Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks a lot, mate! This song is a serious headache to reconstruct, it looks as if it is made from like 3 separate songs put together!

If you had some luck with the Border Guards' March, you would make me quite happy, thanks again!

Comment

• Hello , all venerable members of the forum ,
      To SY Chun : I have been looking , like you , for a long time , for one of my fondest memories , as you wrote :
      Radio Moscow's interval signal , when I discovered this forum . I have ,fortunately , found it a few days ago .

According to your description , it seems that it is the same "jewel" and I sincerely hope that it is .
      Open Windows Media Player , copy-paste this URL :
      http://www.intervalsignals.net/files..._pmd_c1990.m3u
      Then , File > save as ...MP3
      Edit the saved file with appropriate software in order to obtain a better quality ,
      Enjoy when you want , and say : спасибо россия - Spasiba Rassiya - (thank you Russia)

N.B : It's an adaptation from the song "Подмосковные Вечера" (Padmaskovniye Vetchera) usually translated :

Moscow Nights .
      Here are links to the song :
      http://www.sovmusic.ru/english/downl...fname=podmoskv >>by Vladimir Troshin
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB0Z59b5-0U >>by Vladimir Troshin
      http://www.sovmusic.ru/english/downl...?fname=podmsk2

Comment

• В зеленых фуражках,
        Овеяны славой,
        Солдаты идут вдоль границы родной.
        Не дремлют советские наши заставы
        И зорко следят за чужой стороной.

И день, и ночь
        Граница на крепком замке.
        И день, и ночь
        В могучей и верной руке.
        Парит ли зной,
        Поземка лесная ль метет -
        И день, и ночь
        Солдат свою службу несет.

Пехота, матросы
        Пилоты, танкисты -
        Советское войско – большая семья!
        И мы на границе – солдаты-чекисты -
        Гордимся, что мы той семьи сыновья!

И день, и ночь
        И день, и ночь
        В могучей и верной руке.
        Парит ли зной,
        Поземка лесная ль метет -
        И день, и ночь
        Солдат свою службу несет.

И если незваные гости посмеют
        На нашу советскую землю ступить,
        Бойцы на границе принять их сумеют
        И первыми вражий удар отразить.
        В зеленых фуражках,
        Овеяны славой,
        Солдаты идут вдоль границы родной.
        Не дремлют советские наши заставы
        И зорко следят за чужой стороной.

И день, и ночь
        И день, и ночь
        В могучей и верной руке.

I myself listened it and wrote what I heard

Comment

• Thanks again!

Perhaps it might be a good idea to upload these lyrics to the Soviet Music site, since it is, to my knowledge, the most definitive collection of soviet songs and lyrics on the web (the first song, "Chant du soldat Russe" probably isn't soviet, but it is on the site anyway).

Comment

• DDT - Born In the USSR

Comment

• Hi, Russian experts

I'm a Vietnamese. Back in the 70s and 80s, when I was in school, and when Vietnam and CCCP maintained close relations in almost every aspects of life, I learned many Soviet WWII era songs in their Vietnamese version. Many of them constitute a fond memory of my childhood.

Several years ago, with the marvel of the Internet, most notably Napster (RIP) , I managed to track down most of these songs in their original Russian version, and I enjoyed them anew immensely. To name a few: "Orlionok" or "Vetcher na reide".

However, there is a prominent exception. I haven't been able, during the years, to locate a song, which back then in Vietnamese was entitled "Leningrad Boy". I still can remember most of the lyrics (unfortunately only in Vietnamese) after 30 years. It went like this (rough translation from Vietnamese ):

In the City of Lenin,
              there was a little boy,
              wandering days and nights,
              on narrow streets.
              Everywhere he went,
              he carried with him,
              a water canteen,
              like heroic Red Army soldiers.

[snip to make it short]

A girl came to meet the marching soldiers,
              The morning, she went there,
              Fetched this deliciously cold water,
              and presented the boy with this full canteen.

Then came that night of intense fighting,
              the boy valiantly sacrificed himself,
              when the bombs stopped falling,
              at the bottom of the canteen,
              there his name was carved.

The glittering fire of hatred erupted,
              The hour has come,
              We swear to fight the enemy to the death,
              We promise you, little boy,
              That we'll bring you,
              a full canteen of Berlin's water,
              to your grave.

Perhaps any of you may recall what is the original Soviet song title, lyrics, place to download? I'll be immensely obliged!

Thank you,
              Last edited by altus; 26 Mar 08, 13:27.

Comment

• Hi again, I was wondering whether anyone had a link to the song "My stoboi kazaki" (We are both Cossacks) or if someone knew the lyrics to it; I have only listened to it on youtube by a children's chorus (not bad, but I prefer those mighty Russian voices of a male chorus):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ABBhRp6bn0

It is the song after "Katyusha".

Also, I was wondering as to the name and lyrics of the following song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqUj0uD1QaQ

I know it is tsarist (I get something like "tak za tsarya za rodinu za veru my gryanem gromkoe ura"...), but don't shoot me, comrades, I just like the music... :P

Comment

• Originally posted by TovChapaev View Post

I know it is tsarist (I get something like "tak za tsarya za rodinu za veru my gryanem gromkoe ura"...), but don't shoot me, comrades, I just like the music... :P
                  It is a song of Whites in the Civil War of 1918-22.

This song is ok for modern Russians.

It was singed at first in the movie of "Days of the Turbins" about the Whites in Kiev in 1918. This movie was done in Soviet time.

Comment

• Originally Posted by TovChapaev:

It is named "The Song of Wise Oleg" (or 'The Song Of Oleg The Wise'). The main lyric was written by Alexabder Pushkin in 1822: http://lukoshko.net/pushk/pushk7.shtml (sorry, I have not found the English translation). Later on (I think far before the civil War in Russia, probably already in 19th century), the text (in shorten form + added refrain) was transformed into a song.

You can listen it also here: http://pesni.voskres.ru/music/valaa.htm - performed by the male shoir "Valaamo". Direct link: http://pesni.voskres.ru/mp3/?song=valaa06

See also:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Pushkin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oleg_of_Novgorod

P.S.: I'll not shoot you, comrade, for your love for tsarist songs ;-) - I'm a monarchist...

Comment

• Originally Posted by TovChapaev: Hi again, I was wondering whether anyone had a link to the song "My stoboi kazaki" (We are both Cossacks) or if someone knew the lyrics to it...
                      Sorry, but I can offer only the Russian text:

'Мы с тобой казаки' ('My s toboyu kazaki' - We are both cossaks)

Мы с тобой казаки
                      Дети русского поля
                      Наша родина здесь
                      У Кубани реки.
                      Наш устав и закон:
                      Честь, свобода и воля,
                      Мы с тобой казаки,
                      Мы с тобой казаки.

Любим землю свою
                      Мы, как мать, без обмана,
                      Хотя служба и жизнь
                      Нам порой не с руки,
                      Казаки - это Русь,
                      Что не ведает пана,
                      Слава Боже тебе,
                      Что мы есть казаки.

Пусть бывает порой
                      Мы немного не правы,
                      Да простит нас Господь,
                      Да простят старики.
                      Мы - священная Русь,
                      Мы - опора державы,
                      Мы с тобой казаки,
                      Мы с тобой казаки.

P.S.: My love cossaks song: http://pesni.voskres.ru/mp3/?song=valaa15 - The Anthem Of Don Cossacks.
                      Last edited by Vitaly; 26 Apr 08, 07:12.

Comment

• Thank you both so much for the replies and useful info and links, friends!

This song is ok for modern Russians.
                        I was wondering about this issue of late myself; is it ok in modern Russia for someone to like and advertize Russian songs from either the Tsarist or the Communist era? Is either of them looked down upon? I am asking in good faith, not trying to start a debate at all, I just want to know more about the modern Russian "character" so to speak.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vitaly View Post
                          Sorry, but I can offer only the Russian text:

'Мы с тобой казаки' ('My s toboyu kazaki' - We are both cossaks)

Мы с тобой казаки
                          Дети русского поля
                          Наша родина здесь
                          У Кубани реки.
                          Наш устав и закон:
                          Честь, свобода и воля,
                          Мы с тобой казаки,
                          Мы с тобой казаки.

Любим землю свою
                          Мы, как мать, без обмана,
                          Хотя служба и жизнь
                          Нам порой не с руки,
                          Казаки - это Русь,
                          Что не ведает пана,
                          Слава Боже тебе,
                          Что мы есть казаки.

Пусть бывает порой
                          Мы немного не правы,
                          Да простит нас Господь,
                          Да простят старики.
                          Мы - священная Русь,
                          Мы - опора державы,
                          Мы с тобой казаки,
                          Мы с тобой казаки.

P.S.: My love cossaks song: http://pesni.voskres.ru/mp3/?song=valaa15 - The Anthem Of Don Cossacks.
                          'You and me are Cossacks'
                          You and me are Cossacks,
                          We are children of a Russian field
                          Our Motherland is here,
                          Neraly the Kuban-river.
                          Our regulations and law are
                          Honor, freedom and will.
                          You and me are Cossacks,
                          You and me are Cossacks.

We love our land
                          Like mother, without lies
                          Although our service and life
                          Are difficult.
                          The Cossacks are the heart of Russia,
                          They don't stand a master
                          Thank God that we, Cossacks,
                          Exist.

Sometimes we are wrong
                          A little
                          Excuse us, God,
                          Excuse us, Oldmen.
                          We are holly Russia,
                          We are the basis of the state,
                          You and me are Cossacks,
                          You and me are Cossacks.

Comment

• Originally posted by TovChapaev View Post
                            I was wondering about this issue of late myself; is it ok in modern Russia for someone to like and advertize Russian songs from either the Tsarist or the Communist era? Is either of them looked down upon? I am asking in good faith, not trying to start a debate at all, I just want to know more about the modern Russian "character" so to speak.
                            Modern Russians like Russia, they like the glory oftheir state.

There were glorious things in pre-Communist Russia (we don't call it Tsarist Russia, we call it Russia in comparison to the USSR.) The glorious things that had been done by Russians in pre-revolutionary Russia were glorified even in the USSR.

There were glorious things that were done in the time of the USSR like the victory in WWII, the first flight in the Cosmos and so on.

The Whites now are considered mainly as heroes who fought against the Bolshevicks. But not all of them were good guys. The Reds who fought in the Civil War made many crimes that can be considered a genocide but they believed they were building new happy life for all and not for a horst of rich people. It was app. like the Civil War in the US - there were no absolutely good and absolutely bad sides. Now the Russians sympathy with Whites more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrey View Post
                              The Whites now are considered mainly as heroes who fought against the Bolshevicks. But not all of them were good guys.
                              Hi Andrey. I would ask You about these cited words. Which of the Whites are considered as heros and which of them as traitors or "bad guys", in today Russia? I'm interesting mostly on high command as Kolchak, Wrangel, Denikin...
                              Regards
                              - Your Highness, the enemy is so numerous... they outnumber your army.
                              - My friend, first I beat 'em then I'll count 'em
                              (Polish King Jan III Sobieski during his campaigns)

Historia Wojskowa Portal Historyczno-Wojskowy phw.org.pl

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                                Hi Andrey. I would ask You about these cited words. Which of the Whites are considered as heros and which of them as traitors or "bad guys", in today Russia? I'm interesting mostly on high command as Kolchak, Wrangel, Denikin...
                                Regards
                                Kolchak, Denikin, Vrangel, Alekseev, Kornilov, Yudenich - good guys.

The best White forces were concentrated in the southern Russia in the region of northern Caucasus, Kuban, Don, and Crimea where many officers-patriots had run from revolutionary regions of Central Russia.

Some of the Whites operated like cruel dictators in their zone of responsobility. They were like Saddam Hussein (Iraq), Pinochet (Chili) or Franko (Spain). Semenov (Cossack Ataman in the Far East, in the 30th-40th cooperated with Japanese in Manchuria, after WWII he was executed) is a good example of such bad guys.

Some White leaders were carpet-baggers or people who thought about own persinal interests and not about the fate of Russia. For example, some of Kolchaks Generals were incompetent scoundrels.

Petliura (Ukainian nationalist who can be considered a White), Hetman Skoropadskii (Ukrainian White) in Kiev in 1918 - also bad guys. The first one was a nationalist, the second one was incompetent scoundrel who drunk vodka in restaurants of Kiev under the protection of German occupation forces and betrayed his subordinate Whites when the Germans went away after the revolution in Germany.

The Whites in Midle Asia were local small princes. Their subordinates were called "basmachi" and were very cruel. They were like Taliban soldiers in Afghanistan. The situation in the Middle Asian part of Russia during the Civil War was like in Afghanistan in the 80th. The local tribesmen of Afghanistan were good only in American movies like "Rambo-3".

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X