Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle of the Bay of Vyborg

Hello,

I am looking for any data on the summer 1944 Soviet operation across the Bay of Vyborg conducted by the 59th Army. From what I understand many amphibious ops were conducted against several islands in the bay and then when the mainland was finally reached the Soviets landed directly in the middle of the 122nd German Infantry Division that was passing through the area. I am looking for day to day ops, units involved, commanders, losses & final outcome. I know that is a lot but my resources are next to nonexistant in reference to this battle.

Any and all help would be most appreciated!

Regards,
    Mike

Originally posted by MikeF
    Hello,

I am looking for any data on the summer 1944 Soviet operation across the Bay of Vyborg conducted by the 59th Army. From what I understand many amphibious ops were conducted against several islands in the bay and then when the mainland was finally reached the Soviets landed directly in the middle of the 122nd German Infantry Division that was passing through the area. I am looking for day to day ops, units involved, commanders, losses & final outcome. I know that is a lot but my resources are next to nonexistant in reference to this battle.

Any and all help would be most appreciated!

Regards,
    Mike
    Hmmm... why you are so sure it was just the 59th Army?!
    I always thought it was the 21st Army

Check this scheme:
    http://www.RKKAWW2.armchairgeneral.c..._July15_44.jpg

...and some other schemes from

http://www.RKKAWW2.armchairgeneral.c.../maps1944N.htm

As for other data you need, they are too specific to be discussed here

Daily operation description is a separate set of documents, for example, which can contain many many pages depending on the level of detalisation...

Regards,
    Alex
    If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X