Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl Schwamberg
    replied
    It seems Eric was getting his information from a translated order. He did not write if the date of the order was translated, or who the order was from.

"Carl: Thanx for the go-between, it was a translated Russian order of battle for the 13 Tank Corps even tho it was a Mech Corps. Strange but true! "

Leave a comment:

• Sharposhnikov
    replied
    The 13th was organized as a mechanized corps, with 13th Tank Brigade, 17th, 61st and 62nd Mechanized Brigades by 1 November 1942, but it was not designated as a Mechanized Corps until it received its Guards title, when the "13th Tank Corps" became the "4th Guards Mechanized Corps" in January 1943. As far as I know, the 13th was the only 'Tank Corps' to have such a peculiar organization
    During November 1942 it also included the 565th Antitank Regiment, 398th Antiaircraft Regiment and 214th Sapper (Combat Engineer) Battalion. The tank units in the mechanized brigades were 44th Tank Regiment in 17th Brigade, 176th Tank Regiment in 61st Brigade, and 163rd Tank Regiment in 62nd Brigade.

Leave a comment:

• amvas
    replied
    Originally posted by Carl Schwamberg View Post
    My good friend Eric Bonner is fighting with his ACG password again. he asked me to thank you both for the help

"...Could you do me a favor? My password & user name arent, as usual, working at the Armchair I wanted to let the TO&E, OOB people that were kind enough to let me know about the 13 whatever corps that Ive found out that it designation was 13 tank corps but it was set up as a mech corps in late October 1942. "
    good luck in these heavy fights

No, it was reorganized into the 4th Guards Mechanized Corps only on Jan 9'43

Leave a comment:

• Carl Schwamberg
    replied
    My good friend Eric Bonner is fighting with his ACG password again. he asked me to thank you both for the help

"...Could you do me a favor? My password & user name arent, as usual, working at the Armchair I wanted to let the TO&E, OOB people that were kind enough to let me know about the 13 whatever corps that Ive found out that it designation was 13 tank corps but it was set up as a mech corps in late October 1942. "

Leave a comment:

• leachjeff
    replied
    Pretty sure that after 1941 where were no Mechanized Corps numbered higher than 10 and (without checking closely) none numbered higher than 6 before 1943.

Leave a comment:

• amvas
    replied
    Originally posted by eric w bonner View Post
    Looking for OOB for the Soviet 13 Mech Corps, 21 Nov 1942. Would also like to know the commanders of brigades & regiments in the 13 Mech. Thanx, Eric W Bonner
    Here were no 13th Mechcorps in 1942.
    Maybe you mean the 13th Tank Corps?

http://www.tankfront.ru/ussr/tk/tk13.html

regards
    Alex

Leave a comment:

• eric w bonner
    started a topic Soviet 13 Mech Corps Nov 1942

Soviet 13 Mech Corps Nov 1942

Looking for OOB for the Soviet 13 Mech Corps, 21 Nov 1942. Would also like to know the commanders of brigades & regiments in the 13 Mech. Thanx, Eric W Bonner

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X