No announcement yet.

pakfront

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm it is strange, I have visited a lot of shady websites in all languages including hacker sites and deep Webb places and never got a virus and I only use AVG free.
    “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

hmm it is strange, I have visited a lot of shady websites in all languages including hacker sites and deep Webb places and never got a virus and I only use AVG free.
      Poor viruses were killed by your frozen, nordic computer...
      There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

Comment

Originally posted by DidJuno View Post
        I read the description on wikipedia and would like to get more information on its implementation and evolution as a tactic.

Any help would be appreciated.
        Although not specified to period or technically in depth as employment, the Pak front is usually regarded as a tactic of placement. Instead of scattering the AT unit (Bn./ Reg.) to support the whole Inf. Regiment or division the units was placed together on strategically important points, often routs that could handle heavy vehicles and in groups supporting each other. This way in stead of running into 2 or three AT pieces in your sector you get a dozen.

Down side with the tactic was that AT losses was high if struck by artillery (or air) or out flanked by enemy armour as they simply drove them over.

Although credited as a Russian invention intentionally or not German AT units could also deploy in groups, similar to a Pak front, if situation demanded, for as early as during Barbarossa (the earliest I know of, ie havn't read much on France or Poland). They however don't seem to regard them as actual Pak front by name until the late war when the German army was on the defensive.

I think it's something that appeared a little now and then on both sides but was not taken serious and receive widespread acknowledgment until after Kursk.

As for the cultural differences between eastern and western style of recording military data and writing historical accounts we should have a special thread for this to do some serious open minded discussion, not mongering around here.

/Pappy
        "Charley Dont´t Surf."

Comment

Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
          Yeah, like it was soooo difficult for the Germans to produce and translate their books.

Availability makes a huge difference.

BTW- I was using Google when I got hit by that virus.
          If I may interject, obtain "Anti-tank Warfare" by Biryukov & Melnikov>
          It contains all the answers to your questions, with diagrams, in English.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X