Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(OT) Who's Killing Russia's News Reporters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am in Salekhard (a town in the Polar Circle) now. I live in a hotel in one room with a man who is a former member of Soviet/Russian Group "Vympel" ("Banner"). It is a very famous group (like "Alfa"), for example, it took part in Beslan Operation in 2002.

He said me that he knew Litvinenko. If to use a polite version of his words about Litvinenko, Litvinenko was a very bad guy.... The same about Berezovskii...

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrey View Post
      I am in Salekhard (a town in the Polar Circle) now. I live in a hotel in one room with a man who is a former member of Soviet/Russian Group "Vympel" ("Banner"). It is a very famous group (like "Alfa"), for example, it took part in Beslan Operation in 2002.

He said me that he knew Litvinenko. If to use a polite version of his words about Litvinenko, Litvinenko was a very bad guy.... The same about Berezovskii...
      He was in the KGB, of course he was a bad guy. That does not mean what he says is always a lie.

Comment

• Originally posted by pawelj View Post
        He was in the KGB, of course he was a bad guy. That does not mean what he says is always a lie.
        Been in KGB, or FSB doesn't mean to be a bad guy...
        It's the same if we call person from UK MI-6, or American CIA initially to be "bad"...

So, lets stay in the subject and not to put labels to the staff of Intelligence whatever country they belong to...
        If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

• Originally posted by pawelj View Post
          Hmmm... As I know Litvinenko never served in KGB. There are a few Secret Services in Russia. To the point, my roommate served in "Vympel" which like "Alfa" was a special group of KGB (later - FSB). It was like US "Delta" group. Do you really think a former member of "Vympel" (a member of KGB) could call anyone a bad guy ("mraz'", I don't know the English equivalent, Amvas, can you help?) only if that guy served in a Russian security service???

I am ABSOLUTELY sure he meant Litvinenko is mraz (very bad guy) as a person. It is very funny to explain it for you. No one Russian will call another one mraz only on the basis of the structure where those second guy work or serve...

Comment

• Originally posted by amvas View Post
            Been in KGB, or FSB doesn't mean to be a bad guy...
            It's the same if we call person from UK MI-6, or American CIA initially to be "bad"...

So, lets stay in the subject and not to put labels to the staff of Intelligence whatever country they belong to...
            Well, the CIA is "bad", you'll have to take my word for it.

Comment

• Just curious

Originally posted by Andrey View Post
              I am in Salekhard (a town in the Polar Circle) now. I live in a hotel in one room with a man who is a former member of Soviet/Russian Group "Vympel" ("Banner"). It is a very famous group (like "Alfa"), for example, it took part in Beslan Operation in 2002.

Why in the world would a semmingly intelligent person like yourself choose to live in such a place???????

Comment

• Originally posted by Barbarossa View Post
                Why in the world would a semmingly intelligent person like yourself choose to live in such a place???????
                About whom are you speaking?

The answer is the same for both of us - job, we were in business trip.

Now we both are at home.

Comment

CIA is not "bad"

Comment

Working in Intelligence often means to do dirty work whatever country it belongs to...
                    The difference is in the methods of work...
                    I don't like tocompare them, jsut to mention Russian Intelligence preferred ideological ways (not rejecting all the others) and American has used mostly financial ways of espionage as well as wide usage of Hi-Tech resources...

Comment

• The United Kingdom's Director of Public Prosecutions has stated 22 May; "I have today concluded that the evidence sent to us by the police is sufficient to charge Andrei Lugovoi with the murder of Mr Litvinenko by deliberate poisoning. I have further concluded that a prosecution of this case would clearly be in the public interest. In those circumstances, I have instructed CPS [Crown Prosecution Service] lawyers to take immediate steps to seek the early extradition of Andrei Lugovoi from Russia to the United Kingdom, so that he may be charged with murder - and be brought swiftly before a court in London to be prosecuted for this extraordinarily grave crime."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6678887.stm
                      "Freedom of thought is the only guarantee against infection of peoples by the mass myths, which, in the hands of treacherous hypocrites and demagogues, can be transformed into bloody dictatorships."
                      Hero of the Soviet Union, Andrei Sakharov 1968

Comment

• Originally posted by Slim Fan View Post
                        The United Kingdom's Director of Public Prosecutions has stated 22 May; "I have today concluded that the evidence sent to us by the police is sufficient to charge Andrei Lugovoi with the murder of Mr Litvinenko by deliberate poisoning. ...
                        Still no evidences of his fault provided to community...

Also as russians say "A stick has two ends"...
                        From that "another end" Lugovoy served in structures of Berezovskiy's body-guard. So, lets wait for his revelations, he promised to supply us...

Comment

• Originally posted by amvas View Post
                          Still no evidences of his fault provided to community...

Also as russians say "A stick has two ends"...
                          From that "another end" Lugovoy served in structures of Berezovskiy's body-guard. So, lets wait for his revelations, he promised to supply us...
                          In the UK, the admissable evidence is presented in a Court of Law, challenged by the Defence, and the Jury decide if the case is proved beyond all reqasonable doubt. So the strength - or otherwise - of the case will not be put to "the community".
                          We say "there are two sides to every story". I would like to hear Lugovoy's explanations / revelations too. His threat to speak out might see him become the next casualty of whatever murky business is going on.
                          I don't see him being extradited anytime soon however. Maybe there will be a show trial in Russia

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave T View Post
                            ... I would like to hear Lugovoy's explanations / revelations too. His threat to speak out might see him become the next casualty of whatever murky business is going on...
                            lugovoy ?
                            he denies everything !
                            see, english court let itself get involved in dodgy story and is about to lose face.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave T View Post
                              In the UK, the admissable evidence is presented in a Court of Law, challenged by the Defence, and the Jury decide if the case is proved beyond all reqasonable doubt. So the strength - or otherwise - of the case will not be put to "the community".
                              We say "there are two sides to every story". I would like to hear Lugovoy's explanations / revelations too. His threat to speak out might see him become the next casualty of whatever murky business is going on.
                              I don't see him being extradited anytime soon however. Maybe there will be a show trial in Russia
                              Presumption of innocence is used in Russia.

Lugovoy is amazed by the British requests. He said that he was interrogated for an half of an hour and a half of year later he knew he is the main suspect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrey View Post
                                Presumption of innocence is used in Russia.

Lugovoy is amazed by the British requests. He said that he was interrogated for an half of an hour and a half of year later he knew he is the main suspect.

That sounds pretty normal.
                                What's the problem ??
                                Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X