). KVN is a festival of Students Humour Theaters.

Suddenly Alexander Maslyuakov, the famous chief of the festival, went to the public. He wentr together with.... Vladimir Putin. Putin came to be a spectator of the show. The public (mainly, students youth) give to Putin a large standing ovation.

Here how the Russians regard to Putin.
                              Last edited by Andrey; 02 Dec 06, 02:12.

Comment

Both Stalin and Hitler enjoyed huge popularity too. Still both were murderers. So, what's your point?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X