X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SY Chun View Post
    Dear Andrey,

I happened to drop into this forum and was totally overwhelmed by your resoursefulness. Though I am completely new to this type of forum, your post made me feel comfortable to ask some help on one of my quest.

Well, one of my fondest memories back to 60s and 70s was listening to Radio Moscow broadcasted to oversea. I liked the signal tune particulary. Now I know the tune/song was "shiroka strana moya rodnaya". I tried from time to time over years to find the music tune, but never successed. The Radio Moscow signal tune was a full orchestra version, but what I was able to find mostly were vocal. Could you be able to advise me how to approach to an orchestra version of "shiroka strana moya rodnaya". And some story about the song. For me at those time in my country, listening to the station was regarded as an espionage.

Hi SY Chun

maybe you'll find the right version here :

http://musicmp3.spb.ru/mp3/4825/sovetskie_pesni.htm

-------------
    To Andrey,
    I listened Radio Moscow too in the past. I was a Soviet spy

Comment

• To Andrey

do you have the text of donskaya_pesnya
      ( "Шли по степи полки со славой громкой, шли день и ночь со склона и на склон... " ) ?
      Last edited by .sergio.; 22 Jan 08, 09:42.

Comment

• Thanks for making this available; I've always been a fan of the Red Army Choir and that kind of music, small downside-some of the links are broken (not sure which, I tried DLing the songs a while back and so I forgotten which don't work and which do, and since the songs I downloaded have unrecognizable names, I can't help there)

Any personal favorites? I think I got to page 3 or 4 before it got too difficult to try and correct the crazy characters that my computer changed it town once it was downloaded (don't have Cyrillic text installed)
        And it's over the mountain and over the Main,
        Through Gibralter, to France and Spain.
        Pit a feather tae your bonnet, and a kilt aboon your knee,
        Enlist my bonnie laddie and come awa with me.

Comment

• I collect vinyl, and there are always so many Red Army Choir LP's in the $1 bins! Or "Songs of the Revolution" type LP's...oh man this stuff is NOT hard to find, well post-war of course.

Comment

• I just have CDs and what I can find on the internet because I've never actually seen a record player...

Here's a good site by the way, Russian/Soviet Music

Comment

• They even have USB turntables now. Check it out: http://www.amazon.com/Ion-iTTUSB-Tur.../dp/B000BUEMOO

Comment

• 'oly crap. I should say i've never seen a "working" record player. Supposedly my family had one, but as long as I can remember it never worked-and we tossed it ~'94

Comment

• Originally posted by Emil_G View Post
                  I collect vinyl, and there are always so many Red Army Choir LP's in the $1 bins! Or "Songs of the Revolution" type LP's...oh man this stuff is NOT hard to find, well post-war of course.
                  I know what you mean, I mostly don´t even need to pay for them , they are just happy to get rid of them..
                  “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

• When I was a kid we had an authentic war-era 78 RPM single of "Here the Soldiers March" and I, being a little brat of a kid, broke it like a dumbass trying to play it on our modern record player.

Comment

• Hey, is that "There March the Soldiers" on my link? If so, I'm very disappointed in you!

Comment

• Yeah it is, I am disappointed in me too.

Comment

• Shame on you! Okey I nearly broke our record player when I tried to play some LP:s I don´t understand modern technology.
                          “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

• soviet music and buttrock

I have a few CD's of Red Army Choir stuff but most of my vinyl is my parent's ancient buttrock. I've got a good amount of soviet music on my computer but I'll have to look around for some good revoulutionary music on vinyl as well. Internet's probably my best bet on that.
                            The mind of man knows no employment more worthy of its powers than the quest of
                            righteousness in human affairs; no goal of its labours that is superior to the discovery of the good in the guidance of life.

Comment

• Two Turntables and a Microphone....and a drum machine....

Originally posted by Erkki View Post
                              Shame on you! Okey I nearly broke our record player when I tried to play some LP:s I don´t understand modern technology.
                              I use the real stuff....

"This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
                                awesome, that.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X