This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leclerc1944 View Post
    so here now, i take to identify the area or city name (should are into area calabria southern Italy).

В случае если стратегической целью противника являются Балканы, то, напрямую угрожая Калабрии, он будет готовиться к прорыву в Аггулию.

Also can't you please me done name of this area or city.
    because i have try to search on map, but in Calabria don't give a city as Agguliyu (Agg (nothing we start with letter Ag))

also thanks for help.
    leclerc...Andrey is correct. Аггулия seems to be a Russian rendering of Appulia or Apulia, the Italian province with faces southern Greece.

Two examples I found on the internet - both make it clear they are referring to Apulia.

Географические рамки исследования включают области Южной Италии: Самний, Аггулия, Кампания, Лукания, Калабрия и Бруттий

Ганнибал разбивает римлян в сражении при Каннах (Аггулия).

Comment

• many thank's guy to have resolve problem!!!

Comment

• ok guy!

now i have another understand text.
        Эти невыгоды с точки зрения естественной защиты северо-восточной границы усугубляются и благодаря своим выступающим вперед очертаниям. Неприятель, наносящий удар одновременно во Фландрии, в Арденнах, Лотарингии, Эльзасе и в Бургундских воротах, наносит нам удары концентрические. В случае победы его в одном из этих пунктов рушится вся система французской обороны. Первые же шаги приводят его к Сене, Марне, Уазеили на Об и Эн, а там остается только следовать и дальше этими путями, чтобы ударить в самое сердце Франции, в ту точку, где сходятся все перечисленные пути, т. е. Париж.
        also the don't understand word is in bold character!
        Because here i bad understand, if here this speak about the Marne area (river in france), or if text explain "if ennemy pass on (Uazeili)area.... than he it easy to reach Centre of france (Paris).

also than'ks for help.

Comment

ok guy!

now i have another understand text.

Quote:
          Эти невыгоды с точки зрения естественной защиты северо-восточной границы усугубляются и благодаря своим выступающим вперед очертаниям. Неприятель, наносящий удар одновременно во Фландрии, в Арденнах, Лотарингии, Эльзасе и в Бургундских воротах, наносит нам удары концентрические. В случае победы его в одном из этих пунктов рушится вся система французской обороны. Первые же шаги приводят его к Сене, Марне, Уазеили на Об и Эн, а там остается только следовать и дальше этими путями, чтобы ударить в самое сердце Франции, в ту точку, где сходятся все перечисленные пути, т. е. Париж.

also the don't understand word is in bold character!
          Because here i bad understand, if here this speak about the Marne area (river in france), or if text explain "if ennemy pass on (Uazeili)area.... than he it easy to reach Centre of france (Paris).

also than'ks for help.
          Уазеили на Об и Эн = sounds like, "Oisilly to Aube and Aisne," in my opinion.

Comment

This is a hard one! Here is a free translation.

"These disadvantages are heightened by the shape of the northeastern border, which forms a salient that is vulnerable to simultaneous concentric enemy attacks in Flanders, the Ardennes, Lotharingia, Alsace, and the Burgundy heights. Success in any of these places would unhinge the entire French defense system and lead, in turn, to attacks at Sennes, Marne, Oisilly, Aube, and Aisne, and from there to the very heart of France where all of these routes intersect, i. e. Paris."
            "If you have too firm a belief in the glories of soldiering, try a war."

Comment

• merciiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Comment

• and now only for information, don't was "Oisilly" but "Oise"
                "Oise is a department in the north of France named after the Oise River."

but i only say 1000 thank's.

Comment

• Priviet.

I'm looking for information, about the pronunciation of some words.

What is the diferent between "strelkovy" and "strelkovaya". Strelkovy is the generic word and "strelkovaya" is the conjugated word?.

Another one, the "morskaya pekhota" and the "Morskoi Pekhoty" are the same?. Or one is the conjugated word and the another is the generic word for infantry naval ?.

Abran fuego!.
                  "Cada bala puede cambiar el destino".

Comment

• Originally posted by sentry thalako View Post
                    Priviet.

What is the diferent between "strelkovy" and "strelkovaya". Strelkovy is the generic word and "strelkovaya" is the conjugated word?.

Another one, the "morskaya pekhota" and the "Morskoi Pekhoty" are the same?. Or one is the conjugated word and the another is the generic word for infantry naval ?.

Abran fuego!.
                    Hello Thalako,

You are referring to differences in grammatical use of nouns and adjectives.

морская пехота is in the nominative case, as the subject of a sentence. This, however, changes according to its grammatical use in a sentence. Thus:
                    in the accusative case - морскую пехоту
                    in the dative case - морской пехоте
                    in the instrumental case - c морской пехотой
                    in the genitive case - морской пехоты
                    in the locative case - в морской пехоте

Comment

• Originally posted by sentry thalako View Post
                      Priviet.

"Strlkovyi" is masculine gender (platoon, batalion, regiment, corps)
                      and
                      "Strelkovaya" is feminine gender (company, division, brigade)

Regards
                      Alex
                      If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

• hi.

so here i have new problem with russian abbreviation.
                        сах. фабр.
                        Фабр. Париж
                        Фло-Ферме

also this are a old wwI Maps representation, from Area of battle Cambrai 1917 (Kambre in Russian)

to word Sax.Fabr. i find it 3x on this map, so this don't are a area name.
                        and third word Fabr. this don't would mean Bridge, because i find this word Fabr. on other area, but this third area don't are on river, so this third, are are locate near on road crossing, and here i find this same word near two bridge.

Parizh can this could mean Paris in english language?

to word Ferme, can this mean a "farm" also a farm speciality? also Flo to flower or floral???

thans'k for help

Comment

hi.

so here i have new problem with russian abbreviation.
                          сах. фабр.
                          Фабр. Париж
                          Фло-Ферме

also this are a old wwI Maps representation, from Area of battle Cambrai 1917 (Kambre in Russian)

to word Sax.Fabr. i find it 3x on this map, so this don't are a area name.
                          and third word Fabr. this don't would mean Bridge, because i find this word Fabr. on other area, but this third area don't are on river, so this third, are are locate near on road crossing, and here i find this same word near two bridge.
                          сах. = Sugar
                          Фабр. = Factory

Parizh can this could mean Paris in english language?
                          Yes.
                          I guess this can be name of factory

to word Ferme, can this mean a "farm" also a farm speciality? also Flo to flower or floral???

thans'k for help
                          In this case "Flo-Ferme" seems to be a name of settlement. It could origin from french

regards
                          Alex
                          If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

• merci alex to have speedly answer!

Comment

• and here new question.
                              ]

also left word is stab and right word is komandir artilleri armii
                              and so can't one me sens of this word?

i think, that staf was comand HQ or not?
                              also why give this two different word?
                              because by HQ of Armii Korpus =Army corps, this same word come back, so this don't was specific on Army level, but we find it on sub level.
                              Division not, here is only on Army and Army corps level.

or by ww1 the Comand HQ have only one job, and other section of Army was donate other works, so i think this are a reason of this twin sens word.

or what think you
                              Know you more, or have i made false translate of meaning word?
                              and yes this coming from world war I.

merci, thank's or spacibo.

Comment

also left word is stab and right word is komandir artilleri armii
                                and so can't one me sens of this word?

i think, that staf was comand HQ or not?
                                also why give this two different word?
                                because by HQ of Armii Korpus =Army corps, this same word come back, so this don't was specific on Army level, but we find it on sub level.
                                Division not, here is only on Army and Army corps level.

or by ww1 the Comand HQ have only one job, and other section of Army was donate other works, so i think this are a reason of this twin sens word.

It's two different things, box for the staff (shtab) and the army artillery commander. They are separate, at least in this chart. You'd have to look up British military organization to answer why that is, assuming the chart is correct.

What word are you talking about? Army corps? Shtab?
                                "If you have too firm a belief in the glories of soldiering, try a war."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X