Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know. Please only send real issues not things like I hate the colors of the site or the site looks cheap now. I am trying to get as many issues fixed for you as i can and If i have to read through stuff like that it's going to take me longer to get stuff fixed.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

They needed 'em not feeded 'em - Bootneck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They needed 'em not feeded 'em - Bootneck

About time a REAL bootneck put a word in here!! I was in the Royal Marines from 1943 till 1946, it was during a time when 'They needed 'em not feeded 'em. lcm1
    'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
    " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Lets see, as I understand it, due to a fouled prop on your LCM at a Norman Beach, you went ashore & continued to carry the fight to the Ratzis with your shore bound Royal Marine mates for the duration...

Not only are you a great hero of mine... for a great many, if not most or all assembled, we are quite privileged to have come to know you, mon ami!

Enh, there is no smilie, no animation, no emoticon that could properly express my gratitude & respect, so I shall not even attempt with one, Marine.

Wes
    On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral View Post
      Lets see, as I understand it, due to a fouled prop on your LCM at a Norman Beach, you went ashore & continued to carry the fight to the Ratzis with your shore bound Royal Marine mates for the duration...

Not only are you a great hero of mine... for a great many, if not most or all assembled, we are quite privileged to have come to know you, mon ami!

Enh, there is no smilie, no animation, no emoticon that could properly express my gratitude & respect, so I shall not even attempt with one, Marine.

Wes
      Merci, Mon Admirale, but it was not quite that simple, the crew of six of which I was one were 'donated' to an army commando while our craft was repaired. This took us into the early Caen battles, then back to the beach to pick up our repaired craft, back home just long enough to be reformed into a L.A.I.B. (33rd) and back to France,Belgium and Germany. Nothing Heroic, there were hundreds like me many of us teenagers. lcm1
      'By Horse by Tram'.

" Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Thank you for what you've done for us

As Wes mentioned, it's not sufficient, but it's the best we have here:
        Three Reichs and you're out.

Comment

Originally posted by Immelmann View Post
          Thank you for what you've done for us

As Wes mentioned, it's not sufficient, but it's the best we have here:
          Ah, Immelmann, glad to see you are back. Cheers, lcm1
          'By Horse by Tram'.

" Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

And St. George... (I believe is what is sent to The US/UK Marines on New Years, if they still do that kind of thing). You're alive, so you must have done well. Well Done! I served too, in the USMC and had many a good time with Royal Marines and others from around the Globe.
            In Vino Veritas

Comment

Originally posted by dongar1 View Post
              And St. George... (I believe is what is sent to The US/UK Marines on New Years, if they still do that kind of thing). You're alive, so you must have done well. Well Done! I served too, in the USMC and had many a good time with Royal Marines and others from around the Globe.
              Hi dongar, I quite believe it, men that live on an uncertain edge know how to enjoy themselves! lcm1
              'By Horse by Tram'.

" Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Originally posted by lcm1 View Post
                Hi dongar, I quite believe it, men that live on an uncertain edge know how to enjoy themselves! lcm1
                I have in recent times been awarded the French 'Legion of Honour' for the modest part I played in the liberation of Normandy. Needless to say, I wear it with pride on suitable occasions. lcm1
                'By Horse by Tram'.

" Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Originally posted by lcm1 View Post
                  I have in recent times been awarded the French 'Legion of Honour' for the modest part I played in the liberation of Normandy. Needless to say, I wear it with pride on suitable occasions. lcm1
                  And, of course, they give that to just anybody.
                  Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

As they say in the States, my friend...

Better Late Than Never!

So, then, Ken... I'm quite sure that you wear it for all that can't or couldn't...

Tis that which makes you an even bigger hero than most of us might ever know...

A Respectful Congrats, Mate...

The Honor Of Knowing You Is Ours!

Wes
                    On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral View Post
                      As they say in the States, my friend...

Better Late Than Never!

So, then, Ken... I'm quite sure that you wear it for all that can't or couldn't...

Tis that which makes you an even bigger hero than most of us might ever know...

A Respectful Congrats, Mate...

The Honor Of Knowing You Is Ours!

Wes
                      I must say this Me Lord Admiral, I have never, then or now, considered myself to be a Hero. Also like many others feel distinctly uncomfortable when being referred to as such. I was a Mister Nobody that spent my service life carrying out orders to the best of my ability Never ever dreaming for over 70 years that such an award would ever be bestowed upon me. My only regret though, is my Wife or Mum and Dad were 'not with us'. I can only imagine how proud they would have been. I am not having a go at you Admiral, just talking about how I feel. I tell you what though, you are right about the pride in wearing it!! It got me on the WA newsreels this last Anzac Day! lcm1
                      'By Horse by Tram'.

" Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Ask your good son Paul what he thinks of that award. Ask him what he thinks of you is even a greater reward.

What ever, you have my respect with or without the award.
                        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                          Ask your good son Paul what he thinks of that award. Ask him what he thinks of you is even a greater reward.

What ever, you have my respect with or without the award.
                          'Let sleeping dogs lay undisturbed'.
                          'By Horse by Tram'.

" Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Working...
                          X