Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are doing really great job. I always appreciate people do such things.

You may know ACG has some forums about OOBs and other researches - perhaps it may help somehow.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Rambow; 04 Sep 08, 00:29.

Comment

To find russian history OOB, or more details about battle, i look several time by russian information site.
      Soldat,lenbat or rkka web site, it was link from Amvas by she map and history section source.
      and i make several time comparison with google search engine, history or another thing.

The main reason of my purpose works, was, each time into game, each time was spoke or create game with center attack, but each time was forgot kovo, LVO or many other area wo was battle.

it just to count, amount of map or game we exist about kursk area, so was forgot, that before starting kursk main battle, it exist secondary battle area, we have done all identically many interest fighting battle to study.
      so people know just Stalingrad, moscow or kursk area into russian country.

So here, on map, it done a first detail, that nothing so as propaganda have explain, that by russian attack, german army advance into many area to 100km, no this was false, here is to see, that to Zapovo area "Brest", german have should use 4 division to breaking Brest fort along a full month, or to advance to kiev, it have use many weeks before kiev area troops surrender.

comparison to Blitzkrieg time (battle of west area, Netherlands 5 days, France 6 weeks), here german don't have advance into 6 weeks same distance, or any other thing, but have should fight for each meter or each road or railway line.

Comment

but now rambow, i have problem, because on area of жешув (zheshuv)
        also pol. area. i find a Army corps and a infantry division, by german we don't was assign.

34. A.K (XXXIV A.K.)
        125. I.D.

Also i have completly look, all german army corps, (simple army corps not mechnised or motorised).

6. Army have 4 Army. corps (on map is write all 4 army corps)
        and 17. Army, have 3 army corps.
        so all is complete into frontline.

but into this Zhesuv Area is write a ????? army corps.
        100. light infantry division, and 4. mountain Division is ok.

but nothing this two other unit.

can't are possible that 17. army have 4 army corps by this date?
        Last edited by leclerc1944; 04 Sep 08, 20:30.

Comment

There is a mark on the map "Рез. ОК". It means "OKH reserves". Quick look to Orbat shows 34 AK, 125 Div and 4 Mount. Div as "OKH East Front Reserves behind Heeresgruppe SUD". Seems strange if your recourses did not have that information.

Comment

ah ben voilą!!!!!!!!!
            tsssssss, this coming because i don't have make attention on this little word.

and sure, this OKH reserve i, dont have as information!
            thank's

and by my source, it give just information from year 1943.

Comment

and now look here,

i think i have identify bad character, so don't is possible that would are airborne corps as abbreviation.
              what think you?

Comment

I suppose you are right - that is Air Borne Corps. However, in the second case the number is "1", not "7", because there were only 5 Air Borne Corps at all at that time - one for each of western districts.

Comment

yes because this number 7 have me affair, so is ok with 1 airborne corps!

Comment

Two Names

Hopefully a rather simple translation. Can anyone tell me what these names are? Thanks!
                    Attached Files
                    Dives sum, si non reddo eis quibus debeo.
                    I am a rich man as long as I don't pay my creditors.
                    Titus Maccius Plautus (c. 254-184 BCE), "Curculio"

Comment

1 is Kosinskii, Ivan Lukich
                      2 is Trofimov, Ivan Ivanovich
                      "If you have too firm a belief in the glories of soldiering, try a war."

Comment

Cheers Kardon! Thank you very much!
                        Dives sum, si non reddo eis quibus debeo.
                        I am a rich man as long as I don't pay my creditors.
                        Titus Maccius Plautus (c. 254-184 BCE), "Curculio"

Comment

hi, now i been on read a document about kiev battle.
                          but here i don't be sure that on right translation meaning sens.

so into text, it done this abbreviation.

37-го!

here tittle of full text.
                          Боевое распоряжение
                          штаба 6-й армии
                          № 0081
                          командиру
                          37-го стрелкового корпуса
                          о сохранении переправ
                          через р. Ятрань
                          (2 августа 1941 г.)
                          so i would know if this abbreviation would mean 37th gaubichnaja otdel'nyj
                          Also as translated 37th Separate Howitzer from 37th Rifle corps?

And what should are as unit level? Regiment level or little level so as Battalion, or more little level from corps?

or have this a full another signification?

here is link of full web page.
                          http://www.ww2doc.50megs.com/Issue39/Issue39_156.html

Because here into text is write from explosion, so i have direct think for howitzer unit abbreviation.

thank's.

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc1944 View Post
                            hi, now i been on read a document about kiev battle.
                            but here i don't be sure that on right translation meaning sens.

so into text, it done this abbreviation.

37-го!

here tittle of full text.

Боевое распоряжение штаба 6-й армии № 0081
                            командиру 37-го стрелкового корпуса о сохранении переправ
                            через р. Ятрань (2 августа 1941 г.)
                            Combat order of the 6th Army No. 0081 to the 37th Rifle Corps Commander about care of bridges across the Yatran river (Aug. 2, 1941)
                            If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

spasiba amvas, to have me help!

Comment

Originally posted by amvas View Post
                                Combat order of the 6th Army No. 0081 to the 37th Rifle Corps Commander about care of bridges across the Yatran river (Aug. 2, 1941)
                                Doesn't it really mean "crossings", not just bridges? So it would include fords too?
                                "If you have too firm a belief in the glories of soldiering, try a war."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X