This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry, but is that all you've got?

First of all, you're giving me an article with claims from from a guy(Brien Foerster) who is widely known for lying, especially so he can charge ridiculous prices for his Inca tours. For a price, he will suggest anything...
    "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
    Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
    Mark Twain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
      Sorry, but is that all you've got?
      First of all, you're giving me an article with claims from from a guy(Brien Foerster) who is widely known for lying, especially so he can charge ridiculous prices for his Inca tours. For a price, he will suggest anything...
      No offence mate but are you a flat-earther?
      They like to deny evidence too..

Comment

• Originally posted by Poor Old Spike View Post
        No offence mate but are you a flat-earther?
        They like to deny evidence too..
        Given the current state of evidence presented by others here I'm surprised a flat earther hasn't stepped forward.

Evidence you say... where's proof of god, ghosts, yeti, bigfoot, aliens etc, etc, etc. Lots of what is spread is myths, anecdotal material(which is always questionable) and stories from sites which rely on sensationalised material to keep the click baiting alive and well. You may think it's FUN embellishing this stuff but at the end of the day it gets us nowhere.

It's rather amusing that people who preach others to "open their minds" are always the ones who refute credible evidence or anyone who has an opinion other than their own.
        Last edited by Achtung Baby; 23 Dec 17, 23:45.
        Ernest Hemingway.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
          Ernest Hemingway.

Mark Twain.

Comment

..Evidence you say... where's proof of god, ghosts, yeti, bigfoot, aliens etc, etc, etc...
            There was another paranormal documentary on TV again a couple of days ago where a couple (Elsie and Tom Gifford) in a camper van in the Mojave desert were abducted by aliens at night, were they lying or what? Why on earth would they openly describe their encounter and risk being laughed at by neighbours and friends?
            You skeptics might say it was "weather balloons" that did it, in which case you're the laughing stock, not them..
            You could have FUN putting forward a credible theory of your own to explain it after a Sherlock Holmes-type analysis of the facts.
            Personally I deduce that the silly coloured fairy lights they'd strung over their van may have attracted the curious UFO's like moths to a flame.
            And when the guy poked his rifle out the window and started shooting at the aliens he was just asking for trouble!

Comment

Sorry, but is that all you've got?

The first pic has nothing to do with the link. Just because direct evidence comes from a nefarious source doesn't not mean it should be ignored. Ask a detective.

Physical evidence is considered compelling as opposed to hearsay. Go look at 100 pics of different elongated skulls. There is quite a variety. If you study the skull plates they are also not the same as homosapien.

Since the skulls are not human, and clearly not any ape either, then where exactly did they come from?

Perhaps an anal probe would compel you to be a bit more open minded?
              Battles are dangerous affairs... Wang Hsi

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirate-Drakk View Post

Perhaps an anal probe would compel you to be a bit more open minded?
                If that’s what it takes to be open minded, it would appear you guys are abducted and probed quite regularly.
                Ernest Hemingway.

Mark Twain.

Comment

If that’s what it takes to be open minded, it would appear you guys are abducted and probed quite regularly.
                  Dunno if I was "probed", but one night I was camping alone and had a "dream" in the night in which I was out of the tent following a hooded monk-like figure across the field, and there the dream ended.
                  Next morning I woke up back in the tent as usual, and as I was packing up I noticed a painless bruise on my shin but thought no more of it and got on with my cycling tour, and the bruise faded out over the next few days.
                  Its crossed my mind since then that maybe I was abducted and the bruise was possibly where they drilled into my shin's bone marrow to extract my DNA?
                  Maybe they'd heard of my superb tactical prowess on the wargaming scene and decided to get my DNA to produce a clone army of Poor Old Spikes to fight their space battles in a galaxy far away?..

PS- An alternative explanation could be that they might not have extracted my DNA, but altered it for some reason (what cheek!), it's not a new idea-
                  Jesus said "My Father is always working" (John 5:17)

Last edited by Poor Old Spike; 25 Dec 17, 06:00.

Comment

• A re-enactor?....Fantasy must be strong in this one!

That rag is from the USA! (no offence my US friends) but many (probably this one too) of them would show the British Sunday Sport to have some semblance of sanity....

https://www.google.com/search?q=sund...&bih=605&dpr=1

Paul
                    Last edited by Dibble201Bty; 25 Dec 17, 06:56.
                    ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                    All human ills he can subdue,
                    Or with a bauble or medal
                    Can win mans heart for you;
                    And many a blessing know to stew
                    To make a megloamaniac bright;
                    Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                    The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

• Regarding Evolution, creatures like this one are too perfect to have blindly evolved on their own-

So it's pretty obvious that somebody tweaked DNA now and again to keep evolution on track by culling out the dead wood-

"Sorry kiddo, you're on the way out"

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                        Hmmm ...

On the Trail of a Secret Pentagon U.F.O. Program

By RALPH BLUMENTHAL DEC. 18, 2017
                        EXCERPTS:
                        Our readers are plenty interested in unidentified flying objects. We know that from the huge response to our front-page Sunday article (published online just after noon on Saturday) revealing a secret Pentagon program to investigate U.F.O.s. The piece, by the Pentagon correspondent Helene Cooper, the author Leslie Kean and myself — a contributor to The Times after a 45-year staff career — has dominated the most emailed and most viewed lists since.

So how does a story on U.F.O.s get into The New York Times? Not easily, and only after a great deal of vetting, I assure you.

The journey began two and a half months ago with a tip to Leslie, who has long reported on U.F.O.s and published a 2010 New York Times best seller, “UFOs: Generals, Pilots and Government Officials Go on the Record.” At a confidential meeting Oct. 4 in a Pentagon City hotel with several present and former intelligence officials and a defense contractor, she met Luis Elizondo, the director of a Pentagon program she had never heard of: the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program.

She learned it was a secret effort, funded at the initiative of the then Senate majority leader, Harry Reid, starting in 2007, to investigate aerial threats including what the military preferred to call “unidentified aerial phenomena” or just “objects.” This was big news because the United States military had announced as far back as 1969 that U.F.O.s were not worth studying. Leslie also learned that Mr. Elizondo had just resigned to protest what he characterized as excessive secrecy and internal opposition — the reason for the meeting.

She spent hours with him reviewing unclassified documents, for the $22 million program operated largely “in the white” (that is, not under special restricted access), but hidden in the huge defense budget, with only parts of it classified. A few days later Mr. Elizondo and others there — including Harold E. Puthoff, an engineer who has conducted research on extrasensory perception for the C.I.A. and later worked as a contractor on the program, and Christopher K. Mellon, a former deputy assistant secretary of defense for intelligence — announced they were joining a new commercial venture, To the Stars Academy of Arts and Science, to raise money for research into U.F.O.s. Leslie wrote it up for the Huffington Post with scant details of the program.

I had known Leslie for years, and she told me this looked like a story for The Times. I agreed. Leslie and I met with Mr. Elizondo in Philadelphia on Oct. 31. Three days later, I emailed the executive editor, Dean Baquet, about “a sensational and highly confidential time-sensitive story” that I said “involves a senior U.S. intelligence official who abruptly quit last month” exposing “a deeply secret program, long mythologized but now confirmed.”
                        It was important that we not take anything on faith. This field attracts zealots as well as debunkers, and many Americans remain deeply skeptical that the phenomenon exists as popularly portrayed. In draft after draft, we took pains to let the investigation speak for itself, without bias.

Helene met with a Pentagon spokesperson on Dec. 8 for a response to the information we had gathered. The answer came swiftly. There had been a program to investigate U.F.O.s, but it ended in 2012 after five years, the Defense Department insisted.

Our reporting suggested it continues, largely unfunded, to the present. And that’s what we wrote.
                        https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/18/i...m.html?src=twr

What the New York Times UFO Report Actually Reveals

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...fo-report.html
                        TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                        “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
                        Present Current Events are the Future's History

Comment

• The Truth About Those 'Alien Alloys' in The New York Times' UFO Story

Is the government really stockpiling materials in a Nevada building that scientists cannot identify?
                          https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...mes-ufo-story/

For added interest (balance?);
                          7 Huge Misconceptions about Aliens
                          Greetings, Earthlings! 8 Ways Aliens Could Contact Us
                          13 Ways to Hunt Intelligent Aliens

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                            The Truth About Those 'Alien Alloys' in The New York Times' UFO Story

Is the government really stockpiling materials in a Nevada building that scientists cannot identify?
                            https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...mes-ufo-story/
                            From the article:

"There are no alloys that are sitting in some warehouse that we cannot figure out what they are. In fact, it's pretty simple, and any reasonably good metallurgical grad student can do it for you,"
                            I have installed and set up for operation several XRDs (X-Ray Defraction) and SEMs(Scanning Electron Microscope) over the years. Once you know how to prepare and load a specimen and how to operate the machine (not hard, read the manual...) you too can determine what any alloy is. It isn't rocket science.

Comment

Bigelow was a campaign contributor to Reid, smells more like "scratch my back and I'll scratch yours".
                              Which sounds rather common "business as usual" among defense contractors.

Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
                              All that money and yet just two(maybe 3) videos?
                              Aside from material that might be classified for non-release there is this;
                              QUOTE:
                              At least one report was issued by the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program: a 490-page report documenting alleged UFO sightings around the world over the course of several decades. That report has not yet been publicly released.

AATIP officially ran from 2007 to 2012, but Elizondo kept the research going for an additional five years. Back in October, before Politico and The New York Times released stories about AATIP, Elizondo spoke at the launch of To the Stars Academy. He said he ran “a sensitive aerospace threat identification program focusing on unidentified aerial technologies” for almost a decade.
                              http://heavy.com/news/2017/12/advanc...nt-of-defense/

Meanwhile a reminder this isn't the "first time"; back in 1948 there was Project Sign;
                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Sign
                              ... followed by Project Grudge;
                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Grudge
                              ... Then Project Blue Book;
                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Blue_Book
                              ... followed(along with) the Condon Committee/Report;
                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Condon_Committee
                              ... and high probability of a few others still "secret" and not de-classified/released given a continual system/regulations within DoD for reporting "UFOs".

Aren't you turning a blind eye to a rort here...
                              "rort" ???
                              Typo or another acronym I don't recognize?

all because UFOs give you a warm fuzzy feeling inside!
                              Once again, another case where your assumptions/conclusions are in error and far from the Mark.

In my personal case you miss by about 180 degrees.

After 60+ years of curiosity, interest, study, reading, investigating, etc. my "feelings" on this subject area* would be better described as;
                              Apprehensive, suspicious, guarded with continued curiosity, concern, and objective puzzlement. "warm fuzzy" still looks a long way out, if ever.

BTW, how does my effort to objectively post an article/source with no pro-con commentary qualify for an ad-homonym snap from you?

Since you brooch the concept of "feelings" on this subject/topic, it's been my experience that about nine out of ten who don't accept the possibility of *Unexplained/Unknown Aerial Events (UAE*) don't go near to or discuss this subject. The one in ten whom try to discredit~debunk~discourage~dispel investigation and discussion of the subject usually have a subconscious defense in play addressing a challenge to their "belief system"/psyche, whether it be the Religion of (any of many) Theology or the Religion of Science.

*UAE = "Unexplained/Unknown Aerial Event" seems to more a better acronym with less subjective bias in terms.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
                                But he didn't say that he wanted to fly the 'Dee! Da! Doo! Dee! Dumm!' fly'! He said he wanted to fly the 'tic-tac'.... probably one that was loose in the cockpit.... Even If he wanted to fly the 'Dee! Da! Doo! Dee! Dumm!' fly' he couldn't because it was 'squished' (as Queen Bess would say in Black Adder II)!

Paul
                                Wow!
                                I didn't realize you were there and have access to information not provided in the related articles.
                                AND
                                Are better qualified to say what happened than any of the principals whom participated and reported.

That's one amazing "tic-tac" (or two; was there one in the wingman's cockpit as well?) to fool the radar/sensor operators and Officers of the
                                USS Princeton (CG-59)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Princeton_(CG-59)
                                ... "fooling them into "seeing" it descend from 80,000+ feet and into the cockpit(s), or did they start with picking up the object in the cockpit(s)?

Then that amazing "tic-tac" managed to "fool" the radar and targeting systems on-board those F/A-18Es as well as the Mark I eyeballs of the pilots.

It never ceases to amaze me how those whom seek to dispell~debunk~detract~deny "Unexplained/Unknown Aerial Events" can come up with "explanations" that exceed the kookiness of some of the fringe "believers" in UFOs/UEAs.

Do we have evidence of some subconscious nerve/fear of yours being struck here, or maybe a shortage of these ...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X