Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Chronicle/Frontline Illustration & other books for sale

Books of "Military Chronicle" series:

Note: any books marked with (TA) are temporarily unavailable.

Defense of Stalingrad - 1942.

On the flanks of Stalingrad: Combat on the middle and upper Don - 1942/43.

On the flanks of Stalingrad: Operations in the Northern Caucasus - 1943.

Defense of the Baltics: Ground forces of the Red Army - 1941

Kiev Defensive Operation - Part 2: The encirclement of the South-Western Front - 1941.

Kiev Defensive Operation - Part 3: Catastrophe near Kiev - 1941.

Operation Barbarossa: Tank battles in the western Ukraine - 1941.

On the Kuban bridgehead: Tank battles in the Kuban - 1943.

Smolensk Battle - Part 1: Confrontation - 1941.

Smolensk Battle - Part 2: Struggle to turn the tide - 1941.

Operation Citadel: Combat on the Northern face of the bulge - 1943.

Vyazma-Bryansk Operation: On the distant approaches to Moscow - 1941.

Struggle for the Crimea - 1941/42.

Liberation of Austria - 1945.

At the gates of Berlin: Elite units of the Reich - 1945.

Books of "Frontline Illustration" series:

Battles in the Ukraine - 1941. (New)

Battle for Kharkov in May 1942. (Updated/revised reprint of original)

Conflict at the Khalhin-Gol river - 1939.

Battle for Moscow - 1941.

Struggle for Belorussia - 1941.

Struggle for the Baltics - 1941.

Battles in the Don bend - 1942.

Defense of the Caucasus - 1942.

History of the KV tank part 1: 1939-1941.

History of the KV tank part 2: 1941-1944.

Captured(trophy) equipment in Red Army service.

Trophies of air battles 1941 - 1945.

Anti-tank Artillery of the Red Army.

Overview:

All books are softcover - printed on high-quality glossy paper. All books are in excellent to mint condition. Each book is 70-80 pages and has 90-130 rare B&W photos from both German and Russian archives(90% have never been published in the west). Each book has anywhere from 3-5 operational maps - majority of maps are at division/brigade level. Of interest to modellers are color diagrams and paint/camouflage schemes of both Soviet and German armor & equipment. A number of books have color illustrations of uniforms worn by soldiers of the Red Army and the Wehrmacht. Main text is in Russian but photos as well as maps & illustrations have Russian/English captions. Highly recommended to anyone interested in the war on the Eastern front.

Price of each book: 15USD. Shipping via USPS - buyer pays shipping cost.

Some samples of the books can be seen here:

http://www.armybook.com/show.html?code=0103019

http://www.armybook.com/show.html?code=0103006

**All questions and inquiries - contact me at [email protected]**

Books of "Military Museum" series:

"Balaton Defensive Operation".

Price: 22USD

112 pages

Hardcover

Russian

Over 270+ B&W photos

6 Operational maps

Color diagrams of Soviet and German combat materiel

Some samples of this book can be seen here:

http://www.armybook.com/summary.html?code=0103001d81

Also available is a book called "IS tanks in combat" - it is a special edition of the excellent Russian armor magazine "Tankomaster". Includes detailed design history of the IS heavy tanks - supplemented with detailed drawings of all major components of the tank(armor, interior, armament, ammunition, engine.. etc.). Comparative analysis with German armor(great photos of 122mm penetrations in German Tigers and Panthers). Detailed overview of the combat history of Guards Heavy Tank regiments & brigades(incl. lists of ALL units equipped with "IS" tanks + unit commanders as well as operations each unit took part in in the course of 1944/45}.

Price: 15USD

78 pages

Russian

155 B&W + color photos

Line drawings

Some samples can be seen here:

http://www.armybook.com/summary.html?code=0103007j76

BOOKS ON SOVIET AVIATION

Unknown battle in the skies over Moscow in 1941/42. Price: 20USD

http://www.aviapress.com/viewonekit.htm?OTH-096

The First Yak(Yak-1). Price: 20USD

http://www.aviapress.com/viewonekit.htm?PLG-005

The story of the MiG-3. Price: 45USD

http://www.aviapress.com/viewonekit.htm?OTH-208

Aviatsiya i Kosmonavtika No.5/6 2004 Special Issue "Pe-2 Dive-bomber". Price: 15USD

http://www.aviapress.com/viewonekit.htm?AVK-200405

Aviatsiya i Kosmonavtika No.5/6 2003 Special Issue "TB-3 Heavy Bomber". Price: 15USD

http://www.aviapress.com/viewonekit.htm?AVK-200305

Air War No.68 "LaGG-3". Price: 10USD

http://www.aviapress.com/viewonekit.htm?OTH-183

ALL BOOKS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION.

**All questions and inquiries - contact me at [email protected]**

Btw, I bought very interesting book of A.Isaev "From Dubno to Rostov"..Detailed text and figures, but poor maps...
    If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Is this a new MC issue? If so, I haven't heard anything about it.

Comment

Originally posted by VDV
        Is this a new MC issue? If so, I haven't heard anything about it.
        Nope, it's a huge 710 page book of AST publishing house

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, I already placed my order.

Comment

does a book with only good detailed maps of all the important operations exist. No need for text, only maps?

BTW, that is a good selection, I may choose some books sometime after Xmas.
            “Die in peace my brothers, but die quietly, so that we hear nothing but the faintest echo of your suffering…”

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger Happy
              does a book with only good detailed maps of all the important operations exist. No need for text, only maps?

BTW, that is a good selection, I may choose some books sometime after Xmas.
              One of the most urgent problems of our historiography is absence of good maps. I can guess why it appeared. I asked my friend who is experienced in working in archives, how to make copies of some maps. He answered, that it’s a big problem. Originals are of huge size and you need to use digital camera for copying, as standard copiers can’t process them (besides they are black/white). But due to internal laws of military archives customers can’t use their own equipment inside archive. And their own photo-copier stuff isn’t experienced in digital cameras. So he told me that he has an idea to teach that official how to use digital camera and in such way to get good copies.
              As for books, Again have to say that most detailed maps are in Frontline Illustration and less in Military Chronicle. If I find some book with good maps of main operations I’ll tell you.
              Just now I ordered one book, which can satisfy this. It contains 32-maps album of operation. But dealing with our literature one can’t be sure in quality of those maps. Term “maps” in this case can mean everything, starting from simple schemas and finishing with fine-detailed maps.
              This book was published in 1958 by military publishing house and I hope it to contain detailed info. (But it’s dammmmn expensive 8((( )
              Also there exist serial “Experience of the War 1941-45” in 26 volumes. It also contains large pack of maps about main operations of 1942-45. But I have only its scans where lots of maps are missed and others have quality from bad to unreadable 8(((
              Hope to search for better quality next summer 8((

Comment

Originally posted by VDV
                Thanks for the heads up, I already placed my order.
                Btw, its cost is about $9-12...
                Just for reference

Comment

It's $14.95 on kniga.com. It's a good thing Isaev also did the latest FI issue "Boi na Ukraine" -- the maps there are excellent. Too bad no english captions though..

Comment

Originally posted by VDV
                    It's $14.95 on kniga.com. It's a good thing Isaev also did the latest FI issue "Boi na Ukraine" -- the maps there are excellent. Too bad no english captions though..
                    $15 isn't much... I hardly could find it here less then for $12. Taking into account shipping cost, $15 is enough.

As for FI issue, I noticed that latest isues have no English captions. It's very sad both for me (as when I publish photos from it I need to pay time for translation) and for all English-speaking readers. I'll ask Max what had happened. Probably they are flooded with currents issues and have no time to transalte

Comment

Any books on Soviet medals and orders? Heroes of the Soviet Union? Cavaliers of the Order of Glory?
                      http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

Comment

Originally posted by dannybou
                        Any books on Soviet medals and orders? Heroes of the Soviet Union? Cavaliers of the Order of Glory?
                        Can't say that I'm occupied with that sort of books
                        Too much subjects for me...

Comment

{I can obtain such books.. but I need to know how much interest there is in this. Books will be in Russian and will most likely cost more than $20.}

Comment

AMVAS,

I would like to make a suggestion about the map problem. Maybe you should contact David Glantz ([email protected]). His 'Forgotten Battles' series has a large number of maps.

Maybe you and him can work together (plus maybe the official in the archives also) to solve the map problem.

regards,

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Konev
                              AMVAS,

I would like to make a suggestion about the map problem. Maybe you should contact David Glantz ([email protected]). His 'Forgotten Battles' series has a large number of maps.

Maybe you and him can work together (plus maybe the official in the archives also) to solve the map problem.

regards,

Craig
                              Thx, Craig for suggestion, but I think it's not time now to make such contacts.
                              1. I'm too busy for become useful for such active person
                              2. I develop my project as Eastern view on WW2. And D. Glantz in any case - Western one even if he use Russian sources.
                              3. In some cases I can't agree with him in interpretation of events and is waiting when our researches pay attention to subjects David investigated
                              4. I'm not professional historian. So I like role of publisher

And most of all I need help of translators...

P.S. You didn't response on my two last mails. Have you changed your e-mail address?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X