This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Michel View Post
    It is off a map. The 6th Aviation Division and showing the location of the airfields at Novgorod. For some reason I can get my Cyrillic font to work: it is 3 AP (in english) which I take to Aviapolk then in Russian "узел". It is the last four letters that I have no clue about the rest unless the "U" might stand for Uchebno ?
    It would be fine if you can put an image of needed fragment with text
    If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Kardon View Post
      Are you sure that the "3" isn't a Russian "з" ("z" in English)? A "Зап. узел" could be short for Запасной узел or reserve (communications) node or center. An "аэродромный узел" is an "airfield complex," so I suppose it could mean a "reserve (airfield) complex."
      Зап. also can be treated as "Западный" (Western)

Comment

• Hi Amvas, here is link to the map
        http://translate.google.com/translat...zf%2F90&anno=2

Look at: Annals of the regiment,
        June and summer 1941,
        Airfield at Vyshny Volochock, Tver region.

this should take you to the map I was looking at, you will see the unit at Novgorod.
        Last edited by Michel; 05 May 11, 19:31.

Comment

Hi Amvas, here is link to the map
          http://translate.google.com/translat...zf%2F90&anno=2

Look at: Annals of the regiment,
          June and summer 1941,
          Airfield at Vyshny Volochock, Tver region.

this should take you to the map I was looking at, you will see the unit at Novgorod.
          Aha. I see.
          I am sure it's "запасной узел"
          meaning reserve set of airfields for the 6th Mixed Aircraft Division location
          the same one for the 4th Mixed Aircraft Division can be seen in the eastern prt of the map

Comment

• Thanks again,

I would never have figured that one out. So the "зап" is an abriviation ?

Comment

Thanks again,

I would never have figured that one out. So the "зап" is an abriviation ?
              Yep.
              "Зап." may stay for "Западный" (western) or "Запасной" (Reserve)
              In this case it's reserved

Regards
              Alex

Comment

• With the Victory Day!Thank you my grandfathers for this holiday!Thanks to all those who stood in this war!Eternal memory to the fallen

Comment

• hi, here i been now, because, i dont understand abbreviation or accronym in sentence from book.
                  here i read each time the "NP" abbreviation.

В ночь на 2 декабря командование армии с начальниками родов войск и большая часть сотрудников штаба и политотдела армии выехали в войска для организации контрудара. Возле командного пункта 331-й стрелковой дивизии (в селе Лобня) был развернут армейский НП.
                  in this another, is use same time this abbreviation.
                  Ночью перед наступлением армейский НП в селе Лобня превратился в командный пункт. Сюда с докладами о готовности войск съезжались начальники родов войск и командиры штаба.
                  and in this other sentence, is other NP
                  Утром 6 декабря термометр показывал более 20 мороза. Одевшись в летный меховой комбинезон, я вместе с Куликовым пробрался на дивизионный НП генерала Короля, оборудованный под крышей сарая за окраиной села. После короткой артиллерийской подготовки войска армии перешли в наступление.
                  So, what would this mean this "NP" ?
                  would this mean each time same, or any "NP" abbreviation in one would mean one sense of understanding, and in another sentence, this "NP" should mean another sense of understanding.

so here, i don't understand the "NP" abbreviation, the rest from sentence, i have all translate right.

and if this can you help, here, this sentence was used in this book from chapter of L.M. Sandalov we have write about 20 th. Army battle for moscow.
                  http://militera.lib.ru/memo/russian/moscow25/03.html

Sandalov, use many time this "NP" Abbreviation. but what Meaning????
                  Last edited by leclerc1944; 23 Oct 11, 20:24.

Comment

• Originally posted by leclerc1944 View Post
                    hi, here i been now, because, i dont understand abbreviation or accronym in sentence from book.
                    here i read each time the "NP" abbreviation.
                    Hello leclerc

NP here means observation post - наблюдательный пункт

Comment

• Originally posted by skoblin View Post
                      Hello leclerc

NP here means observation post - наблюдательный пункт
                      Yep, you are right

Usually those posts could be company, battalion, regimental, divisional, corps, army scale
                      In your case, Leclerc, there were mentioned army observation post and divisional one

Regards
                      Alex

Comment

• ok thank's skolbin and amvas, i have read this information about "observation post", but i don't was sure, if this whas, or if give another explain!
                        so i say you many thank's!

Comment

• Originally posted by leclerc1944 View Post
                          ok thank's skolbin and amvas, i have read this information about "observation post", but i don't was sure, if this whas, or if give another explain!
                          so i say you many thank's!
                          Leclerc,

be advised - the abbreviation нп will not always mean "observation point". It can also mean населенный пункт (populated center) i.e. town, village, hamlet.

For example:
                          Плацдармы у н.п. Дисна... would mean "The bridgeheads near the village/town of Disna..." and not "the bridgeheads near the observation post of Disna"
                          Last edited by Skoblin; 24 Oct 11, 04:30.

Comment

• I would like to know what the acronym AMP means. It comes from a unit called 14 AMP that repaired aircraft. I do not know if AMP is the English translation of if it is in Russian. Any help?

Thanks

Comment

I would like to know what the acronym AMP means. It comes from a unit called 14 AMP that repaired aircraft. I do not know if AMP is the English translation of if it is in Russian. Any help?

Thanks
                              More information is needed

Comment

• Originally posted by amvas View Post
                                More information is needed
                                Sorry I don't know more than that. But I am guessing it might this: Авиационная Рембаза №14

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X