Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pseudoscience-UFOs and the Paranormal

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Mystery of the Lost Alien Grave of Aurora

    https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2019/...ave-of-aurora/

    Comment


    • Even back then "fake news" was chic....

      https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4241
      Last edited by Achtung Baby; 04 Sep 19, 16:59.
      "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
      Ernest Hemingway.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
        The Mystery of the Lost Alien Grave of Aurora

        https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2019/...ave-of-aurora/
        Doubtful if anyone in Aurora had ever even seen aluminum at this point in history.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

          Doubtful if anyone in Aurora had ever even seen aluminum at this point in history.
          Indeed and it seems strange that a civilisation that had the technology to cross interstellar space would still be using paper to record information on.
          Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
          Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

          Comment


          • Itís amusing how this and Roswell were just obscure stories in the news and forgotten rather quickly... then both popped up again in the 70s with UFO enthusiasts.
            "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
            Ernest Hemingway.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
              Itís amusing how this and Roswell were just obscure stories in the news and forgotten rather quickly... then both popped up again in the 70s with UFO enthusiasts.
              These things keep popping up. Now that crop circles have been revealed as two men with a plank and not UFOs that'll go quiet for a while until some gullible conspiratorist revives it - there's always one.
              Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
              Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

              Comment


              • Originally posted by MarkV View Post

                These things keep popping up. Now that crop circles have been revealed as two men with a plank and not UFOs that'll go quiet for a while until some gullible conspiratorist revives it - there's always one.
                Crop circles, in rural Saskatchewan, are how we keep our greasy spoons. B & B's, and stripper bars going....
                And I don't use a plank. I use a 1959 Studebaker door on a chain...
                The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

                Comment


                • Out of both curiosity, and a desire to avoid his fate- how did Centrix the OP earn a lifetime ban?
                  The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

                  Comment


                  • The Lunatics are out there

                    Making jokes about UFOs etc etc can be dangerous if there are enough idiots to take it seriously as proposed festivals at Area 51 would suggest. There may be no extraterrestrials but there will be a lot of people who live on a different planet.

                    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49667295
                    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

                    Comment


                    • It's like a religion now, if the echo chamber is big enough it must be true.

                      And again, more similarities just like Roswell and the Aurora incident... obscure stories dredged up many years later by people trying to dovetail it with their beliefs.
                      "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                      Ernest Hemingway.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by MarkV View Post

                        Indeed and it seems strange that a civilisation that had the technology to cross interstellar space would still be using paper to record information on.
                        Actually, there could be a rational reason....
                        In Germany there are "indiches reinactments' where every tribal detail has to be authentic to TEUTONIC STANDARDS.
                        Ok, you can see where this is going....
                        The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

                        Comment

                        Latest Topics

                        Collapse

                        Working...
                        X