History v. Propaganda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History v. Propaganda

There are always two, or more, sides to every historical event.

More...

Feed Source

Originally posted by Great History View Post
    There are always two, or more, sides to every historical event.

More...

Feed Source

First of all, about the Imelda part of the blog entry, I come from the town (now city) in the Philippines known as the country's shoe capital and we have a museum that holds quite a number of Imelda's shoes. It is now part of "history" although of course, since it is so recent, I can still have an observation of what truly transpired but my view would not be considered a complete version of the past because of variables like objectivity and biases against the subject of the historical information I am contributing.

That leads me to say that isn't history propaganda anyway? As a historian, yes, it is our mission to present the complete story from all facets of the subject we are researching and discussing from as much information as we can gather. However, the records we research, the documents we read, other archival mementos we look at, aren't they all propaganda from whomever they came from? Most of the history we know of the western world comes from the white male perspective because those are the records that were kept and as great a researcher one can be, there is very little to find in the ordinary, "minority" versions of these parts of the world's history because the former's version of what happened is what is considered to be the truth.

I know there are much more to argue about this subject but for now, that is what my tired brain can make at this time of the night. I know someone will pounce on my points soon enough!
    De nihilo nihil. - Persius

Nemo solus satis sapit. - Plautus

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X