Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battalion size OB's

Hi,

I would like if anyone has an ASL ( size) version of a Russian Infantry Battalion.

I would like typical support units such as heavy weapons section(s) , Artillary other support for 1941,42,43,44. The date 1945 doesn't matter as they has so much of everything steel smelting was required.

I believe mortars were available in almost undremt of proportions by at least 1942.

My gut feeling is that 12 447's would have:

1941 2 x 50mm 1 x 81mm
    1942 6 x 50mm 2 x 81mm
    1943 2 x US 60mm 2 x 50mm 2 x 81mm
    1944 ( any combination up to 6) 3 x 81mm

Although Stalin said " artilary is the God of war" and virtually proved it I'm pretty sure 50mm's were the God of Sargent Ivanov.

I would be most greatfull if someone had true figures or cold direct me to some links.

Many thanks

also >> [email protected]
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.", Sun Tzu

Originally posted by Oberst Balck
    Hi,

I would like if anyone has an ASL ( size) version of a Russian Infantry Battalion.

I would like typical support units such as heavy weapons section(s) , Artillary other support for 1941,42,43,44. The date 1945 doesn't matter as they has so much of everything steel smelting was required.

I believe mortars were available in almost undremt of proportions by at least 1942.

My gut feeling is that 12 447's would have:

1941 2 x 50mm 1 x 81mm
    1942 6 x 50mm 2 x 81mm
    1943 2 x US 60mm 2 x 50mm 2 x 81mm
    1944 ( any combination up to 6) 3 x 81mm

Although Stalin said " artilary is the God of war" and virtually proved it I'm pretty sure 50mm's were the God of Sargent Ivanov.

I would be most greatfull if someone had true figures or cold direct me to some links.

Many thanks
    Hi,
    Unfortunately staffs are not well documented in my collection of materials.
    Folks from Russian http://www.rkka.ru site are much more experienced in these. (They even can speak English sometimes )
    I'm not sure 60mm mortars were ever in use in sovet troops. At least I myself never heard about facts of their usage.

For a small period 37mm spade-mortar was used
    http://battlefield.ru/index.php?opti...mid=67&lang=ru

Regards,
    Alex
    If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X