This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Crazy Dutch View Post
    Thanks for the reply. This is possible. The context of the abbrev was дшг спeтсназ
    "дшг спецназ" can stay for "landing-assault party of the special destination troops"
    If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

• Originally posted by amvas View Post
      "дшг спецназ" can stay for "landing-assault party of the special destination troops"
      Thanks for the reply
      Greetings from the Netherlands
      Groetjes uit Nederland

Jo van der Pluym
      Crazy Dutch

Comment

• – В.С. ????

Hi, what meaning this abreviation into a sentence?

http://narodna.pravda.com.ua/rus/history/4d769d0f22756/

This is link, who are used into multiple sentence this "– В.С."
        can this are the name from reporter, or from Writer?
        so this "V.S." abbreviating, is used each time into sentence which content are into Bracket.

Thank's for all help.

Comment

• Originally posted by leclerc1944 View Post
          Hi, what meaning this abreviation into a sentence?

http://narodna.pravda.com.ua/rus/history/4d769d0f22756/

This is link, who are used into multiple sentence this "– В.С."
          can this are the name from reporter, or from Writer?
          so this "V.S." abbreviating, is used each time into sentence which content are into Bracket.

Thank's for all help.
          Usually it's a mark for a person who makes this comment. Maybe it's not a writer, but a reporter?
          I can see only one name and his initials are not V.S.

Comment

• spasibo Amvas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trigger Happy View Post
              Ok, thanks Andrey

here's how I translate that:

The division operated without the motorized rifle and artillery regiments having on hand only the two tank regiments since 6th Army HQ placed the motorized rifle regiment in its reserve as for the artillery regiment, not having its full complement of tractors, it had half of its equipment staying in the winter quarters while the remaining guns were gradually abandoned because of the technical malfunctions [problems] and breakdowns of the available tractors. Thus, the tanks were devoid of artillery, infantry and, particularly, aviation support.

(I know I changed the sentences a bit too much for some people's taste...)

So, if the context is during the border battles in 1941, it only means that they stayed in the barracks, well in the rear, or rather, in the original position of the division?
              Trigger Happy,

Damn good job. Couldn't do any better myself. Andrey is also spot on.

Folks, you can rely on TH and Andrey for any of their future translations, as far as I'm concerned.

Raptor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrey View Post
                "П", "п" - analogue of Latin "p".

"И", "u" - analogue of Latin "i".

"Й" - hmmm... usually it is "i" or "y"

"Н" - analogue of Latin "n"
                Yep. Andrey is spot on .......as expected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                  Yep. Andrey is spot on .......as expected.

Transliteration rules
                  http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D2%F0%...ED%E8%F6%E5%E9

Comment

• Originally posted by Michel View Post
                    Hi guys,
                    Perhaps if I clarify. Western Special Military District had in its VVS organization the 161st, 162nd резервный авиационный полк, which were training formations in June 1941. But when the 97th and 209th SBAPs were sent to the rear to refit they both went to the 10th запасный авиационный полк at Kamenke to refit with Pe-2s.

Does that help ?
                    Michel
                    Perhaps because when the unit was sent to refit, it was no longer available for combat, hence запасный, which can also mean "spare" or "extra". IMHO, резервный would have a more direct implication of being "part of the reserve".

Regards
                    Scott Fraser
                    Ignorance is not the lack of knowledge. It is the refusal to learn.

A contentedly cantankerous old fart

Comment

• Originally posted by amvas View Post
                      I can see only one name and his initials are not V.S.
                      This text appears to be an article in "Vecherny Brest" by someone named Vasily Sarychev. Hence the akronym.

Comment

• Help with Russian writing

This dollar bill belonged to a B-24 waist gunner interned by the Russians when his aircraft landed at Petropavlovsk on September 12, 1943, following an attack on the Kurile Islands. I am hoping members of the forum can help with the Russian writing on the front and back of the bill. In some instances, I have enhanced the colors to make the writing more defined.

I do not know if the Russian writing is place names or possibly proper names. Information on the American aircrews held by the Russians indicates they were moved about and so these could be locations noted on the bill.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Russian-1.jpg

Russian-3.jpg

Comment

• Help with Russian writing

I have several other places/names to submit, but due to the limit on file sizes and uploads, I cannot add any more here. I attempted to link to the images in Photobucket, but I am prompted that I must have a minimum of five posts to this forum before I can place a link in a post. Before I go to any further effort, let's see if I get a response to the two currently viewable.

Comment

• Originally posted by dusty_shelf View Post
                            This one says Суслов - Suslov, which would be a person's last name.
                            Originally posted by dusty_shelf View Post
                            This one, it looks like the first two letters would be Лё
                            Last edited by Skoblin; 05 Jan 14, 12:57.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
                              This one says Суслов - Suslov, which would be a person's last name.

This one, it looks like the first two letters would be Лё
                              Лёля - a girl name (Л=L).
                              Kind regards
                              Igor

* My grandfathers WW2 memoirs - Romania, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia, Hungary, 1944-1945.
                              * On the question of "2 mil. rapes" by RKKA
                              * Verdicts of RKKA Military Tribunals for crimes against civilians in 1945

Comment

• Originally posted by Egorka View Post
                                Лёля - a girl name (Л=L).
                                Good man.
                                Actually, the final я seems more apparent in the smaller photo than in the larger one.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X