Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

First Marine to post

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • First Marine to post

    Thought I would post my unit and when I served in the USMC(R). I went into boot camp in August of 1989 in San Diego. After boot camp I went to Marine Combat training in March of 1990. Then went to my first reserve unit, 1st Battalion, 23rd Marines in Houston Texas. During Desert Storm I finally went to my MOS school, 2311 Ammunition Tech at Redstone Arsenal Alabama. After getting back from there I moved to Chicago and was with 2nd Battalion, 24 Marines. Oooooh-rah.

  • #2
    Thanks for sharing.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks indeed.....

      I was with the 1st Bn 7th Marines, 1st Mar Div. The 2nd Bn 8th Marines 2nd Mar Div. And 1st Bn 4th Marines.

      I was in from 1976 to 1988.
      In Vino Veritas

      Comment


      • #4
        Mates, Mates... READ the Unit Forum Scope.

        Each of you should start your own thread.

        As well, any individual threads about any Unit, itself, is also encouraged.

        As each of you speak for yourself, so, too, will others of common experience find & interact within your own or the common Unit threads...

        As well, you in theirs!

        If ya keep pilin into one thread, we may as well have simply not created the forum & instead encouraged folks to talk about it where ever else struck them.

        ACG Staff
        On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

        ACG History Today

        BoRG

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Admiral View Post
          Mates, Mates... READ the Unit Forum Scope.

          Each of you should start your own thread.

          As well, any individual threads about any Unit, itself, is also encouraged.

          As each of you speak for yourself, so, too, will others of common experience find & interact within your own or the common Unit threads...

          As well, you in theirs!

          If ya keep pilin into one thread, we may as well have simply not created the forum & instead encouraged folks to talk about it where ever else struck them.

          ACG Staff
          What else do you expect from jarheads,sometimes they need to be led by the hand.
          If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

          Comment


          • #6
            Legate, all due respect, but those lads are good at improvising, and adapting.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BrianBoru2485 View Post
              Legate, all due respect, but those lads are good at improvising, and adapting.
              Holy thread necromancy!!

              Looks like someone needs to get a sense of humor.
              If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

              Comment


              • #8
                Yank Marines left right and centre, where are all the 'Royals' ?? lcm1
                'By Horse by Tram'.


                I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
                " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by lcm1 View Post
                  Yank Marines left right and centre, where are all the 'Royals' ?? lcm1
                  True enough, just about every other American I meet these days seem to have served in the US Marines :-"Semper Fi ! " and all that stuff.
                  The Royals ? Ah, they're far more exclusive.
                  "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                  Samuel Johnson.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    If they did the R.M training course, there would be much much fewer.

                    Ken! A prime example of what the rest of us regardless of service, have to aspire too.

                    Paul
                    ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                    All human ills he can subdue,
                    Or with a bauble or medal
                    Can win mans heart for you;
                    And many a blessing know to stew
                    To make a megloamaniac bright;
                    Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                    The Pixie is a little shite.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
                      If they did the R.M training course, there would be much much fewer.

                      Ken! A prime example of what the rest of us regardless of service, have to aspire too.

                      Paul
                      Thank you for those few kind words Paul, I've always looked upon myself as a fairly normal bloke despite my 'Been there, done that'. The one thing that I am without doubt proud of till my dying day is the fact that I served in the RM on an active service basis and just to be able to say I am an ex RM. I look at myself in the physical condition that age has bought on and wonder how I ever did it!!! I think that a good example of the RM individuality is the fact that my branch of the RM association is closing down at the end of this year due to falling numbers. lcm1
                      Last edited by lcm1; 02 Jun 17, 19:58.
                      'By Horse by Tram'.


                      I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
                      " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by lcm1 View Post
                        Thank you for those few kind words Paul, I've always looked upon myself as a fairly normal bloke despite my 'Been there, done that'. The one thing that I am without doubt proud of till my dying day is the fact that I served in the RM on an active service basis and just to be able to say I am an ex RM. I look at myself in the physical condition that age has bought on and wonder how I ever did it!!! I think that a good example of the RM individuality is the fact that my branch of the RM association is closing down at the end of this year due to falling numbers. lcm1
                        Numbers fall, tradition doesn't. The Royal Marines are second to none, you dear sir are part of that number '1' and part of that tradition.... the R.M will be forever an indelible, heroic mark on military history. They lead, the rest of the world's Marines follow.

                        Per Mare, Per Terram

                        Paul
                        ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                        All human ills he can subdue,
                        Or with a bauble or medal
                        Can win mans heart for you;
                        And many a blessing know to stew
                        To make a megloamaniac bright;
                        Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                        The Pixie is a little shite.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
                          Numbers fall, tradition doesn't. The Royal Marines are second to none, you dear sir are part of that number '1' and part of that tradition.... the R.M will be forever an indelible, heroic mark on military history. They lead, the rest of the world's Marines follow.

                          Per Mare, Per Terram

                          Paul
                          I Agree Sir, 'By Horse By Tram' ( An old RM joke. )
                          'By Horse by Tram'.


                          I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
                          " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            No such thing as an "ex-Marine", Ken...

                            Once a Marine, ALWAYS a Marine!

                            Cheers, Marine!




                            On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

                            ACG History Today

                            BoRG

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
                              If they did the R.M training course, there would be much much fewer.
                              You would be surprised as to how much cross training occurs.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X