Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deployment of 213 and 214 SBAPs in June 1941

Hi Guys,

As a long shot I thought I would ask a question about the 213th and 214th Swift Bomber Aviation Regiment's (23 MAD) Deployment in June 1941. List No. 12 and Allaces both show these units at the front on 25 June 1941. The Sbornik (СБОРНИКБОЕВЫХ ДОКУМЕНТОВ ВЕЛИКОЙ ОТЕЧЕСТВЕННОЙ ВОЙНЫ) gives only one reference to the 214th SBAP flying a recon mission on 28 June and nothing else. I know they were equiped with SB-2s but how many, where they were based, what operation they flew in...no information. Any clues, leads, Russian language sources would be helpful.

Thanks
    Oquaig

Originally posted by Michel View Post
    Hi Guys,

As a long shot I thought I would ask a question about the 213th and 214th Swift Bomber Aviation Regiment's (23 MAD) Deployment in June 1941. List No. 12 and Allaces both show these units at the front on 25 June 1941. The Sbornik (СБОРНИКБОЕВЫХ ДОКУМЕНТОВ ВЕЛИКОЙ ОТЕЧЕСТВЕННОЙ ВОЙНЫ) gives only one reference to the 214th SBAP flying a recon mission on 28 June and nothing else. I know they were equiped with SB-2s but how many, where they were based, what operation they flew in...no information. Any clues, leads, Russian language sources would be helpful.

Thanks
    Oquaig
    Hi, Mike

http://www.forum-tvs.ru/index.php?showtopic=82478&st=75
    You can find here placement of air units on June 22
    From there we can see they were deployed in Idritsa and Rzhev respectively

I also saw information that the 213rd and 214th SBAP/23rd MAD were deployed (maybe after June 22) at Shatalovo(Shatalovka) airfield near Pochinok town (Smolensk region)

Regards
    Alex
    If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Thank you very much Alex,
      This is an interesting site with a lot of interesting links, including the one about the VVS pacific fleet escadrille. Very hard to find stuff.
      As for213th and 214th SBAP, the info that it was at Idritsa is interesting, it means they were flying missions against 4 Panzer group. 95 and 134 SBAP of 46 MAD were doing the same thing the beginning of July. They flew from their base at Rzhev and used Vitebsk and Opochka as forward airfields. 402nd IAP was based at Idritsa with an unidentified bomber unit, so I am guessing now it was 213th SBAP.

Thanks again Alex
      Michel

Comment

Originally posted by Michel View Post
        Thank you very much Alex,
        This is an interesting site with a lot of interesting links, including the one about the VVS pacific fleet escadrille. Very hard to find stuff.
        As for213th and 214th SBAP, the info that it was at Idritsa is interesting, it means they were flying missions against 4 Panzer group. 95 and 134 SBAP of 46 MAD were doing the same thing the beginning of July. They flew from their base at Rzhev and used Vitebsk and Opochka as forward airfields. 402nd IAP was based at Idritsa with an unidentified bomber unit, so I am guessing now it was 213th SBAP.

Thanks again Alex
        Michel
        Welcome
        If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X