Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There have always been doubting Thomases, for example when word hit the street that Jesus had risen from the dead, Thomas said-
    "Bullsh*t, you were probably hallucinating, I won't believe it until I feel with my own hands that he's solid flesh and blood!"

Bingo!- Jesus comes a-calling and tells him-
    "Here you numbnut, see where them Roman mofos stuck a spear in me!"

Comment

• Former President of Brazil Talks About His UFO Encounter on National Television
      When I started to become more active in the online UFO community, people in English-speaking countries tended to approach me, because they were curious about how the phenomenon was treated both in my nation (Mexico) as well as other regions of Latin America. “Does the topic carry the same negative stigma (i.e. ‘the giggle factor’) in those parts of the world, too?” they would ask me, “or is it more accepted in their society?”

I always tried to give the best answer I could from my somewhat limited perspective –meaning not as an academic or an investigative journalist who’s traveled all around the globe, but from the POV of a private citizen with a life-long interest in the subject, who’s tried to keep his ears on the ground. Hence from my modest vantage point I can honestly say that, while UFOs still have a long way to go before they are officially acknowledged south of the Rio Grande, they are not actively ridiculed in the Latin American press in the same manner their American, Canadian and English colleagues tend to do – or at least used to until last December’s revelations, although it’s still unclear if this ‘change of heart’ will be permanent or not…

A good example of this more open attitude toward UFOs is the recent appearance of Fernando Henrique Cardoso, who was the president of Brazil from 1995 to 2003, on the late-night TV talk show Conversa com Bial (‘Chat with Bial’).
      And while it’s definitely easier for retired politicians like Cardoso to talk about these kind of fringe experiences now that they are out of office, we need to look at the big picture: The ’79 sighting was publicly revealed in 1982, right about when Cardoso was starting his political career and became senator from Sao Paolo (according to his Wikipedia page). Who could ever forget the debate in the Democratic primaries back in 2008, when Dennis Kucinich was MOCKED by the moderator AND the audience, because of the UFO sighting he had while in the company of Shirley McLaine?
      It’s 2018 and a lot has changed since the days of Jimmy Carter. Let me blunt: The United States is no longer the leader of the free world. And if its elected officials and major institutions continue to ignore or downplay thorny problems like the UFO phenomenon, the USA not only risks staying behind other younger and more dynamic nations like Brazil, Chile, Peru, Uruguay and Argentina (who all have official departments studying UFOs) in this and many other challenges facing humanity in the XXIst century –it risks fading into the yellowing pages of history.
      https://www.dailygrail.com/2018/04/f...al-television/
      Last edited by G David Bock; 01 May 18, 00:24.
      TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
      “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
      Present Current Events are the Future's History

Comment

• Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
        If religion is your avenue in order to make any sense of the world then you won't care what others say... you're using it only to reassert your personal belief systems. Besides, the fact that you are even contemplating any ideas over this false story suggests you're not fully grounded with common sense.
        Hopefully you are an equal opportunity basher of all religions and not just the Christian and Jewish ones typical of most Left-Loonies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
          I'm happily waiting for anyone to prove all this stuff, I'm not the one throwing twenty two pages of mud here hoping it will stick.
          evidence
          noun 1. that which tends to prove or disprove something; ground for belief; proof.

2. something that makes plain or clear; an indication or sign: His flushed look was visible evidence of his fever.

3. Law. data presented to a court or jury in proof of the facts in issue and which may include the testimony of witnesses, records, documents, or object.

verb (used with object), evidenced, evidencing. 4. to make evident or clear; show clearly; manifest: He evidenced his approval by promising his full support.

5. to support by evidence: He evidenced his accusation with incriminating letters.

Idioms
          6. in evidence, plainly visible; conspicuous: The first signs of spring are in evidence.
          http://www.dictionary.com/browse/evidence
          PROOF
          noun 1. evidence sufficient to establish a thing as true, or to produce belief in its truth.

2. anything serving as such evidence: What proof do you have?

3. the act of testing or making trial of anything; test; trial: to put a thing to the proof.

4. the establishment of the truth of anything; demonstration.

5. Law. (in judicial proceedings) evidence having probative weight.

6. the effect of evidence in convincing the mind.
          http://www.dictionary.com/browse/proof?s=t

As pointed out, 29, now 30* pages if set at @15 posts per page. Some of that "mud"/evidence has "stuck" for many readers here, and as I've said often already, I'll agree that most of it isn't "Proof" by many standards.

Where you and I differ is that you automatically exclude the possibility that any of the topics here could be true and therefore don't begin to apply any objectivity or open mind to any of it. Meanwhile, you throw "mud" of a different color and substance.

Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
          Incidentally, there have been many cases of money offered, quite substantial amounts actually. Yet not a single one has ever been claimed.
          Please document. I'm not aware of any such "cases" that are authentic, credible, or valid.

Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
          The charlatans who claim to have such powers, or proof, receive money from people who simply believe in it. Same goes for those who spread such stories from websites that need the 'clicks' in order to make money.
          As one example, the matter of UFO or UAP(Unidentified Aerial Phenomena); in many cases these are sightings by professional pilots ... civilian and military; plus members of the military in other skill/duty assignments, Law Enforcement Officers, and numerous other persons whom are not paid/compensated for reporting what they have seen or experienced yet you would classify all of them as "charlatans".

As for websites involved in this subject area needing clicks for revenue, be sure to include CSICOP https://www.csicop.org/

Meanwhile, you engage the logic fallacy of broad brushing anyone whom doesn't share your knee-jerk automatic rejection of any of the topics here as being a "true-believer"; unable to grasp the possibility that some examining such may be neutral and objective/open minded.

BTW, most whom reject these topics or are uncomfortable with them usually don't even bother to engage. I've noticed that those whom do engage in such strong negative attitude as you display usually have some subconscious fear or anxiety that these topics provoke.

* Were it up to me, those 29+ pages would be divided into a few more specific topic areas rather than the broad brush lumped together we have now.
          Last edited by G David Bock; 01 May 18, 10:40.

Comment

• Perhaps this verse indicates that intellectual "giants" once added their DNA to the human gene pool-
            "There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men,
            and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown" (Genesis 6:4)

And perhaps we see their genetic effect nowadays in all the truthseeking people who stand above the crowd by open-mindedly looking at all kinds of paranormal and UFO phenomena?..

Last edited by Poor Old Spike; 01 May 18, 02:04.

Comment

• Originally posted by Poor Old Spike View Post
              Perhaps this verse indicates that intellectual "giants" once added their DNA to the human gene pool-
              "There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men,
              and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown" (Genesis 6:4)

And perhaps we see their genetic effect nowadays in all the truthseeking people who stand above the crowd by open-mindedly looking at all kinds of paranormal and UFO phenomena?..
              (Image removed for brevity)
              Fuller context:
              Genesis 6 New International Version (NIV)

6 When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. 3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not contend with[a] humans forever, for they are mortal[b]; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”

4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.
              https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...+6&version=NIV

One issue is how literal should we take this?
              Some have applied this as an indication that "sons of Gods" which is plural in original Hebrew, might correspond to the implication of Babylonian(Sumerian) accounts which this may have been taken from when Old Testament was being written; wherein we have evidence of Intervention Theory which speculates on an Extra-Terrestrial genetic alteration with pre-human species that would have made inter-breeding possible.

A concept explored in this thread: Geminga Scenario
              Which I placed and started in the Science Fiction sub-forum given it's controversial content likely being too much for "science" until enough evidence accumulates to establish proof.

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                Hopefully you are an equal opportunity basher of all religions and not just the Christian and Jewish ones typical of most Left-Loonies.
                And this is a classic example of someone who chooses to take sides for their own self interests, regardless of the issue. But it's just the same level of immaturity seen in the rest of this forum so I'm hardly fazed but such comments.
                Spamming this forum with worthless stories and claims doesn't make it anymore real, you're only doing it to solidify your own beliefs.

I don't care if aliens land here tomorrow, I don't care if ghosts have been verified as real, I don't care if Bigfoot has been captured... facts don't lie. If all these happened, I'd be a better man because I would accept it. Where as no evidence for any of these things exist so you refuse to accept that, thus it only exposes your bias and being ill-equipped to judge evidence in a balance manner.

Now excuse me while I enjoy my new house and all the wonderful little projects I have planned outside. The ride on mower beckons.
                "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                Ernest Hemingway.

Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, Or what's a heaven for?

Comment

• Strange Angel: The Otherworldly Life of Jack Parsons Comes to Your TV Screen
                  We now live in an age in which the most interesting tales are to be found not on the movie theater –in which Hollywood’s multimillion blockbusters are based on regurgitated ‘tried-and-true’ material– but on the comfort of your own living room… provided you pay the streaming price, of course.

Exhibit (A): CBS is about to launch Strange Angel, based on George Pendle’s 2006 biography of Jack Parsons, arguably the most fascinating and controversial scientific figure of the XXth century; because how else to categorize a man who allegedly had sex with his own mother and the family dog, founded the JPL laboratory in Pasadena, California (nicknamed ‘Jack Parsons’s Lab by those in the know), dedicated all his rocket launch experiments to the god Pan, was a devoted follower of one Aleister Crowley (the most wicked man in the world, according to himself), and once tried to use magic to sink the ship in which his former mistress was escaping with the founder of Scientology, L. Ron Hubbard?

…Oh, and did I forget to mention that transdimensional portal he allegedly opened with Hubbard, which may or may not have caused the UFO flap of 1947? If CBS remains true to a tenth of all the legends surrounding the life of Jack Parsons, this series promises to attain an instant cult following!
                  https://www.dailygrail.com/2018/05/s...our-tv-screen/

Reportedly, Sci-Fi author Robert Heinlein had close associations with Parsons and Hubbard during these 1940's events.
                  Last edited by G David Bock; 07 Jun 18, 14:28.

Comment

• A rather interesting fit here, as some of the excerpts will show. Not only have "flying saucers"/UFO/UAV(UAP) entered social memes in many interesting ways, but the origin and nature of the Mormon/LDS faith/religion also is an interesting aspect of the Intervention Theory(theories);

Mormons, Aliens, and Hangar 18
                    Released in 1980, Hangar 18 was arguably Hollywood’s first UFO conspiracy movie. Its plot features many aspects of the real-life UFO enigma, including specific details from allegedly authentic top-secret UFO-related government documentation.

Hangar 18 continues to provoke discussion within the UFO community, in part for the fact that it was released in 1980. It was in this year that details of the Roswell incident began to filter into the popular consciousness with the publication of Charles Berlitz and William Moore’s The Roswell Incident—the first book on the Roswell subject. Equally significant in 1980, and undoubtedly connected to the Roswell developments, was the quiet insertion into the UFO community of the term “MJ-Twelve.” This term, along with its variant, “Majestic Twelve,” has now assumed permanent residency in popular culture, having featured in films, TV shows, comic books and video games.
                    We learn that, following the collision in orbit, the UFO made a controlled landing in the Arizona desert, where it was captured by the US military. The craft is soon transported to the top secret Hangar 18, where it is studied by NASA scientists (lead by Darren McGavin). Onboard the craft, the scientists make a series of startling discoveries:
                    • The alien pilots, although dead, are physically undamaged and are almost exactly human in appearance. The scientists conclude that the aliens visited Earth in ancient times, that they were seen as gods, and that they interbred with Earth women and “jump-started” human life as we know it today.
                    • A human woman is also onboard the craft in stasis. When removed by doctors, the woman awakens in a state of terror. We assume she is an abductee.
                    • In the ship’s data files, the scientists find glyphs similar to those used by ancient Earth civilizations. The scientists also discover extensive aerial surveillance footage of Earth’s power plants, military bases and major cities. The aliens, it seems, have been taking an active interest in our technological capabilities.

Meanwhile, Bancroft and Price are dogged in their pursuit of the truth and are targeted by the government for assassination. Price is killed, but Bancroft survives and eventually finds his way to Hangar 18 and aboard the alien spacecraft. Around this point, the NASA scientists finally decipher the alien glyphs, which indicate that the beings were planning to return to Earth en masse in the near future.
                    On 9 April 1983, during a meeting at Kirtland Air Force Base in New Mexico, Air Force Office of Special Investigations Officer Richard Doty presented Howe with a document, the front cover of which read:
                    “BRIEFING PAPER FOR THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ON THE SUBJECT OF UNIDENTIFIED AERIAL VEHICLES (UAVs)”
                    Doty told Howe that she was to read the document at the request of his superiors, but stressed that she was forbidden from taking the document with her and from taking notes of any kind.

The weighty document detailed many aspects of the UFO phenomenon and included a list of UFO crash/retrievals. The list included two separate incidents near the Roswell region in 1947, and another in 1949, which resulted in the capture of a live extraterrestrial that was taken to Los Alamos National Laboratories. Apparently, the being was held captive before it died of unknown causes in 1952. Other crashes listed in the document included Aztec New Mexico, Kingman Arizona, and Loredo Texas.
                    Most shocking to Howe was a paragraph that said the extraterrestrials had manipulated DNA in an evolving primate species to create Homo sapiens. Elsewhere in the document it was noted that the ETs had created a being on Earth whose purpose was to teach humans about love and non-violence. Howe was astonished: “We are talking about Jesus Christ,” she said to Doty, who said nothing in response, but who, she asserts, looked deeply uncomfortable.

The author and researcher Mike Clelland has pointed out that the parallels between the content of Hangar 18 and the report shown to Linda Moulton Howe are so striking that “The document that Howe saw could very well have been written by Darren McGavin’s character from what he learned in the movie.” Clelland observes:

We have a reporter [LMH] being shown a secret document by the Air Force in 1983, the conclusion is that they [officialdom] wanted this information floated out to the public. Three years earlier we have the movie Hangar 18 “floating” out the same information in the guise of an action film.
                    Rising Sunn

In 1971, Sunn Classic Pictures started to produce and distribute feature films and documentaries about UFOs (with an emphasis on Ancient Astronauts) and other paranormal/psychic phenomena. Titles included the aforementioned Ancient Astronaut-themed The Outer Space Connection (1975), The Amazing World of Psychic Phenomena (1976), The Bermuda Triangle (1979), based on Charles Berlitz’s non-fiction book linking UFOs to the disappearance of ships and aircraft; Beyond Death’s Door (1979), about life after death; and, in 1980, Hangar 18. Sunn Classic Pictures also had a strong focus on religious documentaries, with titles including: In Search of Noah’s Ark (1976), In Search of Historic Jesus (1979), and a TV series that ran from 1978 to 1979 called Greatest Heroes of the Bible.
                    The Mormon connection

Sunn Classic Pictures was established in Utah as a Mormon-run company with Raylan Jensen as its first President. Many of the studio’s writers, producers, and directors also were Mormons, including Robert Starling (writer of In Search of Historic Jesus, and who in later life would make an educational documentary about the Mormon Church), and Charles E. Sellier Jr., one of Sunn’s most successful writer/producers and also a co-founder of the studio with Raylan Jensen. As a producer, Sellier would make only family-friendly G-rated films “out of Mormon conviction.” His credits for Sunn notably included The Bermuda Triangle and Hangar 18. In 1997, Sellier wrote UFO, a non-fiction book examining the UFO enigma in the context of a government cover-up.

It makes sense that a Mormon-run film studio should exhibit an interest in UFOs. Mormon cosmology holds that the Earth is not unique, but just one of many inhabited planets, each created by Jesus for the purpose of bringing about immortality and eternal life. Mormon leaders have taught that the inhabitants of these planets are almost identical in appearance to humans – just as the alien beings in Hangar 18 are extremely human-like (a point dwelt upon in the film’s plot).
                    http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2018/0...and-hangar-18/

Comment

• I-Team Exclusive: Confidential report analyzes Tic Tac UFO incidents

http://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/i-te...nts/1187688105
                      Last edited by G David Bock; 07 Jun 18, 14:29.

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                        I-Team Exclusive: Confidential report analyzes Tic Tac UFO incidents

http://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/i-te...nts/1187688105
                        And more, other related articles ...
                        http://bgr.com/2018/05/24/ufo-navy-s...eport-details/ http://thedesigninspiration.com/news...asta1&utm_medi um=referral&

AND ... US aircraft carrier was stalked for days by a UFO travelling at 'ballistic missile speed' which could hover above the sea for six days, leaked Pentagon report reveals
                        • Unclassified 2009 Pentagon report on a Navy encounter with a UFO has leaked
                        • F-18s encountered the strange object off the coast of Mexico in November 2004
                        • Previously released video shows the object flying at incredible speeds
                        • New report suggests it may have been docking with an underwater craft
                        • Object was white, 46 feet long, shaped like a Tic-Tac with no wings or nacelles
                        • Descended from 60,000 feet to 50 feet at ballistic missile speeds then hovered
                        By Keith Griffith For Dailymail.com
                        Published: 00:42 EDT, 27 May 2018 | Updated: 09:07 EDT, 27 May 2018
                        Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz5GjrbVE3T

Comment

• How Closely Are Ufologists Watched By Government Agencies?

Nick Redfern May 25, 2018
                          That’s a question I’m often asked, mainly because of my interest in the Men in Black mystery. Although there is no doubt in my mind that the vast majority of all MIB encounters are of a paranormal nature, at least a small number are connected to government agencies. Indeed, there is hard evidence showing that UFO-themed researchers and groups have been watched – and at times watched closely. For example, the FBI has released its files on many of the Contactees of the 1950s, such as George Adamski, Truman Bethurum, George Van Tassel, and Frank Stranges. It’s important to note, though, that the UFO aspects of the investigations were secondary; sometimes, even further down the line than that. Issues relative to politics and communism were far more pressing, from the FBI’s perspective. In the U.K., in the late 1950s, the Aetherius Society was secretly watched by the British Police Force’s Special Branch. Not for their beliefs in aliens or UFOs, though, but because of their stance on atomic weapons.

With that all said, it’s time now to take a look at one of the earliest UFO research groups that was watched by the CIA: the Civilian Saucer Investigation (although in some of the CIA’s papers on the CSI, it’s incorrectly referred to as the California Committee for Saucer Investigation). A CIA document of February 9, 1953 begins as follows (you can find the document at this CIA link):
                          The CIA took a particular interest in a plan the CSI had to create a hoaxed UFO event, for an interesting reason: “4. So serious is CSI with respect to its investigations that Dr. Riedel indicated that they are going to execute a planned ‘hoax’ over the Los Angeles area, in order to test the reaction and reliability of the public in general to unusual aerial phenomena. (The sightings reported over Malibu in its Los Angeles papers of 30 Jan 53 could possibly be this hoax.) From this experiment, they hope to ascertain how many people report an aerial visual phenomenon which had been conducted so as to be clearly visible to a large number of people in the area. They will also, of course, be able to test the variation of report details, etc. This experiment is designed to give a better background against which future sightings can be evaluated.”
                          http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2018/0...nt-agencies/?/

That last quoted paragraph is one that I find very interesting; the effort to establish a controlled baseline for future report evaluations.

Comment

• HD Video Killed the Bizarre 'Lizard People' Conspiracy Theory

It was spawned by VHS tapes and killed by 4K resolution.

https://www.inverse.com/article/4552...ry-debunked-by

This is one I was largely skeptical about to begin with. Part of reason i post a variety of items here is to encourage counter-points and other venues of study to validate, or not. An interesting adjunct to this is the 1980's TV series "V";
                            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_(1984_TV_series)

Comment

• Odd Crop 'Formations' Found

An Italian farmer woke up to a bewildering sight last week when he noticed that a series of strange formations, for lack of a better term, had appeared overnight in his wheat field. The proverbial 'crop circles,' located in the community of Romano di Lombardia, are particularly odd because they do not seem to form any kind of picture or design. Instead, they appear to be simply scattershot patches of wheat that have been inexplicably pressed down to the ground with no discernible rhyme or reason.

The man who spotted the oddities, Giovanni Spinosa, told an Italian media outlet that nothing out of the ordinary stood out during the night that the formations were ostensibly formed in the field outside of his house. It was only when he and his wife began their morning that they realized something was amiss. "We looked out the window and we saw the field in this state," he said, "with these sort of drawings."

The curious condition of the field immediately made Spinosa think of the infamous crop circle phenomenon, since a number of such formations had appeared in a nearby area of Italy a few years ago. As to what may have caused the damage to his field, the farmer did not offer a guess, but did muse that "I would tend to exclude that it was the wind." While the media outlet initially reporting on the incident was dismissive of the potential paranormal connection to the case, Spinosa offered up one intriguing clue which may be of interest to crop circle enthusiasts.

According to him, when he observed the downed wheat up close, Spinosa saw that "the ears are not broken, only folded." This detail is rather striking since such bending of crops is often cited by researchers as a distinguishing difference between genuine designs, which display the strange folding, from manmade creations, which generally do not. This puts a rather puzzling twist on the case as it would seem to suggest that whatever forces form 'classic' crop circles were also behind the 'work' in Spinosa's field.
                              https://www.coasttocoastam.com/artic...rmations-found

In the "classic" human caused (anthropogenic - ?) crop circles/formations, using wood boards suspended from hand held ropes and stomped down to smash crops, the stalks and plant parts tend to be snapped and broken ("killing" the plant, stopping growth). Giving an obvious clue to their human manufacture ("Doug and Dave").

The more "mysterious" types of crop formations show the plants have been bent, but remain living and unbroken, and often also include swelling of the growth nodes on the stalks. Implies some form of heat/energy may be involved. Debate and dispute ranges from unknown natural process to artificial application of electro-magnetic(EM) energy projection, say from orbiting satellites broadcasting modulated beam patterns (testing).

Comment

• A few weeks from now will be the 71st anniversary of the "legendary" "Flying Saucer" sighting by Kenneth Arnold in the S-SW part of my State(Washington) back on June 24, 1947, often pegged as the start of the post-WWII phenomena;
                                https://www.history.com/news/history...-ufo-sightings
                                BTW, I was born (a few years later) and raised on the foothills NW of Mt. Rainer where Arnold had his sighting, in a town known as Enumclaw, and recall from my youth of then, 1950-1960s, that Flying Saucers/UFOs were a common subject of interest locally and among my fellow school mates.

The PNW connection to "Flying Saucers"/UFOs continues with~includes the National UFO Reporting Center;
                                http://www.nuforc.org/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X