Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Information for operations around Leningrad

Hi everyone:

I'm looking for some information on Russian forces used in Posad, Krasni Bor, and other areas around Leningrad where the German 250th Infantry Divsion (Division Azul) fought. Looking for forces, types of arms including tanks, etc. Thanks.
    "I mean, this is the Internet, sir; keep your arguments specious and myopic." -- Kevin Smith

Visit Multi-Man Publishing at http://www.multimanpublishing.com

Originally posted by kdalton
    Hi everyone:

I'm looking for some information on Russian forces used in Posad, Krasni Bor, and other areas around Leningrad where the German 250th Infantry Divsion (Division Azul) fought. Looking for forces, types of arms including tanks, etc. Thanks.
    Interesting question, but can you ask more narrow subject?
    Answering on such a question in wide scales needs also wide-scale archival research.

Probably I have some ,ateriasl at hand, but not much, because it's very dark "corner" of front and not many resources describes it.
    Almost impossible without archival materials to find any info about arms and manpower of soviet troops (if such exists)

Regards,
    Alex
    If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Thanks for the offer. Specifically, I am looking for information to create several Advanced Squad Leader scenarios. I know there was at least one Guards unit available for the attack at Krasni Bor, and to be honest, Kleinfeld and Tambs are a pretty good source for that battle.

Posad is a little more sketchy. I am looking for what regiment/battalion formations were involved, and possbly what armaments the troops were carrying ... SMGs, rifles, heavy MGs, etc.

I know several batteries of 76 mm artillery were brought up and used for direct fire at Posad, and that T-26 tanks made at least one attack.

Thanks for any help.
      "I mean, this is the Internet, sir; keep your arguments specious and myopic." -- Kevin Smith

Comment

250th Spanish Division

I have a map that shows on Jan 28, 1942. That the 250th Azul is on the Northern Most point of the Ilman See. Facing the 52nd Army.
        Kevin Kenneally
        Masters from a school of "hard knocks"
        Member of a Ph.D. Society (Post hole. Digger)

Comment

First Echelon troops for attack along Krasnyi Bor-Tosno axis, February 10th 1943:

45th Guards Rifle Division
          63rd Guards Rifle Division
          43rd Rifle Division
          34th Ski Brigade
          31st Tank Brigade

Totalling ~33,000 men and 30 tanks.

35th Ski Brigade and 122nd Tank Brigade held in reserve to exploit the planned breakthrough.
          Snefens

Comment

Thanks!

Kev, does that map have a scale to it? Do you have one of the area around Posad during the siege, by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by kdalton
              Thanks!

Kev, does that map have a scale to it? Do you have one of the area around Posad during the siege, by any chance?
              I will send you all the maps today that Stefan (Above your post) sent to me.
              Kevin Kenneally

Comment

Thanks Stefan!

Comment

A google search came up with a detailed description of the Krasnyi Bor battle, including thorough OOB/ToE. It differs slightly from what I posted above, which came from David Glantz's "The Battle For Leningrad 1941-1944"

http://www.balagan.org.uk/war/iberia...krasny_bor.htm
                  Snefens

Comment

Sorry

I was going to post the maps here,

But there is a limit to the file size.

Kevin
                    Kevin Kenneally

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X