Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(OT) Who's Killing Russia's News Reporters?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • (OT) Who's Killing Russia's News Reporters?

    Off Topic Post!

    Maybe our Russian brothers can shed some light on this for us? What's going on over there?


    Acclaimed Reporter Killed in Russia

    Russia Tass news agency says business chief murdered
    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

  • #2
    Very interesting question, but nothing good will come from this thread I'm afraid.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Jim H. Moreno View Post
      Off Topic Post!

      Maybe our Russian brothers can shed some light on this for us? What's going on over there?


      Acclaimed Reporter Killed in Russia

      Russia Tass news agency says business chief murdered
      I'll show just my opinion. It's not for discussion, because I'm not going to change it.

      Of course, I'm strongly against any murders. It's not a way of resolving problems.

      In given case I strongly disliked that woman-jornalist, because I couldn't agree with her arguments, when I could heard them.
      I have to say Politkovskaya was not very famous here. Just because her position, which was not supported by anybody I could heard among my friends.
      I can remember one detail in her article. She insisted that after capturing of Sernovodsk in Chechnia all their women inhabitants were raped. When another journalist visited this town and asked what local inhabitants think about this they said that her lie disgraced everybody there and if she arrives again, she'll be killed.
      To my opinion in many cases (I will not insist that 100% of her materials were lie) she spoke about what western public would like to hear, but not about the truth.

      Death of such a person never can be considered to be of avail for our officials, jsut because of her benn in strong opposition. In the case of murder power immediately gets hysterics from its critics.
      I have version, that killers are hiding among her friends.
      Russian liberal opposition besides other sources is supported by cirminal money of oligarkhs. And who knows, in what degree it can play role here.
      Taking into account very hot and complex relations between different sorts of so called "liberals" we can't exclude such a variant. I can remember a case of another murder a few years ago. Very famous "liberal" politics Yushenkov was killed. Again there was large hysteria around this. Situation was very similar. Finally it appeared he was killed because another member of that party wanted to take his position....
      Liberals created bandit capitalism in Russia, so they are the first to suffer from own mistakes..

      regards,
      Alex
      --
      P.S. When Stalin died, my grandpa said (in adapted to Englishmen variant): "Died and so be it". In this case I can say the same....
      Last edited by amvas; 16 Oct 06, 11:28.
      If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

      Comment


      • #4
        I looked in past what she wrote.

        Practically nobody in Russia reads her writings.

        She is from a small group of crazy ultra-liberals (with Novodvorskaia as leader) who believe that their mission is to fight against the state.

        They do not understand that they are betraying their country.

        They continued to support the Chechen terrorists even when they invaded Russia and made some terrorist acts. They spoke that those terrorist acts were made by Russian secret services to begin new war in the Caucasus.

        There is a large opinion here that they are cooperating with foreign forces who want to weaken Russia. They get foreign money and write what the Western public wants to read.

        Now "the Liberals" have the image of US puppets. People don't believe to them.

        In one talk-show Novodvorskaya spoke that she will never cooperate with "GeBiio" (GeBiio is the scornful nickname of secret services). Her opponent asked her what if she know about a soon terrorist act. She answered that she will not inform the GeBiio about it in any case. It shows enough their political views. They are crazy.

        All it for the Western public only.

        In Russia their political influence is practically equals to ZERO. Nobody listen them, nobody believes to them. The Rules HAVE NO REASONS to kill them.

        Read what Putin said about this when hewas in Germany a couple days ago. He said so great that it is impossible to say better.

        Comment


        • #5
          As to the couple of the murders of a few bank managers... in the 90th were listen PRACTICALLY EVERY DAY that such giys were killed. The West didn't protest, all was considered OK.

          To the point, Khodorkovskii was judged for the organization of a few murders of his business "colleagues". The West supposes he is a victim of "Putin's war against freedom in Russia".

          Comment


          • #6
            In conclusion, all is OK in Russia. Relax. Nothing bad is going on. It is only one more hysteryc in Western mass media

            Comment


            • #7
              Well, I'm glad then. Frankly I couldn't give a s*** about a corrupt politician or a crooked banker. Heck here in Geneva last year a very powerful private banker and friend of the French politician named Stern was found dead. His mistress was arrested (the guy was supposedly found in umm a rubber suit and had been doing some unconventional sexual practices) and there were questions about the real motives and a book coming out. Well that is as much as I know and as much as I want to know.

              I feel a bit different about journalists, no matter how stupid they have a right to say what they want. If she did say she would not tell the authorities about a terrorist attack then they ought to go to jail. I have read here and on other forums how many Americans dislike or hate ABC or CNN (and people on the left hate Fox news) One person suggested the BBC should be considered a terrorist organisation. So these attitudes are not unique to Russia. If it is also true no one listened to here then of course no reason to kill her. I suggest though the Russian government pay attention to how US "spin doctors" operate then no one would even think Russia could do anything wrong just like the US tries to convince people.

              Comment


              • #8
                I agree with Andrey's opinion.

                I always wonder, why our "ultra-democrats/liberals"
                i) consider only themselves to be democrats in the whole country
                ii) fight against the state forgetting that only strong state can protect human rights. When Russian state was weak (not only in 1990s, but much earlier, in 1917, for example) we couldn't speak about any real rights.
                If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

                Comment


                • #9
                  Oh poor Mr. Voronin. There would be a lot of troubles for President Putin.

                  It can't be OK now, Andrey...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DANNGOC View Post
                    Oh poor Mr. Voronin. There would be a lot of troubles for President Putin.

                    It can't be OK now, Andrey...
                    Who is Voronin???

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Andrey View Post
                      Who is Voronin???
                      Oh my carelessness, sorry...

                      Anatoly Voronin, Business Chief of Russian News Agency Itar-Tass Found Dead.

                      http://www.mosnews.com/news/2006/10/...efkilled.shtml
                      Last edited by DANNGOC; 17 Oct 06, 19:32.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DANNGOC View Post
                        Oh my carelessness, sorry...

                        Anatoly Voronin, Business Chief of Russian News Agency Itar-Tass Found Dead.

                        http://www.mosnews.com/news/2006/10/...efkilled.shtml
                        So what? Why will Putin get troubles?

                        Why it is not OK in the country now?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          You can't say its OK when there are too many murders!

                          And:

                          http://lenta.ru/news/2006/10/17/notguilty/
                          Присяжные оправдали пятерых обвиняемых в убийстве вьетнамского студента
                          Các quan ṭa đă tha bổng 5 bị cáo trong vụ sát hại sinh viên Việt Nam

                          Коллегия присяжных городского суда Санкт-Петербурга вынесла оправдательный приговор пятерым подозреваемым, обвинявшимся в убийстве вьетнамского студента Ву Ань Туана, сообщает агентство РИА Новости.
                          Кроме того, присяжные оправдали еще троих подсудимых, которым гособвинение инкриминировало нападение на проживающих в Петербурге иностранцев.
                          Вместе с тем, согласно вынесенному присяжными вердикту, десять из 17-ти человек, проходящих по делу об убийстве Ву Ань Туана, признаны виновными в разбойном нападении, разжигании национальной розни и побоях. Присяжные также признали, что национальный мотив присутствовал в нападении обвиняемых на палестинского студента Гидрометеорологического института и студента-филолога из Китая.
                          Двадцатилетний студент первого курса Санкт-Петербургского политехнического университета Ву Ань Туан был убит - предположительно бандой скинхедов - 13 октября 2004 года на улице Льва Толстого в Петроградском районе города. Но его теле насчитали 37 ножевых ран.
                          Правоохранительным органам Петербурга удалось задержать некоторых участников нападения. Один из них во время предварительного следствия дал признательные показания, на основании которых были арестованы другие члены банды. Однако позже задержанный от своих показаний отказался.
                          Между тем, по данным следствия, арестованные скинхеды были причастны не только к убийству Ву Ань Туана, но также к ряду других преступлений, в том числе к убийству таджикской девочки Хуршеды Султоновой, сенегальского студента Лампсара Самбы и ученого-правозащитника Николая Гиренко.
                          Напомним, что в отношении семи из восьми обвиняемых в убийстве Хуршеды Султоновой присяжные также вынесли оправдательный приговор, а восьмого обвиняемого признали виновным в грабеже.

                          http://www.vz.ru/society/2006/10/17/53246.html

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by DANNGOC View Post
                            You can't say its OK when there are too many murders!

                            And:

                            http://lenta.ru/news/2006/10/17/notguilty/
                            Присяжные оправдали пятерых обвиняемых в убийстве вьетнамского студента
                            Các quan ṭa đă tha bổng 5 bị cáo trong vụ sát hại sinh viên Việt Nam

                            Коллегия присяжных городского суда Санкт-Петербурга вынесла оправдательный приговор пятерым подозреваемым, обвинявшимся в убийстве вьетнамского студента Ву Ань Туана, сообщает агентство РИА Новости.
                            Кроме того, присяжные оправдали еще троих подсудимых, которым гособвинение инкриминировало нападение на проживающих в Петербурге иностранцев.
                            Вместе с тем, согласно вынесенному присяжными вердикту, десять из 17-ти человек, проходящих по делу об убийстве Ву Ань Туана, признаны виновными в разбойном нападении, разжигании национальной розни и побоях. Присяжные также признали, что национальный мотив присутствовал в нападении обвиняемых на палестинского студента Гидрометеорологического института и студента-филолога из Китая.
                            Двадцатилетний студент первого курса Санкт-Петербургского политехнического университета Ву Ань Туан был убит - предположительно бандой скинхедов - 13 октября 2004 года на улице Льва Толстого в Петроградском районе города. Но его теле насчитали 37 ножевых ран.
                            Правоохранительным органам Петербурга удалось задержать некоторых участников нападения. Один из них во время предварительного следствия дал признательные показания, на основании которых были арестованы другие члены банды. Однако позже задержанный от своих показаний отказался.
                            Между тем, по данным следствия, арестованные скинхеды были причастны не только к убийству Ву Ань Туана, но также к ряду других преступлений, в том числе к убийству таджикской девочки Хуршеды Султоновой, сенегальского студента Лампсара Самбы и ученого-правозащитника Николая Гиренко.
                            Напомним, что в отношении семи из восьми обвиняемых в убийстве Хуршеды Султоновой присяжные также вынесли оправдательный приговор, а восьмого обвиняемого признали виновным в грабеже.

                            http://www.vz.ru/society/2006/10/17/53246.html
                            You mix different cases.

                            And beleive me, in the 90th the amount of murders was MUCH more.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by joea View Post
                              ... I feel a bit different about journalists, no matter how stupid they have a right to say what they want. If she did say she would not tell the authorities about a terrorist attack then they ought to go to jail. I have read here and on other forums how many Americans dislike or hate ABC or CNN (and people on the left hate Fox news) One person suggested the BBC should be considered a terrorist organisation. So these attitudes are not unique to Russia. If it is also true no one listened to here then of course no reason to kill her. I suggest though the Russian government pay attention to how US "spin doctors" operate then no one would even think Russia could do anything wrong just like the US tries to convince people.
                              I share your opinion of journalist murder: "no matter how stupid they have a right to say what they want".
                              But situation than "One person suggested the BBC should be considered a terrorist organization." unnaturally for Russia.
                              It is hart to contradict that Politkovskaya has close connection with Chechen rebels. If some person works with people who live with drastic law, it is no wonder that he can be murdered by his brothers in arm. Government has no law to suppress such kind of contacts and it is practically impossible and expensive to appoint small army of body guards to look after some journalist.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X