X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
    Wow!
    I didn't realize you were there and have access to information not provided in the related articles.
    AND
    Are better qualified to say what happened than any of the principals whom participated and reported.

That's one amazing "tic-tac" (or two; was there one in the wingman's cockpit as well?) to fool the radar/sensor operators and Officers of the
    USS Princeton (CG-59)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Princeton_(CG-59)
    ... "fooling them into "seeing" it descend from 80,000+ feet and into the cockpit(s), or did they start with picking up the object in the cockpit(s)?

Then that amazing "tic-tac" managed to "fool" the radar and targeting systems on-board those F/A-18Es as well as the Mark I eyeballs of the pilots.

It never ceases to amaze me how those whom seek to dispell~debunk~detract~deny "Unexplained/Unknown Aerial Events" can come up with "explanations" that exceed the kookiness of some of the fringe "believers" in UFOs/UEAs.

Do we have evidence of some subconscious nerve/fear of yours being struck here, or maybe a shortage of these ...
    Take off your tinfoil hat, you're attracting tic-tacs, live 'Dee! Da! Doo! Dee! Dumm!' flies and funny flowers....

Paul
    ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
    All human ills he can subdue,
    Or with a bauble or medal
    Can win mans heart for you;
    And many a blessing know to stew
    To make a megloamaniac bright;
    Give honour to the dainty Corse,
    The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
      I will happily sit by the campfire and agree that the ingredients for life can be found everywhere in the universe... even more so on planets in the Goldilocks zones.

As for accepting that aliens have come here, either now or in the distant past... I find zero evidence to prove that.
      First note that "evidence" isn't always "proof".
      Second, different persons operate at different levels/amounts of evidence before considering there is a threshold of "proof". In your case, based on records of your posts, that threshold is VERY high if not impossible.
      Third, personal bias factors apply and some have extreme "nope; no way and no time" rejection prejudice in play.

Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
      Trust me, I've tried to read their books and watch TV shows etc, but the twisting of proof to fit their hypothesis was excruciatingly terrible at best.
      I agree there is a wide range of perspectives and conclusions applied to this subject; which is where one needs to apply standard information/intelligence gather filter techniques.

Over 60+ years of interest I've read hundreds of books, magazine, and articles and will agree that much of it is "mushed" a bit. On one extreme are some whom write it all off as manifestations of Satan and Demons and on another extreme/pole those whom are twisting or deluded into express this as part of a "great galactic brotherhood here to save us/advance us."

There are some valid, mostly objective and more factual examinations published and worth a look, if one is truly objective on this subject.

From post #18 on this thread, quote;
      For those who still read books, one of the best in covering the range of material involved in "UFO"&"Flying Saucer" topic is "Alien Agenda, Investigating the Extraterrestrial Presence Among Us" by Jim Marrs, ISBN 0-06-109686-5. As one who's studied and read extensively in this topic area over the past five decades, I found his @656 page book, with index, appendixs and sources, to be relatively objective (considering Jim's take on many issues) and also comprehensive. Spanning from "Ancient Astronauts" thru current times as of it's 1997 copyright date. This book will provide a good overview and leads on where to go for more detail on any aspect of this topic one may wish to delve further into.
      https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/159016.Alien_Agenda

While the above is a good overview of events and episodes, this following is the best technical analysis I've found; includes formulas, charts, and graphs as well ( );
      Unconventional Flying Objects: A Scientific Analysis Paperback – December 1, 1995

by Paul R. Hill (Author),‎ Robert M. Wood (Foreword)
      EXCERPT:

Paul Hill was a well-respected NASA scientist when, in the early 1950s, he had a UFO sighting. Soon after, he built the first flying platform and was able to duplicate the UFO's tilt-to-control maneuvers. Official policy, however, prevented him from proclaiming his findings. "I was destined," says Hill, "to remain as unidentified as the flying objects."

For the next twenty-five years, Hill acted as an unofficial clearing house at NASA, collecting and analyzing sightings' reports for physical properties, propulsion possibilities, dynamics, etc. To refute claims that UFOs defy the laws of physics, he had to make "technological sense ... of the unconventional object."

After his retirement from NASA, Hill finally completed his remarkable analysis. In Unconventional Flying Objects, published posthumously, he presents his findings that UFOs "obey, not defy, the laws of physics." Vindicating his own sighting and thousands of others, he proves that UFO technology is not only explainable, but attainable.
      https://www.amazon.com/Unconventiona.../dp/1571740279
      TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
      “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz

Comment

• Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
        Take off your tinfoil hat, you're attracting tic-tacs, live 'Dee! Da! Doo! Dee! Dumm!' flies and funny flowers....

Paul
        Al-lu-mi-ni-um is the material in use of the last few decades, get with the times ...

Thanks for proving my point though ...

Comment

Glowing Auras and ‘Black Money’: The Pentagon’s Mysterious U.F.O. Program

By HELENE COOPER, RALPH BLUMENTHAL and LESLIE KEANDEC. 16, 2017
          EXCERPTS:
          WASHINGTON — In the $600 billion annual Defense Department budgets, the $22 million spent on the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program was almost impossible to find.

Which was how the Pentagon wanted it.

For years, the program investigated reports of unidentified flying objects, according to Defense Department officials, interviews with program participants and records obtained by The New York Times. It was run by a military intelligence official, Luis Elizondo, on the fifth floor of the Pentagon’s C Ring, deep within the building’s maze.

The Defense Department has never before acknowledged the existence of the program, which it says it shut down in 2012. But its backers say that, while the Pentagon ended funding for the effort at that time, the program remains in existence. For the past five years, they say, officials with the program have continued to investigate episodes brought to them by service members, while also carrying out their other Defense Department duties.

The shadowy program — parts of it remain classified — began in 2007, and initially it was largely funded at the request of Harry Reid, the Nevada Democrat who was the Senate majority leader at the time and who has long had an interest in space phenomena. Most of the money went to an aerospace research company run by a billionaire entrepreneur and longtime friend of Mr. Reid’s, Robert Bigelow, who is currently working with NASA to produce expandable craft for humans to use in space.

On CBS’s “60 Minutes” in May, Mr. Bigelow said he was “absolutely convinced” that aliens exist and that U.F.O.s have visited Earth.
          https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/u...arry-reid.html

Along with the above, this also found at Drudge ...
          Navy Jet Encounters Unknown Object...
          More "grist for the mill" ...
          “We May Not Be Alone”: Inside the Times’s U.F.O. Report
          “It was a story about government, and fights over funding and priorities,” Times executive editor Dean Baquet told me. “And it was damn interesting.”
          EXCERPT:
          Kean is the one who got the initial tip from Elizondo. She took it to Blumenthal, a veteran Times contributor who still writes for the paper and has known Kean for years, who then pitched it to Baquet. “At a confidential meeting October 4 in a Pentagon City hotel with several present and former intelligence officials and a defense contractor, she met Luis Elizondo,” Blumenthal wrote in a behind-the-scenes account for Times Insider. “This was big news because the United States military had announced as far back as 1969 that U.F.O.s were not worth studying . . . She spent hours with him reviewing unclassified documents.” Cooper was looped in to work her Pentagon connections and to interview Reid, and the reporting took off from there. “It was important that we not take anything on faith,” Blumenthal wrote. “This field attracts zealots as well as debunkers, and many Americans remain deeply skeptical that the phenomenon exists as popularly portrayed. In draft after draft, we took pains to let the investigation speak for itself, without bias.”
          https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017...o-report-times

Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
          EXCERPT:
          Robert Bigelow is the billionaire entrepreneur who was paid millions of dollars to research UFOs for the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program. He’s currently working with NASA to create expandable crafts for humans to use in space. His company, Bigelow Aerospace, received the $22 million funding to run AATIP, the NYT reported. They hired subcontractors and solicited research for the program. Bigelow has always been interested in alien research and owns a ranch called Skinwalker Ranch in Utah. It’s about as mysterious as the name sounds. The ranch has been a source of interest to UFO enthusiasts for years, Politico reported.

Nonfiction author Ben Mezrich mentioned Bigelow during a UFO Tedx Talk in 2016 (which you can watch at the 4:30 mark below.) He talked about a sheriff’s deputy who became a UFO hunter, looking for UFOs in the Midwest while traveling in an RV. The majority of UFO sightings, the deputy found, occurred around the 37th parallel of the U.S., which was also where most cattle mutilations happened and where most underground military bases were located, including Area 51. The deputy was having run-ins with Bigelow’s corporation, Bigelow Aerospace while investigating UFOs. Mezrich’s knowledge of Bigelow’s work, a year prior to its being officially announced by Elizondo, lends some credibility to his talk. In the video, he said Bigelow Aerospace was investigating UFOs in conjunction with government agencies. But he said the partnership had been happening for the last 20 years, not just for five. He noted that in FAA manuals for civilian pilots, if a pilot sees something in the air, they aren’t supposed to report it to the FAA but to Bigelow. Watch the video below for the story, at the 4:30 mark.
          http://heavy.com/news/2017/12/advanc...nt-of-defense/

Head of Pentagon’s secret ‘UFO’ office sought to make evidence public
          EXCERPTS:
          Current and former Pentagon officials confirm that the Pentagon program has been in existence since 2007 and was formed for the purpose of collecting and analyzing a wide range of “anomalous aerospace threats” ranging from advanced aircraft fielded by traditional U.S. adversaries to commercial drones to possible alien encounters. It is a rare instance of ongoing government investigations into a UFO phenomenon that was the subject of multiple official inquiries in the 1950s and 1960s.

Spending for the program totaled at least $22 million, according to former Pentagon officials and documents seen by The Washington Post, but the funding officially ended in 2012. “It was determined that there were other, higher priority issues that merited funding and it was in the best interest of the DOD to make a change,” Pentagon spokesman Tom Crosson explained in a statement.

But officials familiar with the initiative say the collection effort continued as recently as last month. The program operated jointly out of the Pentagon and, at least for a time, an underground complex in Las Vegas managed by Bigelow Aerospace, a defense contractor that builds modules for space stations. It generated at least one report, a 490-page volume that describes alleged UFO sightings in the United States and numerous foreign countries over multiple decades.
          https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.92934f4c4fd8

Comment

Al-lu-mi-ni-um is the material in use of the last few decades, get with the times ...

Thanks for proving my point though ...
            To you Yanks it's 'AL-UM-IN-UM and to us Brit's, it's AL-UM-IN-IUM. And the term is still 'tinfoil' when referring to UFO (and other strange types) buffs. So instead of "getting with the times", you should 'get some time' with the dictionary

"Thanks for proving my point though" Hmm! Your pencil is broken dear tinfoil hatter....

Paul
            ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
            All human ills he can subdue,
            Or with a bauble or medal
            Can win mans heart for you;
            And many a blessing know to stew
            To make a megloamaniac bright;
            Give honour to the dainty Corse,
            The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

I will happily sit by the campfire and agree that the ingredients for life can be found everywhere in the universe... even more so on planets in the Goldilocks zones.

As for accepting that aliens have come here, either now or in the distant past... I find zero evidence to prove that. Trust me, I've tried to read their books and watch TV shows etc, but the twisting of proof to fit their hypothesis was excruciatingly terrible at best.
              As I mentioned in another recent post, one "direction" some of the material takes is highly religious focused, as the following suggests;
              "Alien Intrusion - Unmasking a Deception" from Creation Ministries, Int'l;
              http://www.alienintrusion.com/

Comment

• Close encounter Secret police audio files prove men who claim they were abducted by ‘alien creatures’ with lobster-like claws were telling the TRUTH, researcher claims

Brit ufologist Philip Mantle has republished a book on what he calls one of the "most unique close encounters on record" - the Pascagoula sighting
                https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/551721...archer-claims/

Comment

• .https://www.csicop.org/si/show/famou...ng_a_cold_case
                  "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                  Ernest Hemingway.

"We're all going to die, all of us; what a circus! That alone should make us love each other, but it doesn't. We are terrorised and flattened by trivialities."
                  Bukowski

Comment

• Yes, there may be a mundane explanation, on the other hand this has hallmarks of something extra-ordinary ...
                    Missing Whiteface skier found alive in California

New York State Police said Constantinos “Danny” Filippidis, 49, of Toronto, was found 2,900 miles away Tuesday in Sacramento.
                    http://www.mynbc5.com/article/missin...ornia/17764938

Comment

• Simple, ...

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                      Yes, there may be a mundane explanation, on the other hand this has hallmarks of something extra-ordinary ...

New York State Police said Constantinos “Danny” Filippidis, 49, of Toronto, was found 2,900 miles away Tuesday in Sacramento.

... nobody told him about the worm hole linking the top of Whiteface Mtn's Cloudspin run to the bottom of Squaw Valley's bunny hill; happens all the time.

At least he only has a few days unaccounted for, this poor gal showed up last week:

Last edited by Marmat; 15 Feb 18, 13:16.
                      "I am Groot"
                      - Groot

Comment

Yes, there may be a mundane explanation, on the other hand this has hallmarks of something extra-ordinary ...

I don't know why you choose jump to conclusions and place this story in the "extraordinary" category. Details have yet to be ironed out and more often than not a rather ordinary outcome rises to the surface.
                        "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                        Ernest Hemingway.

"We're all going to die, all of us; what a circus! That alone should make us love each other, but it doesn't. We are terrorised and flattened by trivialities."
                        Bukowski

Comment

I don't know why you choose jump to conclusions and place this story in the "extraordinary" category. Details have yet to be ironed out and more often than not a rather ordinary outcome rises to the surface.
                          If you read my post correctly, I acknowledge that at the start. Potential for extra-ordinary is that amnesia and spatial displacement have been part of abduction claims in the past such as the Travis Walton incident of 1975 where he was missing for five days.
                          Mystery surrounds missing Toronto firefighter
                          He inexplicably reappeared again six days later and 3,000 miles away in Sacramento with no knowledge of what had happened to him or how he had managed to get there.

Even more incredible was the fact that he was still wearing his skiing outfit when he was found.

"He related to the officers that he had been skiing in NY, he believed he had hit his head or had been hit in the head," said Sgt. Shaun Hampton. "He said he was dropped off by a truck driver, he said he slept a lot during the trip here, and he didn't have a lot of recollection of how he got from A to B."
                          https://www.unexplained-mysteries.co...to-firefighter

Comment

• You Need To Hear These FAA Tapes From That Oregon UFO Incident That Sent F-15s Scrambling

New evidence offers great detail of the bizarre event and provides unprecedented insight into how such a unique incident is dealt with in real time.

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone...15s-scrambling

Comment

• Inside Robert Bigelow's Decades-Long Obsession With UFOs

Inside Robert Bigelow's Decades-Long Obsession With UFOs
                              In 1994, a Mormon family bought a 480-acre plot in in Utah’s Uintah Basin, thinking they’d get back to the land. But this particular land was weird. It came with too-large-thrice-over wolves that refused to die by bullet, cattle with their reproductive organs sucked clean out, and a multitude of UFOs, as they told the Deseret News in 1996. It was driving them bonkers.

Robert Bigelow saw their story. Today, the Nevada businessman is known for founding Bigelow Aerospace, which spun off a business to sell its expandable space habitats just last Tuesday. But in 1995, he had also founded something called the National Institute for Discovery Science, an organization built to research paranormal phenomena. Soon after reading the newspaper story, he took Skinwalker off the family’s hands, and his institute set up shop.

That, at least, is the story told in Hunt for the Skinwalker, a book that I downloaded in audio form one Friday night in January. Bigelow deactivated the National Institute for Discovery Science in 2004, after years of failing to capture the supposedly supernatural. But as the world recently discovered, he didn’t give up the cause. In December, a New York Times story revealed that Bigelow Aerospace had conducted a study on UFOs—for the Pentagon. I’d been interested in Bigelow’s anomalistic dealings since that article came out; thus, the audio book.

The Pentagon’s Advanced Aviation Threat Identification Program officially ended in 2012. But similar work continues today—involving people from both the defunct Defense Department program and Bigelow’s dismantled paranormal enterprise. They have become part of a for-profit company: To The Stars Academy of Arts and Science, which launched in October 2017 to research and reverse-engineer UFOs, among other goals.

Bigelow has gotten his fingers into lots of private UFO pies. Even before Skinwalker, he helped initiate the UFO Research Coalition, which puts his UFO-hunting career at about 24 years old. Bigelow is not officially involved with To The Stars. But its aims, and its team, seem to line up with his past and his people. So I set off to try to understand that past.
                              https://www.wired.com/story/inside-r...ion-with-ufos/

Comment

• Another tic-tac bouncing around in the cockpit ...
                                UFO encounter? New footage shows U.S. Navy pilots' apparent sighting of alien craft near East Coast

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/uf...XKY?li=BBnbfcL

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X