X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by matasso View Post
    Many thanks Alex,

So Imushetvo is generic, ok so it explains a lot; I suppose then torgovo/torgovaya are commercial so it would explain the romanian targ = market, negociation... hehehe, even a latin language can have influences

Mat
    Response:

Imushchestvo (not imushetvo ...yours probably a typo) in civilian usage means "property, goods, etc."

Imushchiy (adj) means opulent, wealthy, rich, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raptor View Post
      Response:

Imushchestvo (not imushetvo ...yours probably a typo) in civilian usage means "property, goods, etc."

Imushchiy (adj) means opulent, wealthy, rich, etc.
      Ты опоздал примерно на 5 лет!
      Кто там?
      Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
      Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

Comment

• Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me what these abbreviations and terms mean ? I understand that "Нарком" is short for "Peoples Kommissariate" but the rest escapes me.

ГУГВФ
        Наркомрыбпром
        Пограничные войска НКВД
        Наркомбоеприпас
        Наркомлес
        Наркомлегпром
        Главсевморпуть
        ГУ Геод.и Карт.
        Заводы НКАП

Comment

• Originally posted by Michel View Post
          Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me what these abbreviations and terms mean ? I understand that "Нарком" is short for "Peoples Kommissariate" but the rest escapes me.
          ГУГВФ - Главное Управление Гражданского Воздушного флота / central directorate of the Civil Air Fleet
          Наркомрыбпром - Народный комиссариат рыбной промышленности /Ministry of fish industry

Пограничные войска НКВД - Border troops of NKVD
          Наркомбоеприпас - Ministry (Minister) of Ammunition
          Наркомлес - Ministry (Minister) of Woods
          Наркомлегпром - Ministry (Minister) of the light industry
          Главсевморпуть - Central Administration of the Northern Seaway or its Head.
          ГУ Геод.и Карт. - Главное управление Геодезии и Картографии/Central administration of geodesy and cartography
          Заводы НКАП - Заводы Народного Комиссариата Авиационной Промышленности/Factories of the Ministry of Air Industry
          If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Hi Guys,

ГУГВФ
            Наркомрыбпром
            Пограничные войска НКВД
            Наркомбоеприпас
            Наркомлес
            Наркомлегпром
            Главсевморпуть
            ГУ Геод.и Карт.
            Заводы НКАП
            Michel,

ГУГВФ = Главное управление гражданского воздушного флота = Main Administration of the Civil Air Fleet

Наркомрыбпром = Народный комиссариат рыбной промышленности = People's Commissariat for Fisheries

Пограничные войска НКВД
            Пограничные войска = Border troops
            НКВД = Народный комиссариат внутренних дел = People's Commissariat for Internal Affairs

Наркомбоеприпас = Народный комиссариат боеприпасов = People's Commissariat for Munitions

Наркомлес = Народный комиссариат лесной промышленности = People's Commissariat for Forestry

Наркомлегпром = Народный комиссариат лёгкой промышленности = People's Commissariat for Light Industry

Главсевморпуть = Главное управление Северного морского пути = Main Administration of Northern Waterways

ГУ Геод.и Карт. = Главное управление Геодезии и картографии = Main Administration for Geodetics and Cartography

Заводы = factories
            НКАП = Народный комиссариат авиационной промышленности = People's Commissariat for Aviation Industry

Hope this helps

Comment

• Looks like Alex beat me to it by a whisker

Comment

• Thank you, both of you.

Michel

Comment

• Hi Guys,

I was reading about two aircraft the VVS shot down. They were referred to as "лаптежника". Is this a reference to a type of aircraft or a nickname for a certain type ?

Thanks

Comment

Hi Guys,

I was reading about two aircraft the VVS shot down. They were referred to as "лаптежника". Is this a reference to a type of aircraft or a nickname for a certain type ?

Thanks
                    Yep, that's Ju-87, nicknamed so for its distinctive landing gear. "Lapti" means peasant's tree bark shoes.
                    www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

• Hi ShAA,

That is a new one one for me.

Thanks for the help
                      Michel

Comment

Hi ShAA,

That is a new one one for me.

Thanks for the help
                        Michel
                        correct nick "лаптёжник"
                        Some time ago I had a special thread devoted to nicks
                        http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...highlight=nick
                        If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

• Originally posted by amvas View Post
                          correct nick "лаптёжник"
                          Some time ago I had a special thread devoted to nicks
                          http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...highlight=nick
                          It seems like "лапотник" was used as well.

"Лаптёжника" is plural Accusative of "лаптёжник", if the text was about 2 airplanes shot down
                          www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

• Hello again,
                            Another mystery to me maybe you can help me with:
                            "ККЗ: - 19 СБ (все исправны)"

Now, I understand the 19 SB (all serviceable) but what is "ККЗ" ? It is some kind of unit in 13 BAP but not one I have seen before. For a refernce you can find it in the link posted below.
                            http://aircraft-museum.ucoz.ru/publ/..._1941/3-1-0-60

Thanks
                            Michel

Comment

Hello again,
                              Another mystery to me maybe you can help me with:
                              "ККЗ: - 19 СБ (все исправны)"

Now, I understand the 19 SB (all serviceable) but what is "ККЗ" ? It is some kind of unit in 13 BAP but not one I have seen before. For a refernce you can find it in the link posted below.
                              http://aircraft-museum.ucoz.ru/publ/..._1941/3-1-0-60

Thanks
                              Michel
                              Michel,

The answer is right in the article you posted:
                              По данным фонда 13 БАД в Центральном архиве МО РФ известно, что на аэродроме Бобруйск 22-го июня 1941-го года базировались самолеты управление 13-й БАД (бомбардировочной авиадивизии), (командир дивизии генерал-майор Полынин Ф.П. Курсы командиров звеньев(ККЗ)

Comment

• Sorry, couldn't see the forest, too many trees in the way...but what is a "Курсы командиров звеньев" is this a special instructional unit ? Were they training machines or combat aircraft ? the other question is did they fly combat missions once the war started ?

Many thanks
                                Michel.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X