Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koenigsberg Air raid 23 June 1941

Hi guys,

On 23 June 1941 the 1st Bomber Aviation Corps sent bombers to raid Koenigsberg in east Prussia. does anyone know which VVS regiments carried the raid ?

Thanks
    Michel

Originally posted by Michel View Post
    Hi guys,

On 23 June 1941 the 1st Bomber Aviation Corps sent bombers to raid Koenigsberg in east Prussia. does anyone know which VVS regiments carried the raid ?

Thanks
    Michel
    Probably it was the 212nd Long-Range Air Bomber Regiment
    If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Hi Amvas,

Actually 212 DBAP was with 52 Long Range Bomber Aviation Division, 3rd Bomber Aviation Corps. My source - Khozhevnikov - says it was 1st Bomber Aviation Corps (53, 200, 203, 204 DBAP). According to Skripko amd Timin 212 DBAR was bombing Suwalki that day.

thanks
      Michel
      Last edited by Michel; 06 Oct 12, 16:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Michel View Post
        Hi Amvas,

Actually 212 DBAP was with 52 Long Range Bomber Aviation Division, 3rd Bomber Aviation Corps. My source - Khozhevnikov - says it was 1st Bomber Aviation Corps (53, 200, 203, 204 DBAP). According to Skripko amd Timin 212 DBAR was bombing Suwalki that day.

thanks
        Michel
        Aha, I also used Skripko. It wrote about order for 212nd DBAP to bomb Koenigsberg. But I didn't find any record it was performed. That's why I wrote "probably".
        Today I saw that this order was canceled later.

Here it writes on June 22 it was the 40th BAP to bomb Koenigsberg on June 22
        http://www.allaces.ru/cgi-bin/s2.cgi...ct/p/bap40.dat

Also from
        http://www.geroi-vov.ru/doc/6/10/3
        we can learn that it was the 200th DBAP/40th DBAD to bomb Keonigsberg on June 23

Regards
        Alex
        If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X