Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about VVS training units

Hi Guys,

I was asking about "ККЗ" or Курс командиров звеньев for 13 BAD in June 1941. A Course for Section/Flight Commanders - typically three to six aircraft. But this unit had 19 SB's not three or six. One part of my question is why so many with this formation ? Is this unique or standard practice. Another part of my question is: The indidvdual Regiments had traing aircraft as well, which are not usually listed on tables of Organization. So new pilots arriving from flight school were trained within the regiment and the "ККЗ" was a Divisional level school ? But in the group of airfields used by 13 BAD was also the 162 RAP (162 Reserve Training Aviation Regiment). What was their function in the training scheme ?

Originally posted by Michel View Post
    Hi Guys,

I was asking about "ККЗ" or Курс командиров звеньев for 13 BAD in June 1941. A Course for Section/Flight Commanders - typically three to six aircraft. But this unit had 19 SB's not three or six. One part of my question is why so many with this formation ? Is this unique or standard practice. Another part of my question is: The individual Regiments had traing aircraft as well, which are not usually listed on tables of Organization. So new pilots arriving from flight school were trained within the regiment and the "ККЗ" was a Divisional level school ? But in the group of airfields used by 13 BAD was also the 162 RAP (162 Reserve Training Aviation Regiment). What was their function in the training scheme ?
    Курсы Командиров Звеньев /courses for Section/Flight commanders - willb e more correct

Why do you think courses must have 3-6 planes???
    Ordinary flight had 3 planes. but this doesn't mean courses must have the same number of planes. It's not one flight to be trained, but their commanders. So the courses could contain as much airplanes as it was needed for training of future commanders. I would say their number depended on the size of training group of future flight commanders.

162nd Reserve Air Regiment was of the the Western Military District subordination. So, it was much larger training unit than courses
    If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X