Lend Lease Paint Jobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lend Lease Paint Jobs

I read on the flames of war forums that the russians did not repaint their lend lease tanks. I am thinking of putting together either a matilda/valentine or t-34/valentine army and really wanted to paint them up in russian green with winter white wash. Would this be ahistorical?

Originally posted by Cepheus
    I read on the flames of war forums that the russians did not repaint their lend lease tanks. I am thinking of putting together either a matilda/valentine or t-34/valentine army and really wanted to paint them up in russian green with winter white wash. Would this be ahistorical?
    Try this excellent Russian website...with much of the content in English too.

http://www.battlefield.ru/index.php?...mid=81&lang=en

I believe I read there that the majority of lend-lease equipment was not repainted...just the white star repainted red...as in the attached image of a lend lease Stuart tank.
    Attached Files
    Publisher
    Armchair General Magazine
    Weider History Group

Comment

Dmitriy Loza who commanded the 233rd(from Sept '44, 46th Gds)Tank Brigade, 5th(9th Gds) Mech Corps, 6th GTA in his translated memoir, Commanding the Red Army's Sherman Tanks, does not mention a repainting of the tanks upon arrival at tactical units. He does not that they were painted white to blend with the winter background. He also noted that their unit symbol painted on the turret of the Shermans was a spade (playing card design) with a 4 in the center. Other units within the corps used the spade but had a different number.

I'll still look at other sources.
      Leadership is the ability to rise above conventional wisdom.

Comment

I'm preparing "Matilda"s gallery. So, wait until middle January. Color schemas will also be represented there
        If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X