Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know, it's from "The Sun" so may be a bit suspect, but still interesting, perhaps ...
    RIDDLE IN THE DEEP
    Ghost ship’s chilling SOS call before entire crew found dead with faces ‘frozen in fear’ in greatest ever maritime mystery

The crew were all found dead with their mouths wide open and reaching to the sky
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/844000...itime-mystery/
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
    “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
    Present Current Events are the Future's History

Comment

• Find proof the ship actually existed first.
      "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
      Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
      Mark Twain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
        Find proof the ship actually existed first.
        I'll agree that's one of the major issues here ...
        but part of the reason for posting such is to provide a venue/means to expand and explore further ...

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

I'll agree that's one of the major issues here ...
          but part of the reason for posting such is to provide a venue/means to expand and explore further ...
          It’s not an issue, but much rather passing on stories in an uncritical fashion. And this thread does not explore anything, it exists to justify your beliefs.
          Ernest Hemingway.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• One of the more interesting and controversial figures involved in UFOlogy;

He Was Supposed to Be the Next Stephen King. Then the Aliens Came.

Reclusive writer Whitley Strieber reflects on his career — and ‘the visitors’ that interrupted it
            Whitley Strieber was supposed to be the next Stephen King, a pop-horror writer whose golden pen produced books begging for big-screen adaptations. His first novel, the 1978 werewolf-realism procedural Wolfen, was turned into a movie by the filmmaker behind Woodstock. In 1983, his sex-vampire thriller The Hunger was adapted into a movie starring David Bowie, Catherine Deneuve, and Susan Sarandon. It was directed by Tony Scott, who subsequently made Top Gun. A year later, Strieber’s fifth novel — a faux-journalistic account of life following a minor apocalypse called War Day, which he co-wrote with his friend James Kunetka — was optioned for nearly half a million dollars before even being published.

Whitley Strieber was going places, and it was going to take something absolutely crazy for him to not get there.

That’s when something crazy happened. Namely, one night at his cabin in upstate New York, Whitley Strieber had what he perceived to be an alien encounter. Or rather, an encounter with a group of nonhuman beings he refers to as, “the visitors.” His hesitation about calling the little beings who abducted him and performed gruesome experiments on his body “aliens” didn’t stop his publisher from slapping a gray alien on the cover of Communion, the 1987 memoir Strieber wrote about the experience. The book was a phenomenon, remaining atop the New York Times bestseller list for months. Communion, too, was adapted into a film, starring Christopher Walken, portraying the mild-mannered and urbane Strieber as, well, Christopher Walken.

But being the horror novelist who meets aliens and gets played by Christopher Walken in a movie has its price, and that price is relegation to the fringes of society. Whitley Strieber understood this, but didn’t care. He wrote another memoir about the visitors, then another, all while sales of his novels slipped, and he began to fade into a permanent state of, if not obscurity, at least cultural ostracization. By the late 1990’s, Whitley Strieber was no longer the next Stephen King. He was now the guy who was once the next Stephen King who let his obsession with the paranormal torpedo his ability to be taken seriously.

Then, one night on book tour, Strieber says that a mysterious man knocked on the door of his hotel room and told him that our understanding of global warming was inaccurate. Instead of just making the earth hotter, it would cause extreme weather on both ends of the spectrum. Whitley got to talking to his friend Art Bell, host of the legendary conspiracy radio show Coast to Coast AM, and they decided to write a book on the subject. It was called The Coming Global Superstorm, and despite being a nonfiction book with a few fictional interludes, Hollywood adapted it into a movie. That movie was called The Day After Tomorrow, and it made half a billion dollars at the box office.

“There’s a lot about my life I cannot talk about,” Strieber told me shortly after he let me into the living room of his Santa Monica apartment. “There’s more that I don’t wish to talk about.” And yet, over the next three hours, he talked about it anyway. About being a broke aspiring writer in New York in the 1970’s. About quantum physics and classical music. About the mysterious biomechanical implant behind his ear that helped him knock out a multi-volume book about Hitler that he sees as an allegory for Donald Trump’s evil deeds. About the death of his wife Anne, whose spirit, he believes, remains with him. “She’s in some ways closer to me now than she ever could have been when she was physically alive,” he told me.
            https://medium.com/s/reasonable-doub...e-afd7195e0b49

Comment

• Belief in aliens could be America’s next religion
              ‘American Cosmic’ explores how the once-fringe phenomenon has taken root among the powerful.

But that seems to be changing. A new book by D.W. Pasulka — professor and chair of the department of philosophy and religion at the University of North Carolina Wilmington — American Cosmic: UFOs Religion, and Technology, focuses not on grassroots investigative societies or marginal cults, but on UFO believers in the halls of power.

Her narrative begins on a drive through the hills with pioneering computer scientist, venture capitalist, and ufologist Jacques Vallee. “Silicon Valley is full of secrets,” he tells her. It ends in the Vatican Secret Archives (alas, not because the Ultimate Clue lies steganographically hidden in a Templar codex).

Along the way, Pasulka meets “Tyler,” a biomedical technology mogul associated with the U.S. space program. Tyler is the most curious part of a curious book. Like most of the scientists, government researchers, and tech giants Pasulka quotes, Tyler’s real name remains a secret. But Pasulka has presumably done scholarly due diligence on his background, which would otherwise be hard to believe: Tyler has over 40 biotech patents to his name, many of which he believes were communicated to him by non-human intelligence. He works in a government program where, according to him, the kind of intricate security-clearance labyrinths one might find in an X-Files episode are the norm. “I don’t know who is responsible for putting me on these jobs. I think that somehow they are responsible for it. My own direct boss doesn’t know what I do. This is how the program works.”
              https://theoutline.com/post/7215/ame...=1&zi=c7uan7cm

Comment

• From this site;

Unidentified Aerial Phenomena - scientific research
                An examination of aspects of Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (UAP) from a scientific perspective.

This article about TV/Media manipulations;
                Diana Pasulka, "American Cosmic" - on television production companies and UAP
                I will close this post with a last quote from Pasulka. "The truth is potentially 'out there,' but its unlikely to be found in media productions."

https://ufos-scientificresearch.blog...d8jO6L9fI9cz4s

Comment

• A key part of the phenomena, ...

'Area 51: An Uncensored History': Journalist shares photos connected to the infamous Roswell UFO Incident of 1947 as she claims it was hoax designed by Soviet Union and Joseph Stalin
                  • Area 51: An Uncensored History' provides an inside look at one of the United States' greatest mysteries - the Roswell UFO Incident of 1947 that rocked Area 51
                  • The book - written by journalist Annie Jacobsen - works to disprove long held conspiracy theories that a flying disk crashed near Roswell, New Mexico
                  • Jacobsen posits that the incident was actually linked to Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin in an attempt to cause disarray in the United States
                  • She spoke with more than 70 scientists, pilots and engineers who were able to provide insight into the peculiar test site
                  • Pictures also show the area before it became a government hot spot
                  • The area now known as Area 51 is actually the dry lake remains of Groom Lake, Nevada

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...st-claims.html

Comment

• U.S. Navy drafting new guidelines for reporting UFOs

The service says it has also 'provided a series of briefings by senior Naval Intelligence officials as well as aviators who reported hazards to aviation safety.'
                    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...g-ufos-1375290

Comment

• It's possible this may also have to do with rise of "drones" (small RC "model" aircraft) and other forms of UAVs as much as with UFO/UAPs. Addition to the post above.

The US Navy is Setting Up New Guidelines for UFO Reports: ‘Disclosure’ or More of the Same?

https://www.dailygrail.com/2019/04/t...e-of-the-same/

Comment

• ‘Wow, what is that?’ Navy pilots report unexplained flying objects

WASHINGTON — The strange objects, one of them like a spinning top moving against the wind, appeared almost daily from the summer of 2014 to March 2015, high in the skies over the East coast. Navy pilots reported to their superiors that the objects had no visible engine or infrared exhaust plumes but that they could reach 30,000 feet and hypersonic speeds.

“These things would be out there all day,” said Lieutenant Ryan Graves, an F/A-18 Super Hornet pilot who has been with the Navy for 10 years and who reported his sightings to the Pentagon and Congress. “Keeping an aircraft in the air requires a significant amount of energy. With the speeds we observed, 12 hours in the air is 11 hours longer than we’d expect.”

In late 2014, a Super Hornet pilot had a near collision with one of the objects, and an official mishap report was filed. Some of the incidents were captured on video, including one taken by a plane’s camera in early 2015 that shows an object zooming over the ocean waves as pilots question what they are watching.

“Wow, what is that, man?” one exclaims. “Look at it fly!”

No one in the Defense Department is saying that the objects were extraterrestrial, and experts emphasize that earthly explanations can generally be found for such incidents. Graves and four other Navy pilots, who said in interviews with The New York Times that they saw the objects in 2014 and 2015 in training maneuvers from Virginia to Florida off the aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt, make no assertions of their provenance. But the objects have gotten the attention of the Navy, which this year sent out new classified guidance for how to report what the military calls unexplained aerial phenomena, or unidentified flying objects.
                        The sightings were reported to the Pentagon’s shadowy, little-known Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program, which analyzed the radar data, video footage, and accounts provided by senior officers from the Roosevelt. Luis Elizondo, a military intelligence official who ran the program until he resigned in 2017, called the sightings “a striking series of incidents.”

The program, which began in 2007, was officially shut down in 2012 when the money dried up, according to the Pentagon. But the Navy recently said it investigates military reports of UFOs, and Elizondo and other participants say the program — parts of it remain classified — has continued in other forms. The program has also studied video that shows a whitish oval object described as a giant Tic Tac, about the size of a commercial plane, encountered by two Navy fighter jets off the coast of San Diego in 2004.
                        The pilots began noticing the objects after their 1980s-era radar was upgraded to a more advanced system. As one fighter jet after another got the new radar, pilots began picking up the objects but ignoring what they thought were false radar tracks.

But Graves said the objects persisted, showing up at 30,000 feet, 20,000 feet, even sea level. Then pilots began seeing the objects.

What was strange, the pilots said, was that the video showed objects accelerating to hypersonic speed, making sudden stops and instantaneous turns — something beyond the physical limits of a human crew.
                        https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wo...L&ocid=msnbcrd

Comment

• Multiple F/A-18 Pilots Disclose Recent UFOs Encounters, New Radar Tech Key In Detection

A major upgrade in fighter jet radar tech seems to have been key in detecting and tracking bizarre objects flying in military training airspace.

In a major breakthrough in what could be the most fascinating story of our time, five U.S. Navy F/A-18 Super Hornet crewmen have recounted a number of incredibly strange encounters with unidentified flying objects off the East Coast of the United States. Two of the pilots went on the record. The surreal craft they encountered had performance that defies known propulsion and aerodynamic capabilities, and are described as looking like something akin to special effects you would have seen in a sci-fi movie circa the late 1980s. The pilots' accounts also point to a major sensor upgrade on their aircraft that made the presence of these craft even detectable at all.

What's even more important is that these events took place as recently as 2015, over a decade after the now famous Nimitz incident with the so-called 'Tic Tac' craft occurred. This is all coming to light—at least officially—just weeks after the U.S. Navy said it is changing its procedures for its service members reporting unexplained phenomenon in their operating environments.

The War Zone had recently published an in-depth expose about the Navy's procedural changes, a number of other revelations surrounding the Tic Tac incident, and more recent developments, that concluded that the phenomenon is indeed real. That hard to swallow fact has huge implications, regardless of the objects' origins.
                          https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...y-in-detection

Comment

• More UFOs Over Navy Ships — This Time in China
                            Here’s some good news on the UFO front. Despite their alleged technical superiority and potential military might, the Chinese are worse than the US when it comes to identifying unidentified flying objects. In fact, their UFOs seem to be less advanced that ours too. U-S-A! U-F-O! U-A-P! U-S-A!
                            https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2019/...time-in-china/

The new American religion of UFOs
                            Belief in aliens is like faith in religion — and may come to replace it.
                            https://www.vox.com/culture/2019/6/4...-diana-pasulka

Comment

• Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis View Post
                              Horned Skulls and Red Haired Giants

Well I'm not good with creating polls so I 'll leave that for another. But I am in Roswell...as we speak...so it's as good as any.

Otoh and in line with another site I am involved with and courtesy of a good friend there...I'll borrow some stuff from him we have commented on there. Take your pick or comment on both as they have similar applications and points of interests.

A. The Horned Skull of Sayre, Pennsylvania.

http://www.viewzone.com/hornedskull.html

B. Nevada's mysterious cave of the red-haired giants.

http://www.helium.com/items/1814848-...d-giants/print

You will find here a mix of the possible paranormal...possible examples of ET's and the more standard explanation of genetic mutations or species once prevalent now gone. It's a good application as well of a genuine effort of anthropologists and archaeologists to see thru the veil...using the cultural explanations of native Americans. These are, from all reports and investigations that I am aware of, 'real' artifacts and not some sort of FX creation.

I don't pretend to know the science of genetics here or how the eco-physical conditions of 5-1500 years ago, in specific locations and given climatic and or other factors, might be casually dismissed or indeed if they are indeed relevant.

But in these two examples we have the ''weird''.

So somebody make a decision and lets start...I'm good with Roswell or the above.

CV
                              Your link to the Red haired giants is down.
                              apparently, Anton La vey has the missing horned skulls.....

The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

• The gimble video is nothing more than IR glare rotating due to the lens from the camera... which has to rotate in order to maintain a lock on the target.
                                The second video is simply the operator changing zoom which makes the object appear to accelerate rapidly... you can even see that in the video, the zoom has changed again as it moves off screen.

Of course it doesn't satisfy everyone, but it does show the very plausible answers. One has to wonder how a trained pilot couldn't see that IR flare rotates with gimble movement.
                                Last edited by Achtung Baby; 12 Jun 19, 21:48.
                                Ernest Hemingway.

Mark Twain.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X