• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collection of military history material from WWII

Hello,

I found those two online books on the web:

http://militera.lib.ru/h/sb_vi_6/index.html

http://amyat.narod.ru/hist/vi_sb_8_map/index.htm

I was wondering if there were others which have been digitalized and how one can managed to:

1) Get a list of the volumes and an idea of their content
    2) Order them

In adavance, thank you very much for your answers!

Cheers

Thomas

http://www.eastview.com/xq/ASP/sku=R...oduct_view.asp

Volume 1 Operation to destroy large enemy forces. Additional materials on assault operations in 1941, anti-tank defense, etc. 70 pp. +11 maps.
    Volume 2 Operational and tactical lessons of the 1941-42 campaign. Additional materials on offensive winter actions, ski units, artillery in winter, troop reconnaissance, etc. 185 pp. + 25 maps.
    Volume 3 Tactical orders of battle based on the experience of war. Additional materials on winter actions, signals, cavalry, interaction of ground and naval forces, etc. 209 pp. + 43 maps.
    Volume 4 Conclusions from military actions in mountainous areas (experience of the Transcaucasian Front); Defense in the mountains of the Arctic. Additional materials. 168 pp. + 20 maps.
    Volume 5 Operational results from defeating the Germans near Moscow. Additional materials. 160 pp. + 27 maps.
    Volume 6 The battle of Stalingrad (July 1942 - Feb. 1943 o.). Additional materials. 204 pp. + 35 maps.
    Volume 7 Some questions of preparing for and implementing a breakthrough based on the experience of the Stalingrad Operation. Additional materials. 184 pp. + 21 maps.
    Volume 8 The planning of and preparation for the Southwestern Front's offensive operation. Additional materials. 160 pp. + 15 maps.
    Volume 9 The breakthrough by the Southwestern Front's troops of the enemy defenses along the Dnieper and the troops' actions behind the enemy lines. Additional materials. 202 pp. + 35 maps.
    Volume 10 Penetration of the enemy defenses on the German Orel combat force flank; Offensive of the 13th Army in the Voronezh-Kastornoye Operation . Additional materials. 200 pp. + 39 maps.
    Volume 11 Defensive battle for the Kursk base of operation (July 1943) 216 pp. + 27 maps.
    Volume 12 The Novorossiisk Operation, Novgorod Operation; Zaporozhye Operation Additional materials on river crossings, railroad communications, etc. 260 pp. + 19 maps.
    Volume 13 The Crimea Operation of 4th Ukrainian Front troops (1944); Offensive operation of Southern Front troops along the Mius and Molochnaya rivers. 228 pp. + 21 maps.
    Volume 14 The Korsun-Shevchenko Operation; Uman Operation; Kirovograd Operation; Nevel Operation. Additional materials. 232 pp. + 38 maps.
    Volume 15 Vitebsk Operation (June 1944), redisposition of forces (based on the experience of the 1st Baltic Front; Command and control in an army offensive operation. Additional materials on breakthrough operations and deception. 228 pp. + 28 maps.
    Volume 16 Vyborg Operation (June 10-20, 1944). Additional materials on signals troops, crossing water obstacles, and more from 1944 engagements. 192 pp. + 30 maps.
    Volume 17 Various materials on operational regrouping, encirclement and destruction of the enemy, elimination of enemy bridgehead, artillery, tank and mechanized forces, engineering and radar from 1944 engagements. 152 pp. + 21 maps.
    Volume 18 The crushing of the German forces in Belorussia in the summer of 1944. 224 pp.
    Volume 19 A brief description of the Kishinev-Iasi Operation. 144 pp. + 14 maps.
    Volume 20 Engagement into a breakthrough gap of the second echelon of the front (based on the experience of fighting in Eastern Prussia); the Petsamo-Kirkenes Operation (Oct. 7-27, 1944; the Kerch Operation (Oct. 1943 - Apr. 1944 ). Additional subjects. 184 pp. + 21 maps.
    Volume 21 The Budapest Operation 164 pp. + 13 maps.
    Volume 22 (January-February 1946) Lvov-Peremyshl Operation of the 1st Ukrainian Front (July-Aug. 1944), an operational-strategic outline. Additional subjects. 176 ?? + 15 maps.
    Volume 23 The Carpatian Operation of the 4th Ukrainian Front (Sept. - Oct.1944) Additional subjects. 168 ?? + 22 maps and tables.
    Volume 24 Description of the 1945 East Prussia Operation by forces of the 2nd and 3rd Belorussian Fronts 2-o? o 3-o? 231 pp. + maps and tables.
    Volume 25 A brief description of the Vistula-Oder Operation by the 1st Belorussian Front between January 14 and February 3, 1945 192 pp. + maps.
    Volume 26 Experience of topographic support of frontal and army offensive and defensive operations in the Great Patriotic War 120 pp. + maps and tables.
    a brain cell

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasR
      Hello,

I found those two online books on the web:

http://militera.lib.ru/h/sb_vi_6/index.html

http://amyat.narod.ru/hist/vi_sb_8_map/index.htm

I was wondering if there were others which have been digitalized and how one can managed to:

1) Get a list of the volumes and an idea of their content
      2) Order them

In adavance, thank you very much for your answers!

Cheers

Thomas
      1. I know these issues. Seems not much of them were digitalized. Maybe there exists also 12th volume on Militera.
      2. Sorry, just now I have no ideas on their content.
      I obtain digitalized 26-volume of “Sbornik materialov po izucheniyu opyta vojny” (Collection of materials for studying the war experience) and 43-volume “Sbornik boevykh documentov” (Collection of combat documents).
      Although the quality of both serials is not ideal. 26-volumes are in b/w mode and in quite a bad quality. Some schemes are missed. Now I’m trying to order copying schemes from there, but my price appeared to be too low for one person I tried to employ. So, I’m searching for another.
      The 43-volume serial is of different quality. Some text is recognized. But schemes are also in awful state….
      But generally speaking there exists a chance to find some co-worker to make copies of those. The only trouble is $$$….

Regards,
      Alex
      If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Laszlo, you mixed 26-volumes "Sbornik materialov po izucheniyu opyta vojny" and "Sbornik voyenno-istoricheskikh materialov"
        If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Originally posted by amvas
          Laszlo, you mixed 26-volumes "Sbornik materialov po izucheniyu opyta vojny" and "Sbornik voyenno-istoricheskikh materialov"
          Alex,

You are fast and good. I was going point that there had been reference to three different collections, and the third one, as you point out, was the content of the collection for the study of war experiences.

RNA
          Leadership is the ability to rise above conventional wisdom.

Comment

Thank you all.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X