Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• off topic Russian pop culture

Hello again

As some know from my last post I am currently trying to learn Russian and have become interested in Russian culture. Could some of our Russian friends suggest some sort of media website that has some current Russian music, books, newspapers, TV shows, or Movies? For music tastes I like "power metal", classical, or even some opera. I would appreciate any suggests and again thank the forum for dealing with my questions

Steve

Originally posted by S_R_P
    Hello again

As some know from my last post I am currently trying to learn Russian and have become interested in Russian culture. Could some of our Russian friends suggest some sort of media website that has some current Russian music, books, newspapers, TV shows, or Movies? For music tastes I like "power metal", classical, or even some opera. I would appreciate any suggests and again thank the forum for dealing with my questions

Steve
    Hi, Steve. I can't say I'm experienced in modern music.
    Most of modern Russian pop-music seems to me as noise and nothing more....

I prefer songs under guitar (like Vladimir Vysotsky) and other melodical compositions. Never heard any "metall" style....
    If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Hello, Steve.

You asked a very difficult question. You wanted to get ALL.

I can to propose the following method.

There is a Russian search system YANDEX that is approximately the same as Western YAHOO but it is mainly about the russian part of Internet.

You must come in www.yandex.ru. Then you will see a search window and in the bottom of it you will see the diffrent topics in Russian, e.g. Культура (Culture), Искусство (Art) and so on.

Then you have to choose what you want to explore and to click on the following link.

The yandex-search engine will show you all the most popular Internet sources (mainly Russian ones) in this topic.

So you can to search yourself what you want - movies, songs, music, books and so on.

Of course, it will need the knowledge of the Russian language from you. But you said that you are studying the Russian language.

Comment

Hi Steve,

I thought I would give you examples of some Russian artists to try and help you. I came across this new artist called Olga Stankevich, she is a mix of classical, pop and dance which has me completely hooked!!!! Here is a link to her website so let me know what you think and if I have been any help;

www.olgastankevich.com

Comment

Originally posted by Adz9567 View Post
          Hi Steve,

I thought I would give you examples of some Russian artists to try and help you. I came across this new artist called Olga Stankevich, she is a mix of classical, pop and dance which has me completely hooked!!!! Here is a link to her website so let me know what you think and if I have been any help;

www.olgastankevich.com

Last Activity: 16 Mar 05 16:41
          Кто там?
          Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
          Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X