X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Russia-Ukraine gas dispute

This is already being discussed here:
    gas dispute

Just wanted the Russian POV you can answer here or there...I am interested.

OK, I'll say the Russian point of view.

From the collapse of USSR the former USSR republics got Russian gas and electricity (may be, something other, I am not an expert in this question) in much lower prices than all other countries.

The Ukraine got our gas 5 times less than Western Europe!!!

Russia is ready to help to our friends and to sell them gas and electricity in lower prices. Russia did it for 15 years after the collapse of USSR.

But now the situation had changed. The Ukraine, Georgia, Moldova, the Balltic States began to behave like enemies of Russia.

Now Russian patience had gave way. If they act like enemies let they pay full cost.

President Putin said that the Ukrainian consumewrs pay for Russian gas lower price than Russian consumers do!!! President Putin said that Russia lost 4,000,000,000 US$ (!!!!) every year in the result of lower prices for the Ukraine. It is a very much.

Why must Russia present 4,000,000,000 US$ every year to the guys who operate like enemies? If they want to get it let they operate like friends. It is their choice. If US and Western Europe are worry about the Ukraine let US and Western Europe give to the Ukraine 4,000,000,000 US$ per year.

Also extremely low prices on Russian gas in the Ukraine beated on the Russian industry. The Ukrainian industry uses inexpensive Russian gas and has low prices on its production. The Ukraine prevents Russian production to come in the Ukrainian space but fills the Russian space by inexpensive Ukrainian production which is inexpensive due the low price of Russian gas!!!

We'll not keep the regimes that are hostile to us.

It is the same for US to sell something to Saddam with 5 times lower prices than to Europe!!!

Comment

I totally agree with Andrey and support the same point of view!

Sorry, now I'm not able to perform long disputes, as we have holidays until Jan 9
      If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Whether you agree with the country or not doesn't seem to be the problem to me. It seems like you were giving those guys a HUGE discount. It's one thing to help out your neighbors or friends but this is business. I like my friends but I can't see taking a huge loss on stuff in business. I will give a discount but not enough to hurt my business. I'm sure you can find buyers willing to pay more and it is yours after all.
        Check out our webpage for our NFL picks http://members.cox.net/mjohns59/

Comment

I tend to agree with Psycho, business is business. However, when it comes to energy, politics alwys makes an entry.

Comment

Now Western Mass Media showed the situation so that bad Russians tried to force the Ukraine to become a Russian puppet.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrey
              Now Western Mass Media showed the situation so that bad Russians tried to force the Ukraine to become a Russian puppet.
              Yes, they tend to do that. Allthough Russia is capitalistic now, the West doesnt like its independant politics.
              "Beneath its gilded beauty, though, there lies a poorly designed game which rewards the greedy and violent, and punishes the hardworking and honest; and if you think about it, that's a good representation of capitalism" - Nightfreeze about Eve Online

Comment

Originally posted by Andrey
                Yes. No Western country would give its resources away at such a cheap price. Very few are asking if Ukraine maybe is diverting gas from Europe.

Comment

I will respect Amvas wish that there should be no politics debate here. However I dare Andrey and other Russian posters to come out and play at the off topic forum. My fingers are just itching for it...

Comment

The problem has resolved.
                    The topic is closed.

Alex
                    If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X