Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

Army Good Conduct Medal Question.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army Good Conduct Medal Question.

Today from the NPRC I saw that my father was eligible for the Army Good Conduct Medal with two bronze loops. What does the loop signify? Sorry if this is a stupid question.
    Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

Originally posted by RichardS View Post
    Today from the NPRC I saw that my father was eligible for the Army Good Conduct Medal with two bronze loops. What does the loop signify? Sorry if this is a stupid question.
    Multiple awards.

Comment

Originally posted by llkinak View Post
      Multiple awards.
      Thanks for the information Mate!

Comment

Thanks for the information Mate!
        Not loops but knots... each knot is awarded after three years of "good" active duty service. If your really good they engrave your name on the back of the medal.
        My worst jump story:
        My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
        As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
        No lie.

~
        "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
          Not loops but knots... each knot is awarded after three years of "good" active duty service. If your really good they engrave your name on the back of the medal.
          Okay that is weird. He was in the Army for 3 years (more or less) 44-45-46. Now if it was for his USAF Good Conduct medal that would make more sense. Unless Combat time it is reduced to one year???

Comment

Okay that is weird. He was in the Army for 3 years (more or less) 44-45-46. Now if it was for his USAF Good Conduct medal that would make more sense. Unless Combat time it is reduced to one year???
            Check this out....

"The criteria was amended by Executive Order 9323, dated 31 March 1943, to authorize award for three years service after 7 December 1941 or one year service while the United States is at war".

http://www.tioh.hqda.pentagon.mil/Aw...d_conduct.aspx

oh your were right in calling them loops.... they must have changed the name.... I always heard them referred by knots.
            My worst jump story:
            My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
            As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
            No lie.

~
            "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
              Check this out....

"The criteria was amended by Executive Order 9323, dated 31 March 1943, to authorize award for three years service after 7 December 1941 or one year service while the United States is at war".

http://www.tioh.hqda.pentagon.mil/Aw...d_conduct.aspx

oh your were right in calling them loops.... they must have changed the name.... I always heard them referred by knots.
              Check this fire storm out.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/foru...conduct+ribbon

Comment

Two loops would signify between 7 and 9 years of enlisted service with good conduct. Seven years would only apply to someone who took a discharge after initial service as an enlisted man after a year, such as a newly commissioned officer from OCS, and later reverted to enlisted status, either by a break in service or RIF (Reduction In Force), followed by reenlistment as an EM. Officer Candidates who were on their first term were awarded a GCM, while those on second or later enlistments were expected to content themselves with what they already had. Since medals don't count for officer promotions, this was considered fair. There is a point system for medals that counts in the Army's enlisted promotion system.
                dit: Lirelou

Phong trần mài một lưỡi gươm, Những loài giá áo túi cơm sá ǵ!

Comment

I was in for three years and spent all of it overseas, had 'excellent' ratings everywhere I served. I just got the medal in a small blue cardboard box.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X