X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your opinion on possible changes in "Maps" section

Hi, again, everybody.

I'd like to ask you one small question.

I'm going to make slight changes in my "Maps" section. But every small changes in large scales (and this section is one of the largest ones) means lots of work!
    So, I want to think a little before starting it.

So, what's the idea.
    I gonna to provide more details for every map in special add-ons.
    It's a part of my strategy for preparations of creating some set of books with battle schemes collection (of course if I'm lucky enough to do this within some years )
    I noticed every caption becomes more and more large if I try to do it as much detailed, as I can.
    So, what detalisation I have in mind

i) More info about territory (if available. Sometimes it's damn hard to find even region when fights took place. So, I have in mind informing at least approximately about nearest famous points)

ii) In many times information about subordination of given unit is very useful. (Front, Army, Corps)

iii) Information about Axis opponents

iv) different comments if any are avialable

So, it'll be nice to hear your opinion about this.

I'm sure it'll be large set of work.

Regards,
    Alex
    If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Amvas,

You never cease to amaze me with the amount of work you do and with your vision for the site!
    As for detailed maps, I love the thought but if it's too hard technically, don't drive yourself crazy. Do you have wargame maps you can use as references? Many games deal with specific battles and scenarios and have the details you want. If you want, I'll be happy to check my (tiny) game collection to see if I have anything useful.

Mark

Comment

Hi, Mark
      You never cease to amaze me with the amount of work you do and with your vision for the site!
      Thx for appreciation of my work. But if you knew the amount of underground work I guide…
      As for the vision of my site, I always say it contain only less than 1% of info I obtain and would like to upload. But I’m still not a “superman” to work 24 hrs a day… L
      Sometimes my friends helps me, but they can’t do the main job – handling materials…

As for detailed maps, I love the thought but if it's too hard technically, don't drive yourself crazy.
      Really creating additional pages are not too hard. The most hard thing is to get details of territory and subordination of units. I’m not going to describe all units presented on schemes. It’s really impossible. But I can give some info about higher units (corps, armies, fronts)…

Do you have wargame maps you can use as references? Many games deal with specific battles and scenarios and have the details you want. If you want, I'll be happy to check my (tiny) game collection to see if I have anything useful.
      Nope, I play only “East Front II” game, which maps is very poorly ordered to be used for such a purpose you mentioned.
      It would be nice if you give me notice when I’m not right in transliteration of settlements in captions of maps.

Regards,
      Alex

Comment

Alex,

I'll be honored to help with transliterations, but as I've mentioned before, my Russian is non-existent. If anything seems to be awkward English, I will let you know.

I have checked out the latest additions, and am thrilled as usual with the updates. Love the Nov. 1941 update for Moscow, will wait patiently for Dec. 1941.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by grognard
          Alex,

I'll be honored to help with transliterations, but as I've mentioned before, my Russian is non-existent. If anything seems to be awkward English, I will let you know.
          just check if any settlements (in Germany, Hungary or other countries) aren't correctly named in English. It's really hard to translate them...

I have checked out the latest additions, and am thrilled as usual with the updates. Love the Nov. 1941 update for Moscow, will wait patiently for Dec. 1941.

Mark
          he-he... for Moscow battle can promise you much more battle schemes.I have plenty of them unprocessed yet ...

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by amvas
            Hi, again, everybody.

I'd like to ask you one small question.

I'm going to make slight changes in my "Maps" section. But every small changes in large scales (and this section is one of the largest ones) means lots of work!
            So, I want to think a little before starting it.

So, what's the idea.
            I gonna to provide more details for every map in special add-ons.
            It's a part of my strategy for preparations of creating some set of books with battle schemes collection (of course if I'm lucky enough to do this within some years )
            I noticed every caption becomes more and more large if I try to do it as much detailed, as I can.
            So, what detalisation I have in mind

i) More info about territory (if available. Sometimes it's damn hard to find even region when fights took place. So, I have in mind informing at least approximately about nearest famous points)

ii) In many times information about subordination of given unit is very useful. (Front, Army, Corps)

iii) Information about Axis opponents

iv) different comments if any are avialable

So, it'll be nice to hear your opinion about this.

I'm sure it'll be large set of work.

Regards,
            Alex
            Alex,
            I want to thank you for this idea.

This will be very helpful for us that do not have access to such information.

Again, Thank you.
            Kevin Kenneally
            Masters from a school of "hard knocks"
            Member of a Ph.D. Society (Post hole. Digger)

Comment

Alex,

Your he-he and I have plenty of other material has me laughing and anxiously waiting at the same time--good trick old buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by grognard
                Alex,

Your he-he and I have plenty of other material has me laughing and anxiously waiting at the same time--good trick old buddy.

to tease you a bit I cans ay I think to process 4 schemes of the 108th RD Nov-Feb 1941-42...

Comment

OK, just keep having fun

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X