Lend Lease vehicles in the Red Army

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lend Lease vehicles in the Red Army

Here's an interesting and detailed webpage concerning LL vehicles in the Red Army:

http://www.1jma.dk/articles/1jmaarticlelendlease.htm

Sergei,

I am curious as to the different types and makes of Soviet trucks they had. We hear about the Dodge and Studebaker trucks sent over there, but little is known of domestic Russian vehicles.

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

I am curious as to the different types and makes of Soviet trucks they had. We hear about the Dodge and Studebaker trucks sent over there, but little is known of domestic Russian vehicles.
      Pruitt, there were numerous Soviet vehicles: ZIS-5, ZIS-6(on which the first Katyusha was mounted), GAZ-AA/AAA.. all of which were just as much the workhorses of the Red Army as Fords, Dodges, Studebakers.. etc.

Comment

You can visit www.battlefield.ru to acknowlogy domestic Soviet vehicles of WWII.
        The web has a English edition.

Comment

Originally posted by VDV
          Here's an interesting and detailed webpage concerning LL vehicles in the Red Army:

http://www.1jma.dk/articles/1jmaarticlelendlease.htm
          I'm going to post some data about usage of Lend-Lease tanks in RKKA. Some tables are made. So, I hope to post them in one of the nearest updates
          If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Lend Lease Tanks

Most of the thread seems to be about trucks. Is there an interest in the tanks? I found Red Army critiques of the U.S. Shermans and British Churchills interesting. Also some Red Army officers were designated to fight in foreign tank units.
            Leadership is the ability to rise above conventional wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by R.N. Armstrong
              Most of the thread seems to be about trucks. Is there an interest in the tanks? I found Red Army critiques of the U.S. Shermans and British Churchills interesting. Also some Red Army officers were designated to fight in foreign tank units.
              In brief. Our tankers found Sherman to be the best tank among foreign. American tanks were more comfort and had more viscous armor...

Sorry for brief reply... not much time today...

Alex
              If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Dudes,

If you had to compare Valentines, Matildas, Grants and Shermans to T-34s, you would be a little ticked too! The best things about these lend lease tanks was their comfort level and radios! The Soviets did not use Turret Baskets for tank crewman until fairly recent times. The Israelis had to convert T-54s, 55s and 62s to turret baskets, when they captured them from the Arabs. If you have no turret basket to ride on, you had to physically walk with the turret as it revolved. There were all those spent shells and seats in the way as you went around! If you did not walk, remember the cannon recoil!

Pruitt
                Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X