Reading Russian on a Map

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading Russian on a Map

Help l needed reading text on a 12 March 1943 64 Army map.

I have the Top of the map text and the Bottom of the map. Any help would be great.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...5&d=1486597822

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...4&d=1486597793
    Attached Files

1/
    Н-к связи 64 армии Подполковник Борисенко
    ------ связи подготавливали

2/
    проводной [?] связи
    сосредоточения частей 64а по состояниию на 12.3.43 г.
    Секретно -- ---

Comment

Maybe he was asking for the translation.
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
        1/
        Н-к связи 64 армии Подполковник Борисенко
        ------ связи подготавливали
        Head of the signals service of the 64th Army Lt. Colonel Borisenko.
        ----- communications prepared...

2/
        проводной [?] связи
        сосредоточения частей 64а по состоянию на 12.3.43 г.
        Секретно -- ---
        wire communications....

Concentration of units of the 64th Army by 12.03.43.
        Secret.-----
        If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Yes I was asking for the Russian text and a translation.

Thanks, this is great...Did anyone read the text next to the two lines Red/Black in the right corner? These must indicate communication links.

Very nice

Comment

Originally posted by Dann Falk View Post
            Yes I was asking for the Russian text and a translation.

Thanks, this is great...Did anyone read the text next to the two lines Red/Black in the right corner? These must indicate communication links.

Very nice
            Yes.
            The red line was: ------ связи
            The black line was: подготавливали

Looking at the photo again, I think the red line states: делать связи - "communications to be made" while the black line states: подготавливали - "communications [already] prepared"

Comment

That makes sense and fits in with the nature of a planning map.

This info is very important for my research into the 64 Army. The map shows the deployment locations of rifle divisions after leaving their rail transportation into this area. This is before moving off to the new front near Belgorod.

Much thanks to all for the translations.

Comment

Translation Help with a Long (one page) Russian text about the 64 Army being changed into the 7 Guards Army

I think this is being ordered by Stalin himself and it's order #195....New Info not found anywhere else.

Any Help with this would be much appreciated!

1 March 43 64 A into 7 GA.jpg

Comment

Translation Help with a Long (one page) Russian text about the 64 Army being changed into the 7 Guards Army

I think this is being ordered by Stalin himself and it's order #195....New Info not found anywhere else.

Any Help with this would be much appreciated!
                  It's quite a general text. Not sure it's of your interest in application to the 64th Army

Comment

Greetings,

Yes this info is of great interest. I might need to add another page or two...

On 16 April 43 Stavka ordered (order # is Unknown) the 64 Army to be promoted to the 7 Guards Army, effective on 1 May 1943.

So there are at least two questions:

1. The Stavka order number is unknown, I have searched and searched. So on this document it lists #195, so this might be the missing order number. Also this might not be a Stavka order but an order directly from Stalin himself. That would explain the low number 195.

2. The order was issued on 16 April 43 but it was delayed until 1 May 1943. The questions is Why? Was this due to the May Day celebration or something else?

Once again there is no need to translate the entire page...just the parts related to the granting of the guards status.

Thanks again!

Comment

Greetings,

Yes this info is of great interest. I might need to add another page or two...

On 16 April 43 Stavka ordered (order # is Unknown) the 64 Army to be promoted to the 7 Guards Army, effective on 1 May 1943.

So there are at least two questions:

1. The Stavka order number is unknown, I have searched and searched. So on this document it lists #195, so this might be the missing order number. Also this might not be a Stavka order but an order directly from Stalin himself. That would explain the low number 195.

2. The order was issued on 16 April 43 but it was delayed until 1 May 1943. The questions is Why? Was this due to the May Day celebration or something else?

Once again there is no need to translate the entire page...just the parts related to the granting of the guards status.

Thanks again!
                      If it makes you happy, here are brief translation:

On May 1'43 was published the order of Stalin Nr. 195. In it stated the next missions to the Red Army:
                      "To all soldiers... to improve their combat skills, fulfill orders, keep discipline and order.
                      To the entire Red Army – to develop successes of the winter fights, not to give the enemy back even a piece of our land. Be ready for future battles. To keep stubborn resistance in defense… In offensive – firmness, correct cooperation of troops and brave maneuver with followed enemy surrounding and annihilation of the enemy.”

Inspired with this historical order of …Stalin sergeant and officers of our army built a strong defense line along the Seversky Donets river, improves their skills preparing for decisive fights…

Comment

Thanks Alex, it does make me happy but as you know, it's not what I was thought it was..

So in a negative way it was good.

I will keep looking for the elusive Stavka Order number.

Thanks again for your Help and Patience

Dann

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X