This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Iron Duke:

I've already answered all the questions to Psycho1943. You can read it in Manchurian Campaign Thread. I do not waste my time again.

You have to read not Psycho1943's words how he understands what Amvas and I are doing (he distorts our opinions) but our original opinions (I've said where to find it).

Psycho1943 distorts our words.

All you are fighting against miracles.

Comment

G'men I'll try to be brief.

To Psycho1943:

I always pay respect to the point of view of my oponents. But if I strongly disagree with them often I have no time to prove my point of view, because many of those I argue with have much more opportinities for disputes than me.
      I have no more time for sophisticated discussion.
      So, I suggest to stop discussion here. I need time for other activities. I think I clearly figured out my point of view on the problem.

To Andrey: Thx, you clearly got my point of view on the subject

Regards,
      Alex

P.S. this topic will be closed very soon, as I think the subject ot be clarified enough....
      If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Originally posted by amvas
        G'men I'll try to be brief.

To Psycho1943:

I always pay respect to the point of view of my oponents. But if I strongly disagree with them often I have no time to prove my point of view, because many of those I argue with have much more opportinities for disputes than me.
        I have no more time for sophisticated discussion.
        So, I suggest to stop discussion here. I need time for other activities. I think I clearly figured out my point of view on the problem.

To Andrey: Thx, you clearly got my point of view on the subject

Regards,
        Alex

P.S. this topic will be closed very soon, as I think the subject ot be clarified enough....
        I would like to point out that I have never had any problems discussing anything with Amvas. I have also never felt that I might be censored for saying anything YET.

The problem I see and what am trying to get at here is that if you don't have time or feel like discussing something with someone you don't have to. Nobody is forced to argue or discuss something. What is wrong with someone coming in here and asking a question as long as it is in the proper area?

This all started because of the thread about Russian oil. There was one going on in the Off Topic section and somebody came in and asked you guys to come discuss it in OT. You didn't want to discuss it so you closed the thread. That seemed unfair to me. He didn't attack you guys or seem to be causing trouble. Andrey even showed up in OT and made his case for the Russian side. Others read his post and made their opinions known for or against his view. Nobody closed the thread down when Andrey posted but let the discussion continue. Anybody that doesn't want to get into the argument just doesn't post.
        Check out our webpage for our NFL picks http://members.cox.net/mjohns59/

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho1943
          I would like to point out that I have never had any problems discussing anything with Amvas. I have also never felt that I might be censored for saying anything YET.

The problem I see and what am trying to get at here is that if you don't have time or feel like discussing something with someone you don't have to. Nobody is forced to argue or discuss something. What is wrong with someone coming in here and asking a question as long as it is in the proper area?

This all started because of the thread about Russian oil. There was one going on in the Off Topic section and somebody came in and asked you guys to come discuss it in OT. You didn't want to discuss it so you closed the thread. That seemed unfair to me. He didn't attack you guys or seem to be causing trouble. Andrey even showed up in OT and made his case for the Russian side. Others read his post and made their opinions known for or against his view. Nobody closed the thread down when Andrey posted but let the discussion continue. Anybody that doesn't want to get into the argument just doesn't post.
          In the thread about gas nobody hold anyone's tongue. Pp(est) didn't try to discuss anything THERE. Amvas closed the thread and it influenced everyone including me.

Your problem is that you are too suspicious to the Russians. You constantly try to catch the Russians in bad actions. You suppose the Russians are retarded public in the questions of democratic style of discussions who need to be informed how to do it.

Indeed we act in more civilised manner than you countrymen do. I described earlier what had happened when I said in www.theblitz.org forum that the Russians supports Iraq in Iraq-US War of 2003. One your countrymen have said me that he wants to strangle me.

If you want to check the reaction of your countrymen on provocations you can come in forum (for example, in WWII section here) with a fiction name of a Russian and to begin to write there anti-Western provocations in the style of the Cold War (some of Westerners here do the same anti-Russian actions in Amvas's forum). It is interesting to look what will be the reaction of the local public on such your actions.
          Last edited by Andrey; 10 Jan 06, 02:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrey
            In the thread about gas nobody hold anyone's tongue. Pp(est) didn't try to discuss anything THERE. Amvas closed the thread and it influenced everyone including me.
            OK let's see how I came to the conclusion I did. There was a thread in here and in Off Topic area about the Russian oil story. Pp(est) shows up and invites you guys over there to argue/discuss the topic. Amvas closes the thread. What was the point of closing the thread then?

Your problem is that you are too suspicious to the Russians. You constantly try to catch the Russians in bad actions. You suppose the Russians are retarded public in the questions of democratic style of discussions who need to be informed how to do it.
            I don't make sweeping generalizations of groups of people. There are certain people I might be suspicious of but I NEVER stereotype people. Please explain how I have ever tried to catch you in a bad action. Could anybody that reads these threads help explain this to me? I am getting completely lost in this discussion with you.

Indeed we act in more civilised manner than you countrymen do. I described earlier what had happened when I said in www.theblitz.org forum that the Russians supports Iraq in Iraq-US War of 2003. One your countrymen have said me that he wants to strangle me.

If you want to check the reaction of your countrymen on provocations you can come in forum (for example, in WWII section here) with a fiction name of a Russian and to begin to write there anti-Western provocations in the style of the Cold War (some of Westerners here do the same anti-Russian actions in Amvas's forum). It is interesting to look what will be the reaction of the local public on such your actions.
            What does any of this have to do with our discussion? I am not interested in wasting my time on something like that. There are plenty of idiots in our country. We have many of them that live around here. Most of them seem to be on the road at the same time as me!

I don't recall anybody making any anti-Russian statements on here. Closest I would see would be if a Finn or Balt came on and said something about the Russians in the war. That thread would probably be closed immediately. Pretty much anything that is taken as anti-Russian is some perceived slight that you tend to jump on. For example, I recently saw a picture of a German and Soviet soldier playing a wargame. The guy posed a couple of toy soldiers. They were large toys not the little plastic soldiers. The German is holding the rulebook for the game and the Soviet is holding a bottle of vodka. The first thing that popped into my mind was what you might think if you saw this. I figure you would claim the guy is anti-Russian because it looks like the Russian guy is a drunk and the German has to tell him the rules because the Russian can't read.

I will state it again. I am not the one that defends one side against the other. I am not the one that gets defensive when someone posts their opinion that differs from mine. I challenge you to find one single sentence in any of my posts that is anti-Russian or stereotypes any country in any way. Find one instance where I tell someone that their opinion is wrong and mine is right. Good luck!

Comment

I recently saw a picture of a German and Soviet soldier playing a wargame. The guy posed a couple of toy soldiers. They were large toys not the little plastic soldiers. The German is holding the rulebook for the game and the Soviet is holding a bottle of vodka
              Pictures like this is just a dirty provocation in case you don't know.
              If you're so want to talk about Russian oil/natural gas then ask Ukrainians or Baltic citizens on their forums about it. I'm sure you'll get useful answers.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellcat
                Pictures like this is just a dirty provocation in case you don't know.
                If you're so want to talk about Russian oil/natural gas then ask Ukrainians or Baltic citizens on their forums about it. I'm sure you'll get useful answers.
                That isn't the point of my question. I am trying to find out why the Russian guys don't feel the need to let their neighbors give their side of the discussion. The attitude seems to be "Russian way is correct and Westerners are fooled by propaganda." If you disagree with them well... Russian way is correct and Westerners are fooled by propaganda. The argument is just one huge circle and their basis seems really odd.

My country does good things and bad things. Some of our stuff is correct and some is just crap. I would never tell someone "my way is correct and if your side agrees then you are correct however if you disagree then my way is right, why, because my way is right." It sounds just like my Republican friend (who is also very religious). You can't discuss politics or religion with him because he knows the truth and if I disagree with him... well, I just don't have the answers and he does.

By the way, I don't understand your comment about the picture. The guy just posed a couple of soldier dolls and nobody thinks anything of it. Just a couple of soldiers posed over a wargame. The thought jumped out at me because after reading some of the posts Andrey makes I can imagine how he would take it. I think he might think there was some hidden meaning in who is holding what. In fact, this just popped into my mind as well. The German is sitting on the left and the Soviet on the right. To me that means nothing but if you start looking for hidden meanings... are they sitting like that because Germany is to left of Russia on a map? Should the Soviet be sitting on the left because Communists are left wing and Fascists are right wing? Maybe the guy just posed some soldiers to take a picture and didn't put any secret messages into it?

Comment

I already told everybody, what I think about all of this. So, I'm not going to waste time for further discussion.
                  1. Moderator is always right.
                  2. If Moderator is not right, see i.1.

Regards,
                  Alex
                  If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Having been away from the Forum for a couple of months, I was interested to see some familiar sentiments expressed - from both sides - in this thread. I acknowledge the Rule 1.i of Amvas, so I will not repeat opinions I've expressed in other threads about the search for truth in history, and evolving interpretation of "facts".
                    However, noting Andrey's reference to reading Western sources, I would be interested to know if he has read "Armageddon" by Max Hastings yet, and what he thought of its broad interpretation of the last year of GPW / WW2 in Europe. I thought / hoped he would appreciate the even-handedness of acknowledging strengths and weaknesses, successes and failures, courage and cowardice, good works and atrocities of all the participants.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave T
                      However, noting Andrey's reference to reading Western sources, I would be interested to know if he has read "Armageddon" by Max Hastings yet, and what he thought of its broad interpretation of the last year of GPW / WW2 in Europe. I thought / hoped he would appreciate the even-handedness of acknowledging strengths and weaknesses, successes and failures, courage and cowardice, good works and atrocities of all the participants.
                      I didn't read it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                        Klaudia Tanner
                        by casanova
                        During a speech by the Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner to the soldiers one soldier fell down. The minister helped him to stand up again. The...
                        Yesterday, 23:56
                      • Karri
                        Doom Patrol
                        by Karri
                        Anyone else following?

IMO, it's one of the rare good things to come from this whole superhero genre (which is really mostly the same as...
                        Yesterday, 23:55
                      • Nikki
                        Iranian Nuclear Program Setback
                        by Nikki
                        Iran's nuclear program was at an advanced stage, this had to be done. Israel carried out this mission to buy the world some more time....
                        Yesterday, 23:03
                      Working...
                      X