X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blackcloud6 View Post
    Is that your car?
    Hahaha, no

The book I am reading is: The Winter War: Russia's Invasion of Finland, 1939-1940 by Robert Edwards.
    I'm rather cautious about Western works on the subject as normally they either ignore the Soviet sources and the complexities of Soviet-Finnish relations in the 1920s-1930s. At least this was my impression from a number of Western articles I've read on this war and this kept me away from larger works on the subject. Usually they try to fit it all in a simple "Jedis of the Rebels vs Evil Empire" frame while the reality was quite different.
    www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

Originally posted by ShAA View Post
      Hahaha, no

I'm rather cautious about Western works on the subject as normally they either ignore the Soviet sources and the complexities of Soviet-Finnish relations in the 1920s-1930s. At least this was my impression from a number of Western articles I've read on this war and this kept me away from larger works on the subject. Usually they try to fit it all in a simple "Jedis of the Rebels vs Evil Empire" frame while the reality was quite different.
      The book does cover the pre-war situation in the first few chapters and covers the relations going back.
      Blackcloud6

Refighting World War II - One hex at a time!

Comment

Thanks

For taking me on your vacation.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X