Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

russian units at the battle of berlin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • russian units at the battle of berlin

    Hello all tried posting this on the battles area am needing information on what russian units and equipment were at the battle of berlin ,round about the area of the gestapo HQ ,and also any photos ,maps etc of it and which german units encountered too ,my club is planning a battle of berlin but around this area in 20mm scale instead of the reichstag as everyone will be doing that so any help would be appreicated ,am planning to get the after the battle book of berlin so anything else that could help would be good thanks .

    Thomas
    owner of the yahoo group for WW1 ,WW2 and Modern TO&Es
    (Tables of organisation & equipment or Unit of action )

    http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/TOandEs/

  • #2
    Russian units in Berlin

    Thomas,
    Since the break-up of the USSR, the history must be changed as well.....

    You must clarify what type units you are looking for....

    Russian,

    Ukrainian

    Uzbek

    Khazak

    Georgian

    Just generically terming ALL units as Russian just might start a "flame-war" here on this topic.

    All kidding aside, I think there is a site if you do a google search....

    Best of luck sir.
    Kevin Kenneally
    Masters from a school of "hard knocks"
    Member of a Ph.D. Society (Post hole. Digger)

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi kevin didnt think of that ! the club are after what battalions,regiments and divisions etc that was involved in the battle ,and what unit took the gestapo HQ anything that might help as if the scenario go`s well at the club it may be used as a display game .
      owner of the yahoo group for WW1 ,WW2 and Modern TO&Es
      (Tables of organisation & equipment or Unit of action )

      http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/TOandEs/

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by thomas.tmcc
        Hello all tried posting this on the battles area am needing information on what russian units and equipment were at the battle of berlin ,round about the area of the gestapo HQ ,and also any photos ,maps etc of it and which german units encountered too ,my club is planning a battle of berlin but around this area in 20mm scale instead of the reichstag as everyone will be doing that so any help would be appreicated ,am planning to get the after the battle book of berlin so anything else that could help would be good thanks .

        Thomas
        Have you checked my map section?
        there are some maps for Berlin operation.

        THis operation isn't very much detailed in my archives

        But I hope in half a year Max Kolomiets will finish his "The 3rd Gds. Tank Army in the battle for Berlin"...
        If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by amvas
          Have you checked my map section?
          there are some maps for Berlin operation.

          THis operation isn't very much detailed in my archives

          But I hope in half a year Max Kolomiets will finish his "The 3rd Gds. Tank Army in the battle for Berlin"...
          Hello amvas yes I did have a look but with some in russian etc ,I cant read it ! ,what units were involved ? any ideas etc .
          owner of the yahoo group for WW1 ,WW2 and Modern TO&Es
          (Tables of organisation & equipment or Unit of action )

          http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/TOandEs/

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by thomas.tmcc
            Hello amvas yes I did have a look but with some in russian etc ,I cant read it ! ,what units were involved ? any ideas etc .
            Have you seen map in English?
            http://www.rkkaww2.armchairgeneral.c...assault_45.jpg

            they are similar with Russian one.
            All ideas about abbreviation you can see in translated maps in other sections. For example
            http://www.rkkaww2.armchairgeneral.c...ic/pribovo.gif

            If any troubles with abbreviations, just ask...
            If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

            Comment


            • #7
              Hello alex got those thanks ,any ideas on which russian units attacked the gestapo HQ ? is there any information available for this area ? ,as I said we want to stay away from the reichstag area as too many people will want to do this so we thought do it somewhere different ,like russian units going to rescue prisoners ,seize documents etc .
              owner of the yahoo group for WW1 ,WW2 and Modern TO&Es
              (Tables of organisation & equipment or Unit of action )

              http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/TOandEs/

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by thomas.tmcc
                Hello alex got those thanks ,any ideas on which russian units attacked the gestapo HQ ? is there any information available for this area ? ,as I said we want to stay away from the reichstag area as too many people will want to do this so we thought do it somewhere different ,like russian units going to rescue prisoners ,seize documents etc .
                So, called "Himmler's house" following Shatilov (Commander of the 150th Rfl. Div.) was taken together by 674th and 756th Rifle Regiments of 150th RD.
                http://www.rkka.ru/memory/reichstag/shatilov.htm

                You can employ some online transaltor to translate this very detailed text. Also it contains numbers of units taking part in events.
                Sorry, I myself just now can't translate everything. Maybe Andrey can help in numbers...

                Also http://militera.lib.ru/memo/russian/...vm2/title.html
                full memoirs of Shatilov with illustrations.
                If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

                Comment


                • #9
                  hi found out it was the 28th or 29th guard corps of the 1st guard tank army ,what divisions were in this corps ? ..
                  owner of the yahoo group for WW1 ,WW2 and Modern TO&Es
                  (Tables of organisation & equipment or Unit of action )

                  http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/TOandEs/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by thomas.tmcc
                    hi found out it was the 28th or 29th guard corps of the 1st guard tank army ,what divisions were in this corps ? ..
                    What are you talking about?

                    Amvas said that the "Himmler's house" was captured by the 150th Rifle Division.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by thomas.tmcc
                      hi found out it was the 28th or 29th guard corps of the 1st guard tank army ,what divisions were in this corps ? ..
                      OOB for the 1st Gds. TA on May 01'45
                      Attached Files
                      If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Andrey
                        What are you talking about?

                        Amvas said that the "Himmler's house" was captured by the 150th Rifle Division.

                        the so called " himmlers house "was up next to the reichstag ,not down at the air ministry ,where the ss and gestapo HQ was ,check out the berlin map .
                        owner of the yahoo group for WW1 ,WW2 and Modern TO&Es
                        (Tables of organisation & equipment or Unit of action )

                        http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/TOandEs/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          see the map where we plan to game .

                          201 is gestapo hq ,and ss hq next to it etc .
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by thomas.tmcc; 21 Mar 05, 15:32.
                          owner of the yahoo group for WW1 ,WW2 and Modern TO&Es
                          (Tables of organisation & equipment or Unit of action )

                          http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/TOandEs/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            ok got some better infomation to show you where we want to do the game,himmlers house was nicknamed by russian troops ? ,it was the "ministry of the interior" next to the river at the reichstag ,as shown on the map we want to game further down from there ,we want to do something different from others ,as most gamers will want to do the reichstag ..

                            Thomas
                            owner of the yahoo group for WW1 ,WW2 and Modern TO&Es
                            (Tables of organisation & equipment or Unit of action )

                            http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/TOandEs/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by amvas
                              OOB for the 1st Gds. TA on May 01'45
                              hi alex thanks what does it mean ? ..
                              owner of the yahoo group for WW1 ,WW2 and Modern TO&Es
                              (Tables of organisation & equipment or Unit of action )

                              http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/TOandEs/

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X