• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Pamyat naroda" site news

Hi, all

Just for your information
    The famous site pamyatnaroda.ru containing ~50-60Tb of TsAMO materials
    was found to REMOVE a portion of maps from its storage.
    I can't be sure what size of materials were removed from their search engine.
    For example a large set of maps of the Western Front 1941 year starting from ~dossier 532 were removed.
    I don't know if this action is temporary, or constant.

That's why I download what I can from them...
    If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Thanks for the news......I wish they would allowed us more access...more info.

Comment

Originally posted by Dann Falk View Post
      Thanks for the news......I wish they would allowed us more access...more info.
      As far as I know they have a giant number of document prepared for publication. But their secrecy service can't work out such an amount. And thus they can't upload this.
      Also very annoying is absense of maps for corps and smaller units due to that f@cked secrecy.
      Having deal with those guys I can expect more restrictions of access than liberation. They treat researchers as personal enemies and make everything ro make their life worse.

Comment

Hi
        Just letting you know that Pamyat-naroda uploaded a large pack of information to their site.
        Now they contains 5 029 369 records vs ~3 400 000 before update.
        Combat diaries added and many documents for aircraft units.

I need to update my index of records to collect more information abot this update.
        As usual, they are silent themself about details.

Comment

GREAT NEWS!!!

Please keep all of us updated.

Comment

Thanks for the update!
            Leadership is the ability to rise above conventional wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by amvas View Post
              Hi
              Just letting you know that Pamyat-naroda uploaded a large pack of information to their site.
              Now they contains 5 029 369 records vs ~3 400 000 before update.
              Combat diaries added and many documents for aircraft units.

I need to update my index of records to collect more information abot this update.
              As usual, they are silent themself about details.
              Do you have any further news about this upload? I am still seeing a lot of 'new' documents not showing eg. https://pamyat-naroda.ru/documents/view/?id=454840701

Comment

Originally posted by Der Alte Fritz View Post
                Do you have any further news about this upload? I am still seeing a lot of 'new' documents not showing eg. https://pamyat-naroda.ru/documents/view/?id=454840701
                As usual they are silent about technical details of their works.
                New fulltext documents can appeare either tomorrow or by May 9.
                Sorry, it's their usual style of work.the only one thing we can do is to wait for their actions.

Comment

Greetings All

It appears that many of the new docs (not seen yet) are related to artillery issues, combat orders, and directives.

Like:

Operational summary of the artillery headquarters 36 gv. sd

I inform that the artillery units of 66 OMBR had the following losses of the material part

Combat order of the headquarters 112 RD

Operational directive of Staff StalF

Comment

Hello all,
                    These unavailable documents are still unavailable and its long past Victory Day... Any update from TsAMO?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Wong View Post
                      Hello all,
                      These unavailable documents are still unavailable and its long past Victory Day... Any update from TsAMO?
                      They told me they were not allowed to put new documents by the Ministry of Defense.
                      The only one thing I notice that they made more complicated search engine mechanism protected now by dynamic links. It's not seen by ordinary users but has made some troubles for me. Now need to investigate their new puzzles.

Comment

Working...
                      X