This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
    Again, as usual for you, you either can't or won't make the distinction between "evidence" and "proof". There has been lots of "evidence" presented in this thread and I'll admit that the "proof" of many o fthese topics is still waiting to be established. What's immature is to decline to objectively examine the evidence and approach the topics with a prejudice/bias of broad-brush denial.

As for other threads in this sub-forum, embracing "science and real data" encompassing quite a range. Some subjects are still a bit shy on sufficient data to make absolute scientific conclusions, remain in the "to be determined" status for now, others do appear to be more clear-cut and established.

As for part of reason for interest in the topics of this tread, see the post #418 above about the psychological and sociological connections between these "unknowns" of physical experience versus the unknowns of spiritual/religious experience. There may be a spectrum of continuum here.

Again that inability or deliberate obscuring of the difference between evidence and proof. If there was "proof" then these topics would be knowns and normal, rather than unidentified, para-normal, or still to be determined. The "denial" is on your part.
    Conspiracy Theorists Just Want to Feel Special....

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...gn=sharebutton
    "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
    Ernest Hemingway.

Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, Or what's a heaven for?

Comment

• Originally posted by Poor Old Spike View Post
      Demonologists say that demons can't enter a home unless they're INVITED in, so maybe the black eyed kids are a variety of demons (remember Jesus said there's more than one kind in Mark 9:29) and want to get an invite into peoples homes and cars.
      If religion is your avenue in order to make any sense of the world then you won't care what others say... you're using it only to reassert your personal belief systems. Besides, the fact that you are even contemplating any ideas over this false story suggests you're not fully grounded with common sense.
      Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

• Originally posted by PhilipLaos View Post
        Looks like a dirigible.

I'm so disappointed that in an age where practically everyone has a camera phone, many with video, that we haven't produced better than this.
        Because they either wait till night-time and display like half-dozen drones with L.E.D torches attached and blazing away. Or they display by day, all out of focus, shiny, adjacent to old telegraph poles or corners of buildings, just to make us believe that they are fake.....Bloody intelligent these aliens....

Paul
        ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
        All human ills he can subdue,
        Or with a bauble or medal
        Can win mans heart for you;
        And many a blessing know to stew
        To make a megloamaniac bright;
        Give honour to the dainty Corse,
        The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
          If religion is your avenue in order to make any sense of the world then you won't care what others say... you're using it only to reassert your personal belief systems. Besides, the fact that you are even contemplating any ideas over this false story suggests you're not fully grounded with common sense.
          Scientists estimate there are literally thousands of alien civilisations in our galaxy alone (google 'The Drake Equation'), that's a lot of lifeforms including what we possibly call "demons" or even black-eyed kids, so isn't it more logical to look at it scientifically rather than dismiss it out of hand?
          PS- Jesus said quite openly that he was an alien, "religion" has got nothing to do with it..
          Jesus said- "I know where I came from and where I am going, but you have no idea where I come from or where I am going....
          ...you are of this world, I am not of this world...
          ...though you do not believe me, believe the miracles...I'll tell you things hidden since the creation of the world" (John 8:14/ 8:23/10:38/Matt 13:35)

"According to Drake, the average of people's best estimates suggests that there are about 10,000 technically advanced civilisations spread across our galaxy"
          http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/space/u...drake_equation

Comment

Conspiracy Theorists Just Want to Feel Special....

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...gn=sharebutton
            Everyone wants to feel special ...
            Including "Conspiracy Theory" debunkers/deniers ...
            TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
            “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
            Present Current Events are the Future's History

Comment

• FWIW ...
              Four Old-New Ideas for Paranormal Investigations
              http://weirdlectures.com/oldnew/
              TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
              “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
              Present Current Events are the Future's History

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                Everyone wants to feel special ...
                Including "Conspiracy Theory" debunkers/deniers ...
                I'm happily waiting for anyone to prove all this stuff, I'm not the one throwing twenty two pages of mud here hoping it will stick.

Incidentally, there have been many cases of money offered, quite substantial amounts actually. Yet not a single one has ever been claimed.

The charlatans who claim to have such powers, or proof, receive money from people who simply believe in it. Same goes for those who spread such stories from websites that need the 'clicks' in order to make money.
                Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Poor Old Spike View Post
                  Scientists estimate there are literally thousands of alien civilisations in our galaxy alone....
                  That's a no brainer, but it nothing to do with what I talking about.
                  Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Sorry mate but this thread is 29 pages long and 7 years old so I've lost track of who exactly has been saying what..

Comment

No itís just immature in how you post stuff here thatís blatantly silly, no substance and no evidence. Yet you embrace science and real data(your slant on it anyway) in another thread in this very same sub forum.

How does it feel living in denial, in still not finding any evidence of aliens, ghosts or other weird or magical stuff you post here.
                      The trick to all of this is to keep an open mind, lest you be overwhelmed when events turn out differently than allowed for in your belief system.

It appears, AB, that you have closed off your mind to any possibilities beyond your own internal belief system. You should try going with the flow once in a while - see where it leads you.
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

And, once again, it has everything to do with what the rest of us are talking about.

If the issue is personally repugnant to you, that is your privilege, but by subjecting yourself to it voluntarily you leave your motives open to question.

You don't actually think that we know everything there is to know about our existence and the universe around us, do you? In the cosmic sense, we know nothing. We have barely scratched the surface of our own, tiny little world.

Mountain Man say: "Swimming upstream possible only with plenty of water, Grasshopper!"
                        quoted from MMBBQQ

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          And, once again, it has everything to do with what the rest of us are talking about.

If the issue is personally repugnant to you, that is your privilege, but by subjecting yourself to it voluntarily you leave your motives open to question.

You don't actually think that we know everything there is to know about our existence and the universe around us, do you? In the cosmic sense, we know nothing. We have barely scratched the surface of our own, tiny little world.

Mountain Man say: "Swimming upstream possible only with plenty of water, Grasshopper!"
                          quoted from MMBBQQ
                          Whilst it is true that we can know very little about what is 'out there' if only because of the vast distances involved, we, as a species, have hugely improved our knowledge of the way in which the universe works. Unless different parts of the universe obey different physical rules then we are much better able to posit what cannot be out there
                          Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                          Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

quoted from MMBBQQ
                            I was essentially agreeing with his post, but it wasnít what I was talking about.
                            Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

• Uh-huh...

Comment

The trick to all of this is to keep an open mind, lest you be overwhelmed when events turn out differently than allowed for in your belief system.

It appears, AB, that you have closed off your mind to any possibilities beyond your own internal belief system. You should try going with the flow once in a while - see where it leads you.
                                You have evidence of aliens, ghosts, Bigfoot and other amazing creatures do you? This kind of stuff has been spoken of for centuries and nothing has come from it, it appears you and certain others here still believe in fairytales.

You mock people who choose to believe in a god yet steadfastly hold onto other notions that has zero evidence as well.
                                Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X