Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What word are you talking about? Army corps? Shtab?
    hi kardon, also by third army exist Artillery army command ok
    than this same word artillery command, i refound it by linked to 4th Army corps and linked to Artillery army command., "here word is artillerie command corps."
    ok thank's i go look by british.

Comment

• Originally posted by leclerc1944 View Post
      and here new question.

also left word is stab and right word is komandir artilleri armii
      and so can't one me sens of this word?

i think, that staf was comand HQ or not?
      also why give this two different word?
      because by HQ of Armii Korpus =Army corps, this same word come back, so this don't was specific on Army level, but we find it on sub level.
      Division not, here is only on Army and Army corps level.

or by ww1 the Comand HQ have only one job, and other section of Army was donate other works, so i think this are a reason of this twin sens word.

or what think you
      Know you more, or have i made false translate of meaning word?
      and yes this coming from world war I.

merci, thank's or spacibo.
      Can't get what troubles do you have with this
      Headquarter is showed separately and subunits, subordinated to that Artillery Commander of an Army - separately. That Artllery commander is showed not included in headquarter. Was it right or not, it's not in my competition...

Regards
      Alex
      If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

• What does this one say?
        “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

• Originally posted by Erkki View Post
          What does this one say?
          "If it's not enough, we'll add"
          If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

• Thanks Amvas
            “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

• hi, here i come back with another new question.
              also i have found a book title.

Лит.: История Вел. Отечеств. войны Сов. Союза 1941–1945, т. 2, М., 1963;

also now i have two question about this.
              it possible to know the name of this author (year 1963, not most lasted version of year 1970-1980, only this year 1963)
              or whas this same author?

and can't you me done if this exist, the european book title?

because if i have the name of author, i can search easy, but with only my translate title version, i don't find good awnser with google.
              so i need or Original name of author, or right european title name of book.

i have translate this as "Story of ou'r fatherland, war between 1941-1945"
              are this correct?

spasibo......

Comment

• It's "History of the Great Patriotic War of the Soviet Union 1941-1945.

There is no single author. The chairman of the editorial commission was P. N. Pospelov. That's if we're talking about the same thing - volume 2 was published in 1961.
                "If you have too firm a belief in the glories of soldiering, try a war."

Comment

• merci Kardon to information.

Comment

• в первой половине июля командующий 20-й армией
                    генерал-лейтенант Рейтер М. Л. получил лично от
                    командующего Западным фронтом устное приказание
                    подготовить к 1 августа из полосы 251-й стрелковой дивизии
                    31-й армии наступательную операцию с задачей:

про-рватъ оборону противника на реке Держа на участке
                    Погорелое Городите, Васильевское, во взаимодействии с
                    31-й армией (командующий генерал-маёр
                    Поленов В. С.) разгромить зубиово-кармановскую
                    группировку противница и выйти на рубеж рек Вазуза и Гжать
                    для -наступления с этого рубежа на Сычевку (251-я стрелковая дивизия обороняла полосу с передним краем от
                    Рождество —9 км северо-западнее Погорелое Городище — до Васильевское).
                    hi!
                    here, i try to find this town or city name on map.
                    to are sure of understanding correct this sentence, here i have read, that this town should are locate 9 Km Nord West of Pogoreloe-Gorodishe.

This is correct or have i bad understand sentence of this text?
                    because i have search on different map (google, yandex, wikimapia) all map, find a Town.city called Rozhdesvto, but this are locate not in Nord West of Pogoreloe Gorodishe, but on Nord East, and this don't are 10km Dirstance, but should are 20-30km.

or it possible that this town/city was rename after WW2?
                    the subsidiary problem is, if i enter Рождество as single word, yandex or another, make only reference of Santa Claus period because Рождество should are russian word for Santa claus period. Also find a town we have reference with this period, this is heavy.

And here the text speech about location from 251. Rifle Division on Year 1942. by Rzhev Battle.

so thanks for all information or a better comprehension of sentence about this.

spasibo,merci, or thank's!

Comment

• leclerc1944:

The town of Rozhdestvo does appear on WWII-era 1:200,000 maps about 9.5 kilometers north-west of Pogoreloe Gorodishche. It's a very small village 1 kilometer north-east of Kurkovo across the Derzha river. On a modern 1:200,000 map (at http://mapo36.narod.ru/map2/index35.html) Kurkovo is shown but not Rozhdestvo, so I guess it no longer exists.

Comment

• many thank's kardon to help and information!

Comment

• hi kardon, now so you have me done link with map.
                          i have just a speedly question.

here on map i have underline with red color.

also what can would are UR. Dobrino and UR. Byrchevo???

because i know military abreviation UR to fortification line, but here??
                          is this forest Name or Swamp area name or any other wilderness zone name?

thank's.

Comment

• ur stands for "urochishche" (урочише). My Russian-English military dictionary gives it as "natural boundary" or "isolated terrain feature," so I don't really know how it should be translated in this context. In the WW II map they're shown as small villages.
                            Last edited by Kardon; 02 Jan 10, 09:37.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kardon View Post
                              ur stands for "urochishche" (урочише). My Russian-English military dictionary gives it as "natural boundary" or "isolated terrain feature," so I don't really know how it should be translated in this context. In the WW II map they're shown as small villages.
                              Frankly, as a Russian I have little idea what урочище means. The Russian wiki entry on this terms uses such obscure terms to explain it only someone with a Ph.D. in geography would get understand it: http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A3%...B8%D1%89%D0%B5

The only reasonable passage there is this:

В широком понимании урочищем является любая часть местности, участок местности, отличные от остальных участков окружающей местности, например, это может быть лесной массив среди поля, болото, или нечто подобное[1], а также участок местности, являющийся естественной границей между чем-либо.

In the broad understanding a urochisctche is any part of a landscape, a part of a landscape which is different from the other parts of its surroundings, for example it can be a small forest in the middle of a field, a bog or something similar, and also a part of a landscape which is a natural border between different terrains.
                              www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

• Good link! Note #1 says this:

Таким образом уро́чищем иногда даже называют отдельно стоящие небольшие населенные пункты, выделяющиеся каким-то образом на окружающей их местности

In this way an urochishche is sometimes used for a small self-standing populated place which is differentiated somehow from the surrounding terrain.

Sounds like just about any village to me!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X