Help on Cuban Missile Crisis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on Cuban Missile Crisis

Hello all - I am writing an article on Cmdr. V. Archipov and am stuck on a few sources, was hoping a military person might help.

Anyone have any leads on debriefing sources (Soviet) when the Operation Anadyr subs returned to port? Specifically on Cmdr. Vasilli Archipov?

Also, anyone know if there might be any documents still around that focused on the psychological profiles of the Command Staff (Submarine) for the above operation?

I would also like to interview any retired Naval personnel who were either involved with the October 1962 Blockade or part of the U2 flyovers of Cuba!

THANKS!
    Kelvin Richardson

Originally posted by researchprof1 View Post
    Hello all - I am writing an article on Cmdr. V. Archipov and am stuck on a few sources, was hoping a military person might help.

Anyone have any leads on debriefing sources (Soviet) when the Operation Anadyr subs returned to port? Specifically on Cmdr. Vasilli Archipov?

Also, anyone know if there might be any documents still around that focused on the psychological profiles of the Command Staff (Submarine) for the above operation?

I would also like to interview any retired Naval personnel who were either involved with the October 1962 Blockade or part of the U2 flyovers of Cuba!

THANKS!
    Kelvin Richardson
    Hello mate.You might want to put this in another forum as this is one of the lesser known ones. You might try the Cold War section. The Latin American section. As you're after Russian sources, try the Russian section, those guys like to chat, even though they can be a bit blunt ... Actually the Russian sources might be the place to go. Also if you're after U2 info try the air power forum, some very knowledgeable guys in there... Spread your net a bit... I only noticed this because I'm massively interested in the Cuban missile crisis myself. Anything of interest you might have I would be very grateful for.. Cheers..

Comment

Cuban Missile Crisis

Greetings Guys;

May haps be, this will help some. Unfortunately there web site
      is not longer active.....

Mike
      Attached Files

... A gun is like a parachute - If you need one and do not have one, you probably will not need one again ...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X