Notorious WW2 TV documentaries "suppressed" by the "evil regime"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notorious WW2 TV documentaries "suppressed" by the "evil regime"

Here are three quite controversial TV documentaries which were allegedly "suppressed" by the Russian government. All them were actually shown on state TV channels and came under heavy flak of modern Russian historians. Now you have the opportunity to make your own judgement on them. All videos are provided with English subs of good (albeit not excellent) quality.

Rzhev: General Zhukov's Unknown Battle

Betrayal: The story of a Vlasov's Second Shock Army

The Captive Heroes of Brest

www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Can you give me link to download? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by DANNGOC View Post
      Can you give me link to download? Thanks in advance!
      I've only found them on Youtube. Is it unavailable to watch at the place where you live? The BBC is really bad about "geographical bans" of their documentaries, I wonder if it's the case with Youtube as well.
      www.histours.ru

Comment

Here are three quite controversial TV documentaries which were allegedly "suppressed" by the Russian government. All them were actually shown on state TV channels and came under heavy flak of modern Russian historians. Now you have the opportunity to make your own judgement on them. All videos are provided with English subs of good (albeit not excellent) quality.
        Do you know why they were banned ? What are the facts that weren't appreciated by the government ?
        There are no Nazis in Ukraine. Idiots

Comment

Originally posted by Emtos View Post
          Do you know why they were banned ? What are the facts that weren't appreciated by the government ?
          They have never been banned, however some of our Western "friends" raised such a huge stink that I decided to post the vids so that they could shut up at last. One of the generals said the film about Rzhev wasn't accurate, and imagine what happened to the "Bash Russia" crowd - they got their panties in a wad and started wailing about evil totalitarian Putin eating babies and snacking with TV journos showing the holy truth about the war.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...ad.php?t=79556

http://www.historynet.com/film-spurs...ar-tactics.htm

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...ad.php?t=74675
          www.histours.ru

Comment

They have never been banned, however some of our Western "friends" raised such a huge stink that I decided to post the vids so that they could shut up at last. One of the generals said the film about Rzhev wasn't accurate, and imagine what happened to the "Bash Russia" crowd - they got their panties in a wad and started wailing about evil totalitarian Putin eating babies and snacking with TV journos showing the holy truth about the war.
            OK. I said myself that it was strange to ban something when the movies like "Burned by the sun" or "Shtrafbat" are shown at the TV.
            Last edited by Emtos; 03 Feb 12, 07:14.
            There are no Nazis in Ukraine. Idiots

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X