Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to speak with everybody

As for Leningrad blockade it was broken in Jan. 1943 and removed in Jan.44

Speaking about Sinyavin operations of 1942 (mentioned Shock Armies). Yep, lots of casaulities and traged of the 2nd Shock Army can be mentioned. But at the same time, those operations saved Leningrad. You remember that after fell of Sevastopol the 11th Army of Manstein was redeployed under Leningrad preparing for its assault. That were elite Reich forces. And they were dissolved in forests of Sinyavino. Also I can remember the 250th Infantry Division (Spain volunteers) operated there. Also could be called elite...

Manstein wrote in his memoirs, that Soviets knew about that redeployment and that's why they made a blow against arriving trrops, but this is wrong. Soviet command was unaware of this facts...
    If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

[QUOTE=Trigger Happy]

It is long discussion if to speak about all points which you said.

Comment

Originally posted by amvas
        Special armies for offensive operations reinforced with additional units especially for this purpose...
        If I'm not mistaken, weren't the Shock Armies very tank and artillery heavy - used much as "breakthrough" units?
        Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
        (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

Originally posted by Andrey
          I was not correct completely.

I meant breaking of ring of blockade. Operation for it began on January, 12th of 1943 by troops of Leningrad and Volkhov Front. In January, 18th of 1943 units of 67th and 2nd Shock Armies connected and to the end of this day souther part of bank of Ladoga Lake was cleared from Germans.

But it is not correct to speak thatr it was end of blackade of Leningrad. It was breaking of ring of blockae and making of land connection between Leningrad and other part of USSR. Blockade finished completely one year later.
          WHEN I WAS IN LENINGRAD, I LIVED WITH A FRIEND OF MINE AND I WENT OUT FOR CIGARRETTES, A VERY OLD MAN OF OVER 80 LIVED NEXT DOOR AND CAME FOR CIGARRETTES WITH ME, SOMETIMES MY HOST WOULD TARNSLATE BETWEEN US, THE MAN HAD BEEN IN THE LENINGRAD MILITIA WHEN HE WAS A YOUNG MAN, AND SAID IT WAS THREE YEARS OF DREAMING OF A STAKE!
          NOW, I CANNOT VISIT THERE ANYMORE, MY FRIEND HAD A HEART ATTACK AND DIED TWO YEARS AGO.
          I'M SHURE THE OLD MAN IS STILL ALIVE, HE SEEMED TO HAVE THAT 'SURVIVOR' LOOK ABOUT HIM, LIKE HE HAD PROMISED HIMSELF OR GOD, WHEN HE WAS IN THE WAR THAT IF HE SURVIVES THIS HE CAN SURVIVE ANYTHING... HE JUST HAD THAT LOOK...
          "SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM" - " If you want peace, prepare for war".

If acted upon in time, ww2 could have been stopped without a single bullet being fired. - Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X